Hello. My name is Immanuel and I am a...

Immanuel

Gold Member
May 15, 2007
... recovering Bush Supporter.

You must all forgive me but I threw my support in for George W. Bush not just once, but twice. I have come to the realization that Mr. Bush is no better than any of the other corrupt politicians in our national government. In fact, I am certain there are one or two out there that are not corrupt and maybe someday I will be able to pick one out of the crowd. I'm not holding my breath though.

The Republican Party has lost my support. The Democrats have not had it in twenty years and they won't get it this time around either. In fact, I'm likely to vote "None of the Above" this time around. I'm so looking forward to next year's campaign! About as much as I look forward to an absessed tooth. Good Lord, is it over yet?

Some of you know me from other sites. I've been a bit scarce lately, simply because politics has been bringing me down. I'm sick of the arrogance that politicians display. I think we should round up all the politicians in Washington and send them packing back to their home towns with a message that says, "Don't call us... we'll call you."

I'm conservative but I have a heart. Maybe that is why I liked GWB so much? I thought he was a compassionate conservative like me. Okay, well, I was a blind compassionate conservative at the time, but such is life. Of course, it took me a while to realize that GWB had screwed up the war on terrorism so bad that if we come out of it with half the face we left Viet Nam with, we will be damned lucky. How can one man screw up a war with such superior forces so completely? Never mind, don't answer that question.

Oh, but even though I am a recovering Bush Supporter, just in case you have any questions regarding my progress, I still would not vote for John Kerry. Arrogance is not my cup of tea.

I also go by the name Immie. In fact, I have bad habit of signing my posts,

Immie

welcome old friend. We go back a long ways. I have always valued and admired your character and your wisdom. Glad to see you again!

You must all forgive me but I threw my support in for George W. Bush not just once, but twice. I have come to the realization that Mr. Bush is no better than any of the other corrupt politicians in our national government. In fact, I am certain there are one or two out there that are not corrupt and maybe someday I will be able to pick one out of the crowd. I'm not holding my breath though.

The Republican Party has lost my support. The Democrats have not had it in twenty years and they won't get it this time around either. In fact, I'm likely to vote "None of the Above" this time around. I'm so looking forward to next year's campaign! About as much as I look forward to an absessed tooth. Good Lord, is it over yet?

Some of you know me from other sites. I've been a bit scarce lately, simply because politics has been bringing me down. I'm sick of the arrogance that politicians display. I think we should round up all the politicians in Washington and send them packing back to their home towns with a message that says, "Don't call us... we'll call you."

I'm conservative but I have a heart. Maybe that is why I liked GWB so much? I thought he was a compassionate conservative like me. Okay, well, I was a blind compassionate conservative at the time, but such is life. Of course, it took me a while to realize that GWB had screwed up the war on terrorism so bad that if we come out of it with half the face we left Viet Nam with, we will be damned lucky. How can one man screw up a war with such superior forces so completely? Never mind, don't answer that question.

Oh, but even though I am a recovering Bush Supporter, just in case you have any questions regarding my progress, I still would not vote for John Kerry. Arrogance is not my cup of tea.

Immie

G'day Immie.

Immie

Well, I hope you brought your body armor...if you don't have any, see maineman, he will lend you his.

That's a good thing because I'm stingy; I dont share ammo, chow, or mail....everything else is negotiable.

ever since my heart attack, my wife has been designing some menus that contain some pretty funky stuff (e.g.tofu) so I am now quite prone to share chow!

Immie can borrow anything he needs from me too! :)

He's my sparring partner! Stubborn as hell, yet in the end, usually fair!

And of course you can't knock his good soul!

:D

hey...I'll trade ya some stirfried tofu and red peppers for a ribeye when my wife's not looking!

Well, if I can ever get my boat up to Portland, I'll have you down for "Pagan Meat Day". It's an event my boys thought up (Army guys sometimes have too much time on their hands). All the meat you can eat, no veggies (except corn on the cob), no utensils and damn few napkins.... eat until you burst and tell war stories in between bites. The boys have a beer or two and I try not to fall asleep. It's a lot of fun!

Well, I hope you brought your body armor...if you don't have any, see maineman, he will lend you his.

Body armor? Will I really need it? I was warned that this board would have liked the old me much better than the new and that I should be prepared for..., well, the impression I was given anyway... was that I should be prepared for a neocon assault if I spoke about my current feelings about our President.

I truly hope I won't really need the body armor and if it is all the same to you, Maine, if you have any extra please send it to our boys men in Iraq. Lord knows they need it more than I do. At least if the bombardment got too heavy for me, I could just click the little red square in the upper right hand corner of this screen with the white X and, unlike our men and women fighting for my freedoms turn you all off.

Immie

I don't have any body armor, but my office sends em a big care package nearly every week! Church too!

I prefer the tofu and red peppers. lol... you can have my steaks. ;)

oh...and welcome aboard, immie.

He's on a diet imposed by his wife. You don't want to get him in trouble with her. Do you? Send the steaks to me. :) It will be a sacrifice but I will eat them for him.

Maine, I'll be sure to let you know how good each and every bite tastes. I'll be doing you a big favor. Honest!

Immie

New Topics

Forum List

Back