Here comes the history revision

two words come to mind that completely refute this statement....'Shock and Awe'

Give me a break that was cute catch phrase, but in reality the bombing was quite precise, what more could we have done to reduce deaths, while at the same time assuring the safety of our soldiers ?

Originally posted by modman
I'm sure I remember a few key members of our government not supporting and not voting to go to war. I think what you meant to say was they shared some kind of intelligence, some made statements, and some came to the same conclusion. I'm sorry but you are stretching.

Are you telling me that there weren't any democrats that were privy to the original intel via security meetings? That those that voted did so based solely on hand fed evidence?

The vote passed in both the house AND senate by an overwhelming majority.

77-23 in Senate 296-133 in the House.

JimmyC, you're allowing the facts to get in his way. Shame on you!

I have yet to see any of the anti-war/anti-Bush (often one in the same) people say that the Democrats who voted for the war as well as anyone else who claimed that Iraq was a threat were also liars. It's just "Bush lied, Iraq never had WMD, blah blah blah!"

Bush didn't lie. What's going on with intel is another matter altogether, but the problem began long before GW or even blow job Bill. A good measure of the blame can be left at the feet of the French looking, Jewish heritage, war hero, momentum bearing John Kerry.

Forum List

Back