Hi

lutraphile

Dec 30, 2014
Virginia
I felt like I needed to join a political discussion forum, rather than force political discussions on my friends and family several times a day.

I am

• Left-of-center. Not a Democrat per se but usually grit teeth and support them. Hoping for a Bernie Sanders run in 2016.
  • As the username suggests, a lover of otters (Oriental small clawed in particular)
  • A huge Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst fan
  • Someone who watches tennis obsessively, often to root against Nadal
  • A student at a small college in Virginia

I spend my time refreshing political news sites, watching minor tennis tournaments, playing tennis badly, watching Bojack Horseman for the nth time since its release, and writing unpublishable fiction.

I felt like I needed to join a political discussion forum, rather than force political discussions on my friends and family several times a day.

I am

• Left-of-center. Not a Democrat per se but usually grit teeth and support them. Hoping for a Bernie Sanders run in 2016.
  • As the username suggests, a lover of otters (Oriental small clawed in particular)

I spend my time refreshing political news sites, watching minor tennis tournaments, playing tennis badly, watching Bojack Horseman for the nth time since its release, and writing unpublishable fiction.

Greetings, Earthling!
Before we proceed, we need your long form Birth Certificate, in triplicate, 3 blood tests and a sworn affadivit that you are indeed a homo sapiens.

Ok, just joshing you. We need that BC in quadruplicate. CK keeps losing stuff. :D

I am

Welcome to a great site for the left-of-center. May you find yourself coming back often. :D

I am

Welcome to a great site for the left-of-center. May you find yourself coming back often. :D

I see very quickly I am in the minority :lol:

Love the idea of a "Clean Debate Zone" but it seems sadly inactive

Hello there, lutraphile...

p-zap-welcome-gold_zpsa7d5f0a6.png

:)

I am

I like Bernie! :D

Welcome!

I am

Welcome!
Yay! There's another one :D

I am

Welcome!

Okay, I admit it...I LOVE Bernie! :D

He's the best man for the job, but won't have enough $$$ behind him. Sad.

I am

Welcome!

Yeah, can't exactly imagine a bunch of wealthy CEOs lining up behind a social democrat. He really needs
a. Warren not to run
b. Clinton to self destruct a bit, and Biden too if he runs
c. To catch fire in a big way with the base

I am

Welcome!

Yeah, can't exactly imagine a bunch of wealthy CEOs lining up behind a social democrat. He really needs
a. Warren not to run

On the other hand, they once thought a little peanut farmer would never make it...:p

Have you noticed how the media is already telling us that its between Jeb and Hillary?

I am

Welcome!

a. Warren not to run

On the other hand, they once thought a little peanut farmer would never make it...:p

Have you noticed how the media is already telling us that its between Jeb and Hillary?
Yes. Though I don't know how much that means, it sets up for a long general election/dynasty narrative, but also sets up a "shocking upset" narrative and they are hyping Warren up a lot too. Even Sanders has got some attention.

More conspicuous is who they are ignoring: Biden-who has gotten about the coverage of O'Malley or Webb despite being virtually tied for second with Warren, Ryan- who just is not a very exciting candidate, and Carson- who I mostly just feel like the media (Fox aside) is saving for later.

Welcome Lutra.....I like Bernie Sanders too, but he's way too valuable in Congress......hope you enjoy posting here.....look forward to seeing your posts.

Forum List

Back