Here's What Happened to the Bodies When the Titanic Submersible Imploded

they were dead before they felt anything

They went from laughing and playing cards to being a carbonized cloud of organic molecular bio-matter an instant later floating in the ocean at about the speed of a camera shutter.

They probably heard or saw something that suggested the vessel might have an issue like a crack or a leak or a sound that concerned them as the window was rated for only a THIRD the depth they were going, but never had a chance and the ship imploded at the speed of a bomb blast.

Actually ash. They were vaporized before the image of the hull collapsing made it through their ocular nerves.

7,200 tons of pressure clapping shut on your body from every direction at the temperature of the surface of the Sun (about 5X hotter than that needed to melt steel) at the speed of a bomb blast (about 800mph).

WHAMMO. Plankton food.

7,200 tons of pressure clapping shut on your body from every direction at the temperature of the surface of the Sun (about 5X hotter than that needed to melt steel) at the speed of a bomb blast (about 800mph).

WHAMMO. Plankton food.

Our future is the sea. :laughing0301:

0kpo0LZbuT6XP84nE.jpeg

Actually no. A got a report from a friend at Bechtel Bettis when it happened that they lost consciousness and likely burned up or were destroyed high in the atmosphere.
I think you're referring to the Shuttle Columbia accident where it disintigrated 38 miles up on reentry. Challenger didn't make it that far up 72 seconds after launch.

This has got to be the best way humanity has yet found to die. . .

I am pretty sure I would have died of a stroke well before they got to crush depth if you packed me in that thing with 4 other people.

Had a doctor tell me that a ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm is medically one of the best ways to go. Some shoulder and back pain for about the 60-90 seconds it takes you to bleed to death internally and that is often it.

What about the other shuttle?

Yeah, I may have gotten the names mixed up, the first one was hit by a piece of ice upon launch that broke off the booster damaging the leading edge protection that kept it from burning up, then the wing burned up where damaged on reentry killing all aboard, that's the one I was thinking of.

The photo posted above was from the other one where engineers warned not to launch in too cold of a weather because the o-ring seals might be too stiff to seal but the launch director poo-pooed it and on the way up, the seal burst and the booster exploded, throwing capsule and all ejected from the craft.

If those people weren't killed or lost consciousness in the initial explosion, yes, it is possible they may have still been alive or awake until hitting the ocean. Too bad there wasn't some sort of emergency ejector system with parachutes.

Yeah, I may have gotten the names mixed up, the first one was hit by a piece of ice upon launch that broke off the booster damaging the leading edge protection that kept it from burning up, then the wing burned up where damaged on reentry killing all aboard, that's the one I was thinking of.

The photo posted above was from the other one where engineers warned not to launch in too cold of a weather because the o-ring seals might be too stiff to seal but the launch director poo-pooed it and on the way up, the seal burst and the booster exploded, throwing capsule and all ejected from the craft.

If those people weren't killed or lost consciousness in the initial explosion, yes, it is possible they may have still been alive or awake until hitting the ocean. Too bad there wasn't some sort of emergency ejector system with parachutes.

I'd just read somewhere that they likely survived until impact.
I guess with all the concern over weight they wouldnt have used the good old fashioned parachute like in the past.

Forum List

Back