Hobby Lobby won't have insurance pay for them, but its ok to profit from them.

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
Hobby Lobby's Hypocrisy: The Company's Retirement Plan Invests in Contraception Manufacturers | Mother Jones

"Documents filed with the Department of Labor and dated December 2012—three months after the company's owners filed their lawsuit—show that the Hobby Lobby 401(k) employee retirement plan held more than $73 million in mutual funds with investments in companies that produce emergency contraceptive pills, intrauterine devices, and drugs commonly used in abortions. Hobby Lobby makes large matching contributions to this company-sponsored 401(k).

Several of the mutual funds in Hobby Lobby's retirement plan have holdings in companies that manufacture the specific drugs and devices that the Green family, which owns Hobby Lobby, is fighting to keep out of Hobby Lobby's health care policies: the emergency contraceptive pills Plan B and Ella, and copper and hormonal intrauterine devices."

So it is against their religious principles to allow their employees to have these paid for by company insurance. But their religious principles don't mind them investing in them for profit??

I was in Hobby Lobby the other day and not one word was asked regarding my birth preferences, my religion or faith, the young lady just took my money, gave me change and I left with my purchase. That money could have been tainted for all the cashier cared.

Hobby Lobby's Hypocrisy: The Company's Retirement Plan Invests in Contraception Manufacturers | Mother Jones

"Documents filed with the Department of Labor and dated December 2012—three months after the company's owners filed their lawsuit—show that the Hobby Lobby 401(k) employee retirement plan held more than $73 million in mutual funds with investments in companies that produce emergency contraceptive pills, intrauterine devices, and drugs commonly used in abortions. Hobby Lobby makes large matching contributions to this company-sponsored 401(k).

Several of the mutual funds in Hobby Lobby's retirement plan have holdings in companies that manufacture the specific drugs and devices that the Green family, which owns Hobby Lobby, is fighting to keep out of Hobby Lobby's health care policies: the emergency contraceptive pills Plan B and Ella, and copper and hormonal intrauterine devices."

So it is against their religious principles to allow their employees to have these paid for by company insurance. But their religious principles don't mind them investing in them for profit??

So, if hobby lobby doesn't invest and control their IRAs for their employees, but instead relies on an investment company to do that then your point is moot.

So, if hobby lobby doesn't invest and control their IRAs for their employees, but instead relies on an investment company to do that then your point is moot.

Not at all. I doubt they administer their health insurance plan either. But they take steps to insure that the insurance plan does not include certain things. The retire investment accounts are left to support those same things they oppose?

Also, by allowing their employees access under the insurance is one thing. To actively invest, and thereby fund R&D, they are not only supporting them but expanding them.

I beleive they aren't against contraception. Just the abortion pill. Am I wrong here?

And, good chritians that they are, almost all of the shit they sell comes from China cuz its damn important to them to screw over Americans.

And, good chritians that they are, almost all of the shit they sell comes from China cuz its damn important to them to screw over Americans.

They buy chinese shit because assholes like you buy it from them. Two-way street you brain dead chimp.

As to the bullshit OP, they are not against contraception, they are against the abortion pill. And for your simpletons, the difference is, the pill does not prevent ovulation, it aborts a fertilized egg which the owners of Hobby Lobby consider a viable life.

he Hobby Lobby 401(k) employee retirement plan held more than $73 million in mutual funds with investments in companies that produce emergency contraceptive pills, intrauterine devices, and drugs commonly used in abortions.

Spin till your blue in the face - they are supporting abortions and profiting from abortions.
Period.

Kinda undercuts their credibility when they say they don't want to offer the insurance for their employees. Obviously their "religious opposition" isn't THAT strong.

They buy chinese shit because assholes like you buy it from them. Two-way street you brain dead chimp.

As to the bullshit OP, they are not against contraception, they are against the abortion pill. And for your simpletons, the difference is, the pill does not prevent ovulation, it aborts a fertilized egg which the owners of Hobby Lobby consider a viable life.

Did you read the linked article? It lists companies that Hobby Lobby is invested in.

"These companies include Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, which makes Plan B and ParaGard, a copper IUD, and Actavis, which makes a generic version of Plan B and distributes Ella. Other holdings in the mutual funds selected by Hobby Lobby include Pfizer, the maker of Cytotec and Prostin E2, which are used to induce abortions; Bayer, which manufactures the hormonal IUDs Skyla and Mirena; AstraZeneca, which has an Indian subsidiary that manufactures Prostodin, Cerviprime, and Partocin, three drugs commonly used in abortions; and Forest Laboratories, which makes Cervidil, a drug used to induce abortions. Several funds in the Hobby Lobby retirement plan also invested in Aetna and Humana, two health insurance companies that cover surgical abortions, abortion drugs, and emergency contraception in many of the health care policies they sell."

They have invested money in the companies that MAKE the IUDs and emergency contraceptive pills that they insist they not be forced to provide insurance for their employees for.

Seems like you were just schooled big time.
:eusa_whistle:

"Did you read the linked article? It lists companies that Hobby Lobby is invested in.

"These companies include Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, which makes Plan B and ParaGard, a copper IUD, and Actavis, which makes a generic version of Plan B and distributes Ella. Other holdings in the mutual funds selected by Hobby Lobby include Pfizer, the maker of Cytotec and Prostin E2, which are used to induce abortions; Bayer, which manufactures the hormonal IUDs Skyla and Mirena; AstraZeneca, which has an Indian subsidiary that manufactures Prostodin, Cerviprime, and Partocin, three drugs commonly used in abortions; and Forest Laboratories, which makes Cervidil, a drug used to induce abortions. Several funds in the Hobby Lobby retirement plan also invested in Aetna and Humana, two health insurance companies that cover surgical abortions, abortion drugs, and emergency contraception in many of the health care policies they sell."

They have invested money in the companies that MAKE the IUDs and emergency contraceptive pills that they insist they not be forced to provide insurance for their employees for.

What's the point in basing an argument on a Mother Jones piece. All it does is convolute what may actually be a reasonable premise.

If you can dispute the information provided, then by all means do so.

I am not particularly concerned with the article's author, as much as I am the actual information in the article.

If they retract the statement, because it turns out to be inaccurate, I have no problem putting that out here.

But it seems as though the company is investing in (supporting and making a profit from) the same items they demand they not be forced to include on their insurance plans for religious reasons.

Forum List

Back