Help!!

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Can anyone suggest how to fix my email so that I may email directly from a link instead of having to put the address into my address book??

Im not sure what I did to make this go flooey in the first place. But I have Excite mail and Internet Explorer.

like when you are on a web page that says mail me and you click on it and it brings up your email?

Johnney said:
like when you are on a web page that says mail me and you click on it and it brings up your email?

for example, im on website that has a link to an email address, for some reason I can't click on the link and just send one....I need to put the address in my address book then send one. It's weird, I have never had this problem before, and I think I must have set up my outgoing mail program the wrong way??

Bonnie said:
for example, im on website that has a link to an email address, for some reason I can't click on the link and just send one....I need to put the address in my address book then send one. It's weird, I have never had this problem before, and I think I must have set up my outgoing mail program the wrong way??

Which program are you using for e-mail? Excite is a service not a program. Are you using Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.?

no1tovote4 said:
Which program are you using for e-mail? Excite is a service not a program. Are you using Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.?
I have Outlook Express and Hotmail options, I would like to use OE, but evertime I attempt to when I hit the send button I get error messages, so I have to think that I have it configured wrong?

Ok, let's get to the basics. If I'm reading this correctly you would like to click on an email address on a webpage and have it open Outlook Express automatically and include the recipients address?

If so, what browser? Internet Explorer?

Go to TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, PROGRAMS TAB and then go to the section for email and make sure that Outlook Express is the specified default program.

This would fix the case of the program not opening or the wrong program opening.

If your problem is that the email opens but you get errors when sending it is likely settings you have specified incorrectly. If this is the case, PM me this info:

your email address
POP server
SMTP server

Or am I just way off base here?

jimnyc said:
Ok, let's get to the basics. If I'm reading this correctly you would like to click on an email address on a webpage and have it open Outlook Express automatically and include the recipients address?

If so, what browser? Internet Explorer?

Go to TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, PROGRAMS TAB and then go to the section for email and make sure that Outlook Express is the specified default program.

This would fix the case of the program not opening or the wrong program opening.

If your problem is that the email opens but you get errors when sending it is likely settings you have specified incorrectly. If this is the case, PM me this info:

your email address
POP server
SMTP server

Or am I just way off base here?

Internet Explorer is what I use

I did that and Outlook Express is designated. I will Pm the rest.

Forum List

Back