HEY Warren... WHY NOT DONATE and Encourage Others LIKE MIllionaire Obama

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
to donate???

"No, and I think would have a great effect in terms of the morale of the middle class, who have seen themselves paying high payroll taxes, income taxes. And then they watch guys like me end up paying a rate that's below that, you know, paid by the people in my office."
Buffett: Tax Hikes On Rich Would "Raise Morale Of The Middle Class" | RealClearPolitics

Does he know what a dumb f...k comment that is??

Seriously WARREN DONATE to the USA IF YOU FEEL so upset about it!!!
Here help out by sending oh say WHAT YOU OWE already dummy!
According to page 56 of the company report, “At December 31, 2010… net unrecognized tax benefits were $1,005 million”, or about $1 billion. McCarty explained, “Unrecognized tax benefits represent the company’s potential future obligation to the IRS and other taxing authorities. They have to be recorded in the company’s financial statements.” "This one’s truly, uh ... rich:
Billionaire Warren Buffett says folks like him should have to pay more taxes -- but it turns out his firm, Berkshire Hathaway, hasn’t paid what it’s already owed for years.

That’s right: As Americans for Limited Government President Bill Wilson notes, the company openly admits that it owes back taxes since as long ago as 2002.

“We anticipate that we will resolve all adjustments proposed by the US Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) for the 2002 through 2004 tax years ... within the next 12 months,” the firm’s annual report says.

Warren Buffett’s hokey tax-hike call--Editorial - NYPOST.com

WARREN JUST PAY WHAT YOU OWE and that's a START!!

THEN you want to GIVE MORE do what Romney did DON"T DEDUCT from your income taxes OWED the donation!! And pay the full 39%..
BUT PLEASE don't insult our intelligence with your latest stupidity..
"And then they watch guys like me end up paying a rate that's below that, you know, paid by the people in my office."
ALSO Warren FIRE your accountants that come up with the exotic tax write offs! Two birds use that money to pay higher other employees and pay more taxes!
NOT ONE government LAW prevents you from donating to the US GOvT... Here's the address warren!!

Gifts to the United States Government: Questions and Answers: Financial Management Service
Financial gifts can be made by check or money order payable to the United States Treasury and mailed to the address below.

Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782

I know. Crazy idea. use your own money to make the world better and stop stealing the money of others.

This is something I don't quite understand. Both Buffet and Gates have publicly stated they believe in raising taxes and feel they don't pay enough as it is.

Now, I respect Bill Gates for all that he's done and all that he's given to charity; but if they feel they're not paying enough taxes, why aren't they? Nothing is stopping them.

This is something I don't quite understand. Both Buffet and Gates have publicly stated they believe in raising taxes and feel they don't pay enough as it is.

Now, I respect Bill Gates for all that he's done and all that he's given to charity; but if they feel they're not paying enough taxes, why aren't they? Nothing is stopping them.

What's worse is they THEN make a big deal about raising taxes on millionaires,etc....!

Do you realize what fools Buffett/Gates/Obama must think we are??

I mean these idiots moan and groan about "oh geez, I wish I had to pay more in taxes but unfortunately my tax rate is lower then our secretaries!"

Do they have such disrespect for Americans intelligence that we wouldn't ask the simple question.."Guys why not just donate more"???
More importantly I am SURE like Obama who DEDUCTED 14% of his adjusted income Gates/Buffett wrote off against their adjusted income their donations!

Unlike Romney who gave $2.5 million more BUT didn't take it as donations write off against his adjusted taxable income!
They [Romneys] paid $1,935,708 in taxes, giving them an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent.
The Romneys donated $4,020,772 to charity—nearly 30 percent of their total income, which is very impressive indeed.
Next, however, trustee Malt notes that “the Romneys claimed a deduction for $2.25 million of those charitable contributions.”
In other words, they didn’t take a deduction for nearly $1.8 million in charitable donations— donations for which they would have been perfectly entitled to take deductions.
If the Romneys’ income were taxed at the 15 percent rate levied on investment income, that means the Romneys needlessly paid an extra $270,000 in taxes.

So .. why didn't Obama do that? He wrote off ONLY 14% of his adjusted income to donations!

to donate???

