Hey Paulie, How far do the Eagles have to go...

Well let's put it this way. If we win the SB, I'm not going to feel like I deserve to celebrate it. If I did I'd feel like a bandwagon bitch, and I'm just not one.

Regardless though, I'd still want them gone. I love QB's that move around and make plays with their legs, and McNabb doesn't do that anymore. He's Randall Cunningham after the broken leg.

And I don't think I can take anymore of Reid's playcalling, SB or not. When we run the ball and balance the plays, we win. When we pass all game long, we usually lose.

I know it sounds weird, but I'm sticking to my principles.

I have the WS anyway. I'm good for a while. :D

Pitchers and catchers report like a week after the Super Bowl, so I'll be preoccupied by that point anyway. I love my Eagles and all, but this year, baseball season trumps an Eagles SB.

Everyone is picking the Eagles.

The score is going to be

Minnesota 41 Philadelphia 13

:tongue:

071104_AdrianPeterson_vmed_8p.widec.jpg

I don't see Peterson beating us up. He's your only weapon. We can bring guys up from the secondary and leave our coverage one on one. Your receivers can't beat our secondary.

Well, if I were a betting man, I'd pick the Eagles. However, the Eagles have stunk up the joint in several games this year, and I imagine McNabb will be running around a lot in the backfield. Whether or not he escapes will determine if the Eagles win because if you have to convert a bunch of 3 and 12s, you won't.

I think whatever happens, the game will be decided by a field goal or less.

Also, if the season had ended after week 16 with the Redskins game instead of week 17 with the Cowboys game, the Vikings would be favored. And I think that Philly hammered the Cowboys because the Cowboys were a mess more than anything.

I'm not basing anything on the Cowboys game. I'd have been just as happy with a 10-3 victory. We gave them what they had coming to them.

Far as our game, you have to contend with multiple offensive weapons, where as we only have to contend with Peterson. I would hope that if McNabb is being chased around a lot, we could adjust and hit you with Westbrook.

We're going to have to establish our running game throughout the playoffs or we won't be going very far. McNabb can't do it all on his own anymore.

I can't help but be excited about tomorrow's game. I may not like McNabb and Reid anymore, but there's players on this team that truely deserve to win because they play their asses off every week. Dawkins, Westbrook, Runyan, Akers. These guys have been with the team for years through all the heartbreaking losses, and even though McNabb may have ultimately been a shortcomer, these guys deserve a ring.

I'm pumped the fuck up!

I can't help but be excited about tomorrow's game. I may not like McNabb and Reid anymore, but there's players on this team that truely deserve to win because they play their asses off every week. Dawkins, Westbrook, Runyan, Akers. These guys have been with the team for years through all the heartbreaking losses, and even though McNabb may have ultimately been a shortcomer, these guys deserve a ring.

I'm pumped the fuck up!

How bout them Eagles!

And I'm glad to see that not only are you back on the bandwagon, but it seems you've taken the wheel!

How bout them Eagles!

And I'm glad to see that not only are you back on the bandwagon, but it seems you've taken the wheel!

Oh come on, that post wasn't indicative of me jumping on the bandwagon. I said I still don't support Reid and McNabb, but I think there's a group of players on the team that deserve a ring. I'm pumped up for them, because now it looks like they have a serious shot.

The whole season I spent ragging on the team, it was only directed at Reid and McNabb. Reid ultimately sucks at playcalling, and McNabb seems to find unlimited ways to suck during various games. I don't forgive him for not knowing a regular season OT game ended after 1 quarter.

The difference between this season and '04, is that this year if we lose, it really won't bother me. This year it's not for me, it's for the players that deserve it. We don't win, oh well. Pitchers and catchers report in a month :D

Oh come on, that post wasn't indicative of me jumping on the bandwagon. I said I still don't support Reid and McNabb, but I think there's a group of players on the team that deserve a ring. I'm pumped up for them, because now it looks like they have a serious shot.

The whole season I spent ragging on the team, it was only directed at Reid and McNabb. Reid ultimately sucks at playcalling, and McNabb seems to find unlimited ways to suck during various games. I don't forgive him for not knowing a regular season OT game ended after 1 quarter.

The difference between this season and '04, is that this year if we lose, it really won't bother me. This year it's not for me, it's for the players that deserve it. We don't win, oh well. Pitchers and catchers report in a month :D

I didn't mean it to be insulting. They're your home team, you're allowed to be critical and still be a fan...and enjoy any success they achieve.

You can't imagine all the shit I used to take from my friends when I used to bash Bledsoe up and down...from day one.

I'd like to see your Eagles have a rematch with my Baltimore in the Superbowl... but I think both have a tough game in front of them before that happens.. naturally Pittsburgh is the favorite, and rightfully so... but Baltimore does have the ability to pull it off... and Philly best not underestimate Arizona.. The Cards look like a much different team in the playoffs. Balanced, focused, and playing very aggressively on defense.... Fresh legs on Edge and a defense that is being assertive, make this team actually very dangerous in spite of their 9-7 regular season record

I can't ignore the fact that Carolina played their worst game of the season, though. How many picks did Delhomme throw? How badly did that guy play?

Arizona took advantage of opportunities that really shouldn't have been there, if the regular season was any indication.

I would say they got lucky. If they don't get as lucky against us, they won't win. We don't have to stack the box against their RB's, so we can play an extra guy out in the secondary to cover their receivers.

We stop the pass, we win.

BTW, the Eagles have been in five of the past 10 conference championship games.

I think only Tom Landry and Bill Belichick have done this as coaches besides Andy Reid.

I thought it was 5 of the past 8?

I thought it was 5 of the past 8?

It was. 5th time since '01.

Ironically though (and this is only my opinion), it was Reid who was at the forefront of all the losses. Especially the SB, where he allowed his players to lag during the last 3 minutes where they had the ball and an opportunity to drive down the field and kick a FG to tie the game. Never in my life have I seen such a sorry performance from a group of players that had less than half a field's length to go to send a SB into overtime.

I'd have been chewing their fucking heads off. Reid isn't capable of that kind of emotion, and that's why I think he fails. He'll probably prove me wrong and win the SB this year. Will I forgive him if they do?

Probably :D

Now that I think about it, I believe Cowher also took the Steelers to at least 5 conference title games.

Of course, he won one SB and everyone thinks he's a football God now, despite choking on home field in at least 3 AFC title games.

IMHO, the Eagles are going to win it all, which should worry Paul because I'm almost always wrong...

Forum List

Back