Hi Ya'll Are?

LoThunder

Nov 10, 2008
Just me, humble country boy, Bill Thunder.

Proud to be American, fortunate to be American Indian.

Some of you knew me on AOL. Currently there is a rumor that those boards are shutting down, and all us message junkies are scrambling to find homes where we can fight and not get hurt...

It's sort of an odd interface isn't it?
It's hard for me to stay between the formatting symbols, and I must have bold text...

"Welcome to the Message Board. Make yourself at home. Quite interesting here."

Thanks. I hope it will be...

I see that I have much to learn about your ways.
I just received a "reputation" comment, and couldn't pull it up, and have no idea where to look for it.
Perhaps someone could inform me of a couple of things like that...

Welcome to the board!!!

I grew up in Oklahoma. The land of the 5 Civilized Tribes.

I used to go to Pow-Wow's all of the time. Great fun.

Thanks for that memory.
I love those "Southern Style," powwows of down home.
Gourd Dance and straight-dance-Heluska...
Kick it UP!!

Thanks for that memory.
I love those "Southern Style," powwows of down home.
Gourd Dance and straight-dance-Heluska...
Kick it UP!!
I grew up at Fort Sill in Oklahoma where Geronimo was burried. In fact my nephew lives in Geronimo, Ok. Down the road is a town named Indiahoma and another named Apache. Native American culture is everywhere!.

There was an old Indian woman who lived there and had P.O.W. status. Because as a little girl she and some other Apaches were arrested and held as prisoners of war in the stockade there at Fort Sill.

The other famous Indian who lived there was Quanah Parker. (I knew his grand daughter) He was the last Chief of the Comanches. His mother was a white captive named Cynthia Ann Parker. Quite a story if you look it up. He was the richest Indian in America at the time.

Some of you knew me on AOL. Currently there is a rumor that those boards are shutting down, and all us message junkies are scrambling to find homes where we can fight and not get hurt...

Welcome to the board brother!

-Joe

No guarantees on the not getting hurt part. Depends on who you have the guts to tangle with. :badgrin:

Rep comments are positive, or negative points other members can give you depending on what they think of your posts.

If you click on the User CP link toward the upper left of your screen, it will show you the rep comments you received, who they're from, and whether they're positive, or negative. Green, or gray is positive, even if there's no comment. Red is negative, and in order to leave negative rep, one MUST leave a comment.

If you wish to rep another persons post, there is a little scale icon in the upper right corner of their post. Click on that, and a box will drop down allowing you to make your choice, and leave a comment.

To determine what's all allowed here (almost anything), and what's not, there's a link to the rules at the top of the main page.

-Dis

I grew up at Fort Sill in Oklahoma where Geronimo was burried. In fact my nephew lives in Geronimo, Ok. Down the road is a town named Indiahoma and another named Apache. Native American culture is everywhere!.

There was an old Indian woman who lived there and had P.O.W. status. Because as a little girl she and some other Apaches were arrested and held as prisoners of war in the stockade there at Fort Sill.

The other famous Indian who lived there was Quanah Parker. (I knew his grand daughter) He was the last Chief of the Comanches. His mother was a white captive named Cynthia Ann Parker. Quite a story if you look it up. He was the richest Indian in America at the time.

Yeah, a lot of those old guys were basically imprisoned there at Ft. Sill, huh? Lot of history of those nations. I have a buddy who is related to Quanah Parker, he's Comanche and Yaqui.

Parker was basically the founder of the North American version of the Native American Church.
Did OK for himself...

Welcome to the board brother!

-Joe

Thanks Joe, I appreciate those sentiments and that old quote.

No guarantees on the not getting hurt part. Depends on who you have the guts to tangle with.

Rep comments are positive, or negative points other members can give you depending on what they think of your posts.

If you click on the User CP link toward the upper left of your screen, it will show you the rep comments you received, who they're from, and whether they're positive, or negative. Green, or gray is positive, even if there's no comment. Red is negative, and in order to leave negative rep, one MUST leave a comment.

If you wish to rep another persons post, there is a little scale icon in the upper right corner of their post. Click on that, and a box will drop down allowing you to make your choice, and leave a comment.

To determine what's all allowed here (almost anything), and what's not, there's a link to the rules at the top of the main page.

-Dis

Thanks Dis, that's very helpful.

I probably could have poked around and found it, but it's nice to get it all in one post.

I'll kick a little butt, and I'll get my butt kicked a few times. Pretty normal course of events.

I always say it takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, but it takes a BIGGER MAN, to LAUGH at that man who admitted he was wrong...

Forum List

Back