"No, and I think would have a great effect in terms of the morale of the middle class, who have seen themselves paying high payroll taxes, income taxes. And then they watch guys like me end up paying a rate that's below that, you know, paid by the people in my office."
Buffett: Tax Hikes On Rich Would "Raise Morale Of The Middle Class" | RealClearPolitics

According to page 56 of the company report, “At December 31, 2010… net unrecognized tax benefits were $1,005 million”, or about $1 billion. McCarty explained, “Unrecognized tax benefits represent the company’s potential future obligation to the IRS and other taxing authorities. They have to be recorded in the company’s financial statements.” "This one’s truly, uh ... rich:
Billionaire Warren Buffett says folks like him should have to pay more taxes -- but it turns out his firm, Berkshire Hathaway, hasn’t paid what it’s already owed for years.

That’s right: As Americans for Limited Government President Bill Wilson notes, the company openly admits that it owes back taxes since as long ago as 2002.

“We anticipate that we will resolve all adjustments proposed by the US Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) for the 2002 through 2004 tax years ... within the next 12 months,” the firm’s annual report says.

THEN you want to GIVE MORE do what Romney did DON"T DEDUCT from your income taxes OWED the donation!! And pay the full 39%..
"And then they watch guys like me end up paying a rate that's below that, you know, paid by the people in my office."
ALSO Warren FIRE your accountants that come up with the exotic tax write offs! Two birds use that money to pay higher other employees and pay more taxes!
NOT ONE government LAW prevents you from donating to the US GOvT... Here's the address warren!!

Gifts to the United States Government: Questions and Answers: Financial Management Service
Financial gifts can be made by check or money order payable to the United States Treasury and mailed to the address below.

Credit Accounting Branch
Hyattsville, MD 20782

Berkshire Hathaway is owned by its shareholders.

I know why they don't donate to the Government!!!

It's because their philanthropies are more efficient then giving more money to the government!

Seriously when they like most Americans read where OUR GOVERNMENT did the following:
- spent $2.6 million to make sure prostitutes in China drink less on the job.
- $1.44 million in federal funds estimating the size of the population and examining the “social milieu” of male prostitutes in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

tax dollars spent on prostitutes in China/Vietnam?? Does that really make anyone feel good about sending money to the IRS when it's being spent so foolishly?

Here are some more examples from Senator Coburn's report...
-- Though skeptics say there's no such thing as a free cellphone or service funded by the federal government, Coburn's report shows otherwise. It estimates that taxpayers are subsidizing phone service at a cost of nearly $1.5 billion a year. Though the roots of the program can be traced back to an effort in the 1930s to make sure all Americans had access to telecommunications, it has morphed into a program that provided free cell service to some 16,500,000 participants last year.

- The report spotlights widespread abuse of the food stamp system -- including an exotic dancer who earned more than $85,000 a year in tips, but also collected nearly $1,000 a month in food stamps while spending $9,000 during that time period on "cosmetic enhancements."

Coburn's 'Waste Book' details $19 billion in eye-opening government expenses | Fox News

What's worse is they THEN make a big deal about raising taxes on millionaires,etc....!

I mean these idiots moan and groan about "oh geez, I wish I had to pay more in taxes but unfortunately my tax rate is lower then our secretaries!"

Do they have such disrespect for Americans intelligence that we wouldn't ask the simple question.."Guys why not just donate more"???
More importantly I am SURE like Obama who DEDUCTED 14% of his adjusted income Gates/Buffett wrote off against their adjusted income their donations!

Unlike Romney who gave $2.5 million more BUT didn't take it as donations write off against his adjusted taxable income!
They [Romneys] paid $1,935,708 in taxes, giving them an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent.
The Romneys donated $4,020,772 to charity—nearly 30 percent of their total income, which is very impressive indeed.
Next, however, trustee Malt notes that “the Romneys claimed a deduction for $2.25 million of those charitable contributions.”
In other words, they didn’t take a deduction for nearly $1.8 million in charitable donations— donations for which they would have been perfectly entitled to take deductions.
If the Romneys’ income were taxed at the 15 percent rate levied on investment income, that means the Romneys needlessly paid an extra $270,000 in taxes.

So .. why didn't Obama do that? He wrote off ONLY 14% of his adjusted income to donations!

