Hey AJ, Old Testament Bible Codes

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
AJ, what's up with all these wacky jews saying they find codes in the bible which tell the future? Have you checked this out?

I saw something about this on the Discovery channel I thought it was interesting but I don't hold much to it ! :cuckoo:

• Banned
Sandy73 said:
I saw something about this on the Discovery channel I thought it was interesting but I don't hold much to it ! :cuckoo:

Yes. It seems the first couple things I found on it say it's a crock. Oh well. It's a neat idea!

Hobbit - look it up 'The Bible Code' Its fascinating.
A book was written about it by a guy named Michael Drosdin or something like that I believe.

Im not saying I believe it, but again, it's interesting, fascinating stuff.

KLSuddeth said:
Hobbit - look it up 'The Bible Code' Its fascinating.
A book was written about it by a guy named Michael Drosdin or something like that I believe.

Im not saying I believe it, but again, it's interesting, fascinating stuff.

I agree KL I don't really believe it but it is spooky and fascinating ! Worth checking in on !

I'm pretty skeptical about the Bible Codes myself. Someone took a copy of "Moby Dick" and was able to get prophecies out of it too. I'm sure everyone would agree that Herman Melville wasn't being inspired by God when he wrote that. You could probably pull the same thing off with the text from posts on this forum.

The way they get the Bible Codes is by arranging texts from the Torah in a matrix, then doing letter skipping. It's somewhat like those "word find" puzzles you see in the newspaper.

Since the written Hebrew language (like Arabic) has no vowels (well, few of them), sentences are written out like this

Th qck brwn fx jmpd ovr th lzy dg (i.e. "the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog")

So it is possible for a group of letters to map to several different words (e.g. "qck" could be "quick" or "quack", "fx" could be "fox" or "fix", "dg" could be "dog" or "dig", "th" could be "the" or "thou". I think that, given this, it is entirely possible to come up with a bunch of words in matrix of letters that are somewhat related to each other.

You could also probably get the same effect by doing the same thing to the Koran. The Koran is written in Arabic, which has few vowels in its written form, like Hebrew. So I think that you can come up with prophecies via a "Koran Code" as well.

I also don't believe in UFOs, either, but , it is fun to make believe, isn't it?

"AJ, what's up with all these wacky jews saying they find codes in the bible which tell the future? Have you checked this out?"

Are you talking about Qaballah? If so many Qabbalists have been trying to crack the "Bible Code" for centuries.

Deaddude, he is talking about a couple of books entitled THE BIBLE CODE and THE BIBLE CODE II. A couple of Jewish scientists invented a method by which they discovered coded messages in the Bible forecasting events that have happened in our time, principally the 20th century. Both books are interesting reading, but as Karl Marx pointed out in his response to this thread, you can take the method invented by the Jewish scientists and find coded messages in popular literature as well as the Bible. So it doesn't seem too "other worldly" afterall.

I find the whole premise of it to be very shaky. Why would God speak in codes if He took the time to speak to people directly in the first place?

I saw the same show on History Channel.... interesting but I think it's more of a quirk than anything else

CSM said:
I saw the same show on History Channel.... interesting but I think it's more of a quirk than anything else

Same here but man these people were really into this stuff--like horoscope freaks or something. Guess they have the time and money to mess with it and it proves something to themselves. (makes money for em too)

dilloduck said:
Same here but man these people were really into this stuff--like horoscope freaks or something. Guess they have the time and money to mess with it and it proves something to themselves. (makes money for em too)

I saw the author on Oprah years ago. He said he found her name in there somewhere, but she didn't want to know what it said - I think he freaked her out a bit. Personally, I think it's hooey.

Said1 said:
I saw the author on Oprah years ago. He said he found her name in there somewhere, but she didn't want to know what it said - I think he freaked her out a bit. Personally, I think it's hooey.

There are places on the web that debunk this. They take other books and apply the same "decoding" and get some pretty interesting messages.

Interesting game, but a game is all it is.

no1tovote4 said:
There are places on the web that debunk this. They take other books and apply the same "decoding" and get some pretty interesting messages.

Interesting game, but a game is all it is.

I've heard of the debunkers. SOmething about running and re-running the computer program until you get the results you want. Makes sense to me.

Said1 said:
I've heard of the debunkers. SOmething about running and re-running the computer program until you get the results you want. Makes sense to me.
yup these "mathematician holy men" are proven Go exists--just pay em !!

Forum List

Back