Hello! Introducing myself: Been toying with the idea to start a REAL 3rd Party - AMP

Yes, I have been toying with this idea of creating a REAL 3rd Party - AMP - The American Meritocracy Party.

Based on the John Smith Leadership of the ill-fated Virginia colony back in the 1600's.

John Smith told everyone - you work, you eat. You get sick/disabled - can't work we will help you. If you won't work because you are a pos grifter - you don't eat.

Guess what? The lazy grifters decided to work so they could eat.

More details as we go along - I have them - don't want to blast everyone during an intro.

Please reply

Sincerely,

AMP
The Road to Perdition Is Patrician

Inherit is the exact opposite of merit. So your party is inconsistent if it doesn't get rid of birth privileges. We won't be a free country until pre-ordained mediocrities like the Kennedys and Bushes get cut off by law at age 18 and wind up becoming bartenders.

Too bad. He's the first Englishman I've liked since Winston Churchhill, Tony Blair and of course, the great Margaret Thatcher.
Little Stevie Winwood seems to be a really likeable fellar...

Yes, I have been toying with this idea of creating a REAL 3rd Party - AMP - The American Meritocracy Party.

Based on the John Smith Leadership of the ill-fated Virginia colony back in the 1600's.

John Smith told everyone - you work, you eat. You get sick/disabled - can't work we will help you. If you won't work because you are a pos grifter - you don't eat.

More details as we go along - I have them - don't want to blast everyone during an intro.

Please reply

Sincerely,

AMP
Welcome to USMB AM! I appreciate your style of thought working from the bottom up. That is how things get accomplished without federal hold-ups when committed communities come together, as in county wide efforts. When different counties come together (all started by only a few concerned citizens) and work on a city-to city basis across the state border bigger things can happen, including startup political groups that can spread across state lines.

Regional governments throughout the nation… now there’s a political grouping that needs a little more watering. When state voters view their border states as an extension of their own state, connecting state projects being jointly funded pop up like dominos.

Just throwing out a few ideas to see where you stand: American states need to move away from the idea that the national government should be used as a catch-all. It’s sinking due to lack of responsibility, passing the buck… one administration after another. The federal level (which can easily be argued is a broken entity) will exhaust its means of rapidly printing money and constant finagling (with consistent psychological manipulation by Federal Reserve mouthpieces that is bizarre imo) with interest rates during rapid inflation….will without question fizzle out. States need to get more proactive and be ready for this transition!

Your 3rd party idea has many potential members. It sounds like you’ve given it a bit of thought. There used to be over 200 registered US third-party platforms, and now around 100 or more. Unity wouldn’t hurt finding a common thread.

I look forward to reading your posts and sharing a few ideas:)

You sound like a Libertarian or Tea Party type. Just a spinoff of Republicans. Lots is wrong with the GOP. LOTS.

Like we need another mediocre party.
For all the flaws that the republican party have-----the dems always manage to make them look like the SANER less corrupt of the two parties by FARRRRRRRRRRRR and AWWWWWWWWay..

Most libertarians lean LEFT (support of drugs-or should I say freedom to do drugs and other things).

For all the flaws that the republican party have-----the dems always manage to make them look like the SANER less corrupt of the two parties by FARRRRRRRRRRRR and AWWWWWWWWay..

Most libertarians lean LEFT (support of drugs-or should I say freedom to do drugs and other things).
I’ve been trying to step away from the “libertarian conversations” that tend to run amok or awry on this message board. So much for my short-term effort as I feel compelled to share- I have a strong feeling there are a lot more right-leaning libertarians than most people reference.

Right leaning versus left leaning fall along the X axis on the Nolan Chart, dependent upon individual preferences about safety, rights, laws, whereas authoritarian versus libertarian span across the Y axis, also placing you according to your specific answers. A voter can find themselves all over the Nolan Chart.

For example, I fall on the bottom right quadrant, a right leaning libertarian (not to be confused with the big L or official Libertarian Party). For many years I referred to myself as an independent and a constitutionalist until taking several online tests all indicating a similar right-leaning (but relatively close to center) libertarian result.

If anyone is interested in checking out how their political views align on paper, this is a great site- no cost, no download, no email required.

Last edited:
I’ve been trying to step away from the “libertarian conversations” that tend to run amok or awry on this message board. So much for my short-term effort as I feel compelled to share- I have a strong feeling there are a lot more right-leaning libertarians than most people reference.

Right leaning versus left leaning fall along the X axis on the Nolan Chart, dependent upon individual preferences about safety, rights, laws, whereas authoritarian versus libertarian span across the Y axis, also placing you according to your specific answers. A voter can find themselves all over the Nolan Chart.

For example, I fall on the bottom right quadrant, a right leaning libertarian (not to be confused with the big L or official Libertarian Party). For many years I referred to myself as an independent and a constitutionalist until taking several online tests all indicating a similar right-leaning (but relatively close to center) libertarian result.

If anyone is interested in checking out how their political views align on paper, this is a great site- no cost, no download, no email required.

1643929246691.png

Center man

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Please reply

Sincerely,

AMP
Welcome to USMB, Meritocracy. Hope you enjoy the boards and don't impinge to harshly on our Democratic Republic.

Forum List

Back