Highland Park shooting suspect’s father faces charges for sponsoring son’s gun license

The gun background check system in this country by design is full of holes.

Here in Illinois, the ability to own a gun in this state requires one to only spend $11.00 to get a Firearms Owner's Identification Card. Which means is all you have to do is pinky-swear you are not a criminal or mentally ill.

Is it "pinky swear", or is it sign under penalty of perjury?

Do you not understand intent?

I do, you guys don't. Cars accidentally kill more people than all guns used by criminals to intentionally commit murder. Therefore, cars are far more dangerous than guns.

I do not own a gun and have no desire to own one but it upsets me also. No one should have to pay the government to exercise their Constitutional right. It would be no different than a poll tax. Do you support that?

The Second Amendment isn't about gun ownership, it is about militias.

I am all for well-regulated Militias, I was a member of one for years. (The Illinois National Guard).

Awake the Rapper, a mentally disturbed person, should not have a right to a military grade weapon. It should have been very difficult for him to get one.

Wrong....when you buy a gun you have to have a Federal Background check, you lying doofus.

Which is equally full of holes.
Clearly, if anyone had done a background check on Awake the Rapper, Joker Holmes, Nicholas Cruz, etc... they would have found there is no way these people should have been able to get a gun.

But they were able to get semi-automatic military grade weapons.

I do, you guys don't. Cars accidentally kill more people than all guns used by criminals to intentionally commit murder. Therefore, cars are far more dangerous than guns.

Cars aren't designed to kill people, guns are.
No one gets up in the morning and says, "I'm going to have a car accident today resulting in multiple fatalities."

Guns are designed to kill people.
Most mass shooters do get up in the morning and say, "Today's the day I go out and shoot up a school or a theater or a shopping mall."

But, hey, if you want to treat guns like cars, I'm all for that. let's require the licensing, registration, and insurance of all guns.

Cars are a necessity, guns are not.

Why are cars a necessity in your view, when guns aren't?

Supposedly , someone can call a police officer or a hitman if they need a man with a gun.

Just like they can call an uber or take the bus if they need transportation.

Uh, only until people who aren't hard core Ammosexual realize the put the rest of us in danger.

Democrat party prosecutors, politicians and judges are actually getting thousands of people killed every year in the cities they control......

Democrat party prosecutors, politicians and judges are actually getting thousands of people killed every year in the cities they control......

Except the states with the highest murder rates are red states.

murderrates.jpg

If prosecutors are letting people out, it's because the jails are full and we have nowhere to put them.

The Second Amendment isn't about gun ownership, it is about militias.

I am all for well-regulated Militias, I was a member of one for years. (The Illinois National Guard).

Awake the Rapper, a mentally disturbed person, should not have a right to a military grade weapon. It should have been very difficult for him to get one.
Watching what we have in prog areas made a farce by the political fiefdoms, I will never vote for people who are for the abolition of weapons.

Guns are only necessary for insecure little men like you. And busses do not run everywhere so that is pretty stupid

I suppose one can just lie down and die when confronted with extreme violence, if they don't have the means to defend themselves.

If you are in a big,failed, liberal city and some thugs come up to you intending harm, I guess you can tell them to go copulate themselves.

Actually, it might work nowadays, the thugs might think you are armed and flee. But they won't once the Law Abiders are all disarmed.

Except the states with the highest murder rates are red states.

murderrates.jpg

If prosecutors are letting people out, it's because the jails are full and we have nowhere to put them.

You lying asshat....you have been shown over and over, link after link that it is blue cities, under total control by democrats, that cause those murder rates...their anti-police warfare, their policy of releasing violent criminals over and over again.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back