Herd Native Americans into Detroit, throw corn over the fence

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Where the hell do y'all find these people!?

Michigan GOP official: ?Herd all the Indians? to Detroit, build a fence and throw in corn | The Raw Story

Paige Williams: The Suburban Kingpin Who Is Thriving off Detroit’s Decline : The New Yorker will bring you to the PDF for the actual article in the New Yorker, for all of you who are gonna sneer "Raw Story? Really??"

“I made a prediction a long time ago, and it’s come to pass. I said, ‘What we’re gonna do is turn Detroit into an Indian reservation, where we herd all the Indians into the city, build a fence around it, and then throw in the blankets and the corn.’”

After Detroit officials and activists reacted with outrage, Patterson’s office released a statement accusing The New Yorker of having an “agenda.”

“It is clear Paige Williams had an agenda when she interviewed County Executive Patterson,” the statement said. “She cast him in a false light in order to fit her preconceived and outdated notions about the region.”

Activists with Reverend Al Sharpton’s National Action Network had planned a news conference on Tuesday to call for Patterson to apologize.

National Action Network’s Michigan chapter president Rev. Charles Williams II said that the comments were “repulsive” because they were an insult to the city’s African-American population and “a direct slight to the American Indians who occupied the land before Detroit was Detroit, and Oakland County.”

In recent years, Patterson has also come under fire for comparing Michigan House Speaker Jase Bolger to Hitler and for suggesting that Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano kill himself.

How do insane people get elected. I really don't get it. Do they just do sane long enough to win, and then all bets are off? Seriously, wtf.

Michigan GOP official: ?Herd all the Indians? to Detroit, build a fence and throw in corn | The Raw Story

Paige Williams: The Suburban Kingpin Who Is Thriving off Detroit’s Decline : The New Yorker will bring you to the PDF for the actual article in the New Yorker, for all of you who are gonna sneer "Raw Story? Really??"

“I made a prediction a long time ago, and it’s come to pass. I said, ‘What we’re gonna do is turn Detroit into an Indian reservation, where we herd all the Indians into the city, build a fence around it, and then throw in the blankets and the corn.’”

After Detroit officials and activists reacted with outrage, Patterson’s office released a statement accusing The New Yorker of having an “agenda.”

“It is clear Paige Williams had an agenda when she interviewed County Executive Patterson,” the statement said. “She cast him in a false light in order to fit her preconceived and outdated notions about the region.”

Activists with Reverend Al Sharpton’s National Action Network had planned a news conference on Tuesday to call for Patterson to apologize.

National Action Network’s Michigan chapter president Rev. Charles Williams II said that the comments were “repulsive” because they were an insult to the city’s African-American population and “a direct slight to the American Indians who occupied the land before Detroit was Detroit, and Oakland County.”

In recent years, Patterson has also come under fire for comparing Michigan House Speaker Jase Bolger to Hitler and for suggesting that Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano kill himself.

How do insane people get elected. I really don't get it. Do they just do sane long enough to win, and then all bets are off? Seriously, wtf.

Detroit has featured in several docos on my tv recently.
Not so nice a place these days...but people are trying to demolish all the houses etc that are in ruin and make the city look better.
Govt apparently intends to turn Detroit into urban farms eventually.

Not so nice a place these days...but people are trying to demolish all the houses etc that are in ruin and make the city look better.

If they had the money to demolish everything, then developers would come in and invest. The problem has not only been a lack of funding but it also has proven impossible to force everyone out of these defunct neighborhoods.

I have always been for building a fence. Actually a wall. But I want to keep them all in.

If they had the money to demolish everything, then developers would come in and invest. The problem has not only been a lack of funding but it also has proven impossible to force everyone out of these defunct neighborhoods.

No, no they wouldn't. Rampant government corruption has chased everyone away who produces anything in that poor city. Now you're left with scumbags like the Hardcore Pawn family.

Forum List

Back