Here’s How America Uses Its Land

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
f6JhJx3Evv2QMayAn3CJrur88jr5m20NXeVHdTDukJiMd968ExrLjaInaKKWBNbes2Oeo40sYScE6edvSbtI1xUdGOzW_M-SG8XnDwa7tEf4yjy2nXneoogBQhvUAnFem4DTNiO4MdI=w663-h348-p

I found this on Google+ this morning and it has a series of interactive maps that end up with the one above. Pretty interesting. As it’s Bloomberg, you need to disable your adblocker to enter it @ Here's How America Uses Its Land

Good stuff. Thanks for the link and the map.

We need to get rid of the ethanol scam ASAP, as well as the feed and wheat exports.

The 'largest landowners' thing in Texas is about right; most of it is desert and takes 8 times as much land to sustain livestock or foodstuffs as land east of the Big Muddy. Cow pasture is also excessive, though I don't know what else one could do with it, except reduce the ag subsidies for Big Ag's livestock operations and those for the 'gentlemen farmers' who think being 'small' entitles them to fat subsidies for sustaining their 'country squire' lifestyles. Those dumbass squatters and deadbeats the right wing is so fond of come to mind here, I forget their names, the ones who thought they were entitled to graze their cattle for free and one or two of them ended up pulling a gun on a police officer and winning yet another Darwin Award.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back