Here Comes The Clay Pigeon?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NTA3Mzg4YWZkMzliODI3MWQwMjM0Y2UwYTgwMDdiODg=

2. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,103
    Ah yes, our elected officials working hard to legitimize their gross failures. Rather than enforce laws that have been on the books for decades, they turned their heads and looked the other way, ignoring the voice of the people who elected them, until such a time that the situation is percieved to be impossible to manage. Twenty years ago Reagan granted amnesty to millions of illegal aliens, we were told then that things would be different, laws would be enforced. Bush did nothing, Clinton did nothing, now Bush is doing even less to enforce our laws and secure our borders. I can hardly wait to see what happens in another twenty years.

Lie to me! Lie to me!

Impeach Congress!

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    More should be coming.

4. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,103
    They'll keep coming because they know that all they have to do is avoid an already overworked and understaffed immigration and legal system for a few years and they will get a free pass to becoming a citizen in one of the greatest countries on the planet. No other country handles their immigration the way we do. None.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    No, it's worse than that. They make our cynicism look like belief:

Right now:

http://michellemalkin.com/2007/06/26/shamnesty-on-the-senate-floor-afternoon-edition/

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZDU1MDkzNTZkNjg0YjU0ZWE0Yjg2ZWEyZWIwNmYwNTM=

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,103
    Don't you just love the way they represent us? I'd like to be able to say that I don't believe this is happening, but I know better. Now we just wait and watch.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    and more:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NWQxNDI4ZmJlYTczZjg3MmJkZDQxN2RhM2FkYmZjNmY=

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Here it is, 373 pages:

http://michellemalkin.com/2007/06/26/shamnesty-document-drop-the-clay-pigeon-amendment/

9. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    We should not just wait and watch. That's what the pro amnesty forces are hoping for. The only thing that would get the attention of our representatives in Washington would be a gigantic anti illegal immigration protest march. No amount of blogging or individual emails to complain will cut it. Such stuff will be ignored. If we wait to vote the pro amnesty people out of office, it will be too late. However, if hundreds of thousands (maybe more would be needed) of people show up in Washington to protest amnesty and the protection of business interests looking for cheap exploitable labor, then there might be some chance of blocking Bush-Kennedy-McCain illegal alien amnesty. Our representatives in Washington need to understand that we want border security and our current laws enforced. We will have to show up in Washington to tell them so. After the drive for illegal alien amnesty fails, then we can vote our representatives out of office for not listening to us in the first place.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407