Hilarious new study shows which states most US Scientists and Engineers live in

R

rdean

nsf.gov - NCSES Regional Concentrations of Scientists and Engineers in the United States - US National Science Foundation (NSF)

The three most populous states—California, Texas, and New York—had the largest S&E employment and together accounted for more than one-fourth of all S&E employment in the United States

A number of local areas with significant numbers of S&E workers were within the states with the largest S&E employment. The two local areas with the largest S&E employment were in California—the areas in the vicinity of Santa Clara in Northern California and Los Angeles in Southern California (table 2). The areas around New York City, Houston, Denver, and San Diego had the next largest levels of S&E employment. Together, these six areas accounted for 13% of employed S&E workers across the United States.

------------------------------------------------------------

Contrary to popular right wing beliefs, most scientists and engineers don't work for the government. Perhaps the reason right wingers don't understand scientists and engineers is because so few live in their areas. Who in their right mind would cheer "education is for snobs" "we have no smart people" "and let's bring in immigrants with degrees to take the best jobs"? Only one group I can think of.

Where are all the right wingers screaming "liar!" Everyone knows most engineers and scientists are Republican. We only call them names because we love them.

You're a sad individual, Rderp.

Actually, I think I'm pretty happy and very optimistic. But I do get kind of sad when I think about the damage Republicans have caused this country. Don't you?

Why is it hilarious? Like everybody else scientists go where the work is and it seems that the federal government is hiring. It's nice that Florida still employs scientists and engineers even though there isn't much to do in NASA these days. Likewise Ca. The US weather service has a big impact on Georgia and that's OK

nsf.gov - NCSES Regional Concentrations of Scientists and Engineers in the United States - US National Science Foundation (NSF)

The three most populous states—California, Texas, and New York—had the largest S&E employment and together accounted for more than one-fourth of all S&E employment in the United States

A number of local areas with significant numbers of S&E workers were within the states with the largest S&E employment. The two local areas with the largest S&E employment were in California—the areas in the vicinity of Santa Clara in Northern California and Los Angeles in Southern California (table 2). The areas around New York City, Houston, Denver, and San Diego had the next largest levels of S&E employment. Together, these six areas accounted for 13% of employed S&E workers across the United States.

------------------------------------------------------------

Contrary to popular right wing beliefs, most scientists and engineers don't work for the government. Perhaps the reason right wingers don't understand scientists and engineers is because so few live in their areas. Who in their right mind would cheer "education is for snobs" "we have no smart people" "and let's bring in immigrants with degrees to take the best jobs"? Only one group I can think of.

Do you have some economic theory to explain your post? If so, why don't you man up and lay it out there for all to see?

:cool:

Wow! somebody didn't think this one out ...1/4 of all S&E employment, eh?

The combined population of those three states is about 84,000,000 people

The US population is 316,000,000

Do the math

84/316 = 26%

:lol:

:cool:

Wow! somebody didn't think this one out ...1/4 of all S&E employment, eh?

The combined population of those three states is about 84,000,000 people

The US population is 316,000,000

Do the math

84/316 = 26%

:lol:

LOL! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You know that you don't actually have to live in Washington DC to work for the government right?

Edward Snowden lived in Hawaii and still worked for the government.

oh goody gum drops...

now what are we suppose to do,all have orgasms?

my gawd, does trying to prove how high and mighty you all are SUPPOSE to be ever END..?

the people aren't buying it and see you all as just a BORE...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Forum List

Back