You will also get to watch the Gates and Buffet types object to capping deductions. They will attempt to get exceptions for "charitable" deductions. Odd how the foundations they donate to hire so many of their family and friends.

It's because their philanthropies are more efficient then giving more money to the government!

Seriously when they like most Americans read where OUR GOVERNMENT did the following:
- $1.44 million in federal funds estimating the size of the population and examining the “social milieu” of male prostitutes in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

tax dollars spent on prostitutes in China/Vietnam?? Does that really make anyone feel good about sending money to the IRS when it's being spent so foolishly?

-- Though skeptics say there's no such thing as a free cellphone or service funded by the federal government, Coburn's report shows otherwise. It estimates that taxpayers are subsidizing phone service at a cost of nearly $1.5 billion a year. Though the roots of the program can be traced back to an effort in the 1930s to make sure all Americans had access to telecommunications, it has morphed into a program that provided free cell service to some 16,500,000 participants last year.

- The report spotlights widespread abuse of the food stamp system -- including an exotic dancer who earned more than $85,000 a year in tips, but also collected nearly $1,000 a month in food stamps while spending $9,000 during that time period on "cosmetic enhancements."

Coburn's 'Waste Book' details $19 billion in eye-opening government expenses | Fox News

I don't think you understand the concept of taxation at all.

You will also get to watch the Gates and Buffet types object to capping deductions. They will attempt to get exceptions for "charitable" deductions. Odd how the foundations they donate to hire so many of their family and friends.

Their deductions are already capped.

to donate???

Credit Accounting Branch
Hyattsville, MD 20782

Big f..king DEAL!!! Still owe the IRS and Buffett OWNS
Buffett owned 32.4% aggregate voting power of Berkshire's shares outstanding and 23.3% of the economic value of those shares.
Berkshire Hathaway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I think he could say "PAY the f..king TAXES!!!"

Those who understand the concept of taxation want less taxation.

to donate???

Credit Accounting Branch
Hyattsville, MD 20782

Big f..king DEAL!!! Still owe the IRS and Buffett OWNS
Buffett owned 32.4% aggregate voting power of Berkshire's shares outstanding and 23.3% of the economic value of those shares.
Berkshire Hathaway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I think he could say "PAY the f..king TAXES!!!"

Yeah - not even a controlling share.

Those who understand the concept of taxation want less taxation.

Taxes are already at historic lows.

Why don't all you nutters who constantly whine about the deficit and debt donate to the government to cut the deficit or pay down the debt?

Why don't all you nutters who constantly whine about the deficit and debt donate to the government to cut the deficit or pay down the debt?

Because it wont pay down the deficit until our politicians actually commit to paying it down. We send more money to Washington, we are just throwing it down the drain. Much better to take care of our families then give Washington more of our money to waste.

Primarily because I don't want to see MY hard earned dollars being wasted by
A) President and family flitting around the country in planes running up stupid expense so they can have FUN..golfing,etc...
B) Seriously... you want YOUR tax dollars be spent on the likes of this?? Male prostitutes??? I mean getting f..ked by the govt. is one thing paying some male prostitutes is way way another f...king...!

Hey you pay a cell phone?? Guess what ..
Though skeptics say there's no such thing as a free cellphone or service funded by the federal government, Coburn's report shows otherwise. It estimates that taxpayers are subsidizing phone service at a cost of nearly $1.5 billion a year. Though the roots of the program can be traced back to an effort in the 1930s to make sure all Americans had access to telecommunications, it has morphed into a program that provided free cell service to some 16,500,000 participants last year.

How about those poor needy hungry kids who's mom made $85,000 a year but get's $1,000 in stamps... that a good use of your tax dollars???

I love the wingnut assumption that if they send extra money to the gov't then the gov't will just increase their spending by exactly that amount but they will create threads like these and call the other side "hypocrites" for not donating to the cause. It's nonsensical and hilarious.

Last edited:

Their deductions are already capped.

Really? What are the limits?

I love the wingnut assumption that if they send extra money to the gov't then the gov't will just increase their spending by exactly that amount but they will create threads like these and call the other side "hypocrites" for not donating to the cause. It's nonsensical and hilarious.

We're operating at a huge deficit.

It doesn't matter how much money we send the government, they always spend more than they take in.

Forum List

Back