Hey American Big Business Get off Your Butts and Our Money Bring Us Jobs

merrill

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2011
This doesn’t need to be a pipe dream, but the researchers argue it will require the right combination of government policies to coax big businesses to let their cash flow. In particular, the group calls for more government spending and debt relief measures for households in order to shore up consumer demand. This, coupled with greater taxes on business cash reserves, could force companies to start reinvesting again in the economy.

“There is no reason that the U.S. needs to remain stuck in a long-term unemployment crisis,” the researchers write. “Rather, through a combination of policy measures, overall demand can be strengthened and the credit constraint weakened. This will be the combination of measures necessary to start fulfilling the needs of U.S. citizens for decent job opportunities at all levels.”

While the report doesn’t single out specific businesses, MainStreet has previously reported that many well-known companies like General Motors (Stock Quote: GM) and Western Digital are currently sitting on billions in net cash reserves.

Seth Fiegerman is a staff reporter for MainStreet. You can reach him by email at [email protected], or follow him on Twitter @sfiegerman.

Big Businesses Have Enough Extra Cash to Create 19 Million Jobs | Employment | Career | Mainstreet

How about you get off your lazy ass and create your own job?

Start a business. Provide a good or service that others want. Then you can hire whomever you want and you dont have to worry about an unethical boss, unless your a piece of crap yourself.

Problem solved.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Start a business. Provide a good or service that others want. Then you can hire whomever you want and you dont have to worry about an unethical boss, unless your a piece of crap yourself.

Problem solved.

:clap2:

This is the second topic in as many days about this Massachusetts study.

I do not see what jobs they think can be created. Where is the demand for the products these jobs would be making?

Anyone?

Some, if not a lot, of this liquidity they are talking about is investment money that is being parked on the sidelines. Perhaps these guys in MA have not noticed the stock market is stalled and trading volumes are very low.

Everyone is worried about the market tanking. The Euro crisis has us back at the abyss. So these companies are playing it smart and holding back their investment cash.

This is the second topic in as many days about this Massachusetts study.

I do not see what jobs they think can be created. Where is the demand for the products these jobs would be making?

Anyone?

Some, if not a lot, of this liquidity they are talking about is investment money that is being parked on the sidelines. Perhaps these guys in MA have not noticed the stock market is stalled and trading volumes are very low.

Everyone is worried about the market tanking. The Euro crisis has us back at the abyss. So these companies are playing it smart and holding back their investment cash.
I think the know-it-all central planner technocrats believe that by inflating the shit out of the currency, they can compel the business owners to pump their cash reserves into the economy, while it still has value...But what they're doing is dumping into metals and other commodities and preserving their buying power, until we can get shed of the Marxist punk occupying 1600 Pennsylvania.

This doesn’t need to be a pipe dream, but the researchers argue it will require the right combination of government policies to coax big businesses to let their cash flow. In particular, the group calls for more government spending and debt relief measures for households in order to shore up consumer demand. This, coupled with greater taxes on business cash reserves, could force companies to start reinvesting again in the economy.

“There is no reason that the U.S. needs to remain stuck in a long-term unemployment crisis,” the researchers write. “Rather, through a combination of policy measures, overall demand can be strengthened and the credit constraint weakened. This will be the combination of measures necessary to start fulfilling the needs of U.S. citizens for decent job opportunities at all levels.”

While the report doesn’t single out specific businesses, MainStreet has previously reported that many well-known companies like General Motors (Stock Quote: GM) and Western Digital are currently sitting on billions in net cash reserves.

Seth Fiegerman is a staff reporter for MainStreet. You can reach him by email at [email protected], or follow him on Twitter @sfiegerman.

Big Businesses Have Enough Extra Cash to Create 19 Million Jobs | Employment | Career | Mainstreet

It's nice to see that the UMass economics department is just as clueless now as they were when I went to school there thirty years ago.

Problem solved.
I did for 30 years....

And a portion of my good wages made big business what it is which they conveniently forget.

Consumers and taxpayers rule! It's time we take back our power and respect!!!

Problem solved.
I did for 30 years....

And a portion of my good wages made big business what it is which they conveniently forget.

You're not going to garner much respect posting bat shit crazy stuff like this.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Problem solved.
I did for 30 years....

well whose fault was it you didn't save all your money you made thirty years ago and go out and START YOUR OWN BUSINESS?

a portion of your wages made big business...did someone FORCE you to give it to them?

good gawd

Problem solved.
I did for 30 years....

You did get a paycheck right?

I assume you did.

Therefore they didnt forget you, and you obviously liked it enough to do it for 30 years.

So STFU hack!

Problem solved.
I did for 30 years....

You did get a paycheck right?

I assume you did.

Therefore they didnt forget you, and you obviously liked it enough to do it for 30 years.

So STFU hack!

idiot is the word I was thinking..

Problem solved.
I did for 30 years....

well whose fault was it you didn't save all your money you made thirty years ago and go out and START YOUR OWN BUSINESS?

a portion of your wages made big business...did someone FORCE you to give it to them?

good gawd

Exactly the arrogance that represents big business ego's ......

I did for 30 years....

good gawd

:eusa_whistle:

I did for 30 years....

good gawd

2011-12-20174133.jpg

Problem solved.

I did for 30 years....

How did your good wages make big business what it is?

Our money? Do you even underst..... Aw, screw it.

Forum List

Back