Help

Could you guys fix this? When I touch the like button, it brings up all the choices for a split second and then they are gone. All I have is the like option. Help meeeee...........

What occur if you do not touch the like button but just hold your cursor over it? If you do that ALL the options appear and then you touch/click on the option you want. Yes?

Could you guys fix this? When I touch the like button, it brings up all the choices for a split second and then they are gone. All I have is the like option. Help meeeee...........

But actually, Irish... it stays on as long as you hover over "like" and then scoot over to the one you want.

It's a two step process, first, cursor placed on the blue like, the emoticon options will appear. Then you move the cursor up slightly within the choices and choose the one you want.

Could you guys fix this? When I touch the like button, it brings up all the choices for a split second and then they are gone. All I have is the like option. I can't bitchslap anybody! Help meeeee...........
Put simply, Ram, if you want to Like someone, just click the LIKE.
If you MOUSE OVER the LIKE button, all the other choices will appear. Then just click one of those.

That is in contrast to the ALERT Bell, which now you have to click on to open, whereas in the old software, you just moused over to open.

The world is getting so complicated . . .

But actually, Irish... it stays on as long as you hover over "like" and then scoot over to the one you want.
My wife's not too computer-savvy on mouse-scrolling and copy and pasting things etc,
but her fast typing speed makes me look bad so it balances out.

If you MOUSE OVER the LIKE button, all the other choices will appear. Then just click one of those

I hover, and nothing happens. Sometimes if I tap the like button the others flash for a split second and then disappear. They worked for awhile, then quit working. Is there any way admin can fix it?
It's possibly browser-specific. Works fine for me..except the STFU button, I don't see that. :(

Need to know browser, OS, last java update.

On a phone/tablet or computer?

Last edited:
If you MOUSE OVER the LIKE button, all the other choices will appear. Then just click one of those

I hover, and nothing happens. Sometimes if I tap the like button the others flash for a split second and then disappear. They worked for awhile, then quit working. Is there any way admin can fix it?
Hard to say. I think Xenforo is kinda shut down right now with the virus for the Admin. to get many answers. ITMT, you might change your mouse, try rebooting your computer, clearing cookies and trying a different browser. I generally use Firefox 75.0 with no problems other than a very twerky spell checker that you have to fiddle with.

Hard to say. I think Xenforo is kinda shut down right now with the virus for the Admin. to get many answers. ITMT, you might change your mouse, try rebooting your computer, clearing cookies and trying a different browser. I generally use Firefox 75.0 with no problems other than a very twerky spell checker that you have to fiddle with.
I've noticed the spellchecker is NOT very good.

I've noticed the spellchecker is NOT very good.
I have a very hard time seeing the misspelled red underline (my eyes aren't great). The spell-check kinda works, then stops, then it underlines everything after my correcting a word for no apparent reason. It misses obvious typos. Usually, hitting the RETURN on a line gets it to spell check the post or at least the paragraph. Almost always, after quickly looking it over myself, looking for red highlights and hitting SEND, I'll find typos anyway, so I usually post, then go back to EDIT 2-3 times until both me and the checker stop finding new missed errors. Usually when you EDIT and go back, it'll then spell-check correctly things it not catch the first time. I'm not buying that it is MY computer. Same computer I was using before that ALL OTHER apps in my computer in two OSs run spellchecker JUST FINE in what is a Mac Pro professional computer running El Capitan.

Forum List

Back