Hello From The Left Coast.

Hi, I just joined the site and wanted to introduce myself around.

I live in Sausalito California (Congress Woman Lynn Woolsey Rocks!!) and I am a proud Progessive Democrat.

My family is from Arkansas (I can say I actually have a picture of Great-Great Grandparents) and my Dad worked as a speech writer for Jimmy Carter.

I am a veteran of the Viet Nam War and later served at the Pentagon.

I'm married, we have three cats.

If you have any questions, please ask. I don't bite.

Oh, good lord, not another lefty, but welcome anyway and please when you make a statement back it up with some facts and some links, pretty please. The lefty's have a very difficult time doing that, hopefully you are different.

I've noticed that righties love to jump on the attacks right away. It seems that they cannot help themselves, must the kool-aid they like to drink

Maybe you oughta look a little closer, and drink less of it yourself.

I love progressives, they always think they know more than everyone else and without fail make themselves look completely clueless. :lol:

Welcome Traveler...from a proud Liberal

Please share any info you have on Zbigniew Brzezinski, the man always impressed me as extremely intelligent...

"Eighty percent of Republicans are just Democrats that don't know what's going on"
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Damn! There goes the neighborhood....

Oh! Sorry. Didn't realize you were still here.

Uumm, errr, welcome.

Sausalito, isn't that Spanish for Spam Lite?
(Spam, the other fake food).

What part of Norther Virginia? Sausalito is many things, but it is NOT light on anything. Kinda proud of that.

The area that's in the northern part of Virginia, just south of Maryland, west of the snake pit, DC and east of inbred, errr, West Virginia, the yankee occupied part of Virginia. Of course Sausalito could translate to 'little drunk', uuummmmm.

Last edited:
Damn! There goes the neighborhood....

Oh! Sorry. Didn't realize you were still here.

Uumm, errr, welcome.

Sausalito, isn't that Spanish for Spam Lite?
(Spam, the other fake food).

What part of Norther Virginia? Sausalito is many things, but it is NOT light on anything. Kinda proud of that.

The area that's in the northern part of Virginia, just south of Maryland, west of the snake pit, DC and east of inbred, errr, West Virginia, the yankee occupied part of Virginia. Of course Sausalito could translate to 'little drunk', uuummmmm.

Wouldn't know, haven't seen to many drunks here. It was (in the late 40's and well into the 1950's) known as an artists colony.

I live in Sausalito California (Congress Woman Lynn Woolsey Rocks!!) and I am a proud Progessive Democrat.

My family is from Arkansas (I can say I actually have a picture of Great-Great Grandparents) and my Dad worked as a speech writer for Jimmy Carter.

Isn't "Progressive" just the new buzzword for democrats?
It doesn't really mean anything other than democrat, does it?

Want to play buzzword bingo?

P.S.
Welcome to the board.

Progressive is the new code word for Communist.

Progressive is the new buzzword for the far left only, not all Dems. It's a "more user friendly" designation because the term liberal had developed such a negative connotation among all conservatives and, more importantly, with many independents in this country. It's a titular shell game.

I am chosen to rebel against the label of being progressive, I am proud of my liberal beliefs.:razz:

Amen to that. Very Proud the a Progressive Liberal Democrat.

What exactly do repugs have to proud of???????

Proud that I am not a liar like many progressives.....

I am proud of my country unlike progressives are unless they have their party in power.

I am proud of my military service and dont have to make one up.

I am proud of my party for finally realizing that the serve the people not the other way around.

I am proud that I didn't vote for any of these communists controlling DC until 2010.

I am chosen to rebel against the label of being progressive, I am proud of my liberal beliefs.:razz:

Amen to that. Very Proud the a Progressive Liberal Democrat.

What exactly do repugs have to proud of???????

Proud that I am not a liar like many progressives.....

I am proud of my country unlike progressives are unless they have their party in power.

I am proud of my military service and dont have to make one up.

I am proud of my party for finally realizing that the serve the people not the other way around.

I am proud that I didn't vote for any of these communists controlling DC until 2010.

I served my country as well. I served in the U.S. Army for Six (06) Years One (01) Month and Three (03) days, YOU DO NOT OWN THE FLAG.

I am proud of my country, but I am not proud of the fact that America invaded a country that was NOT a threat. A war based on lies is NOT something to be proud of.

I AM NOT A COMMUNIST.

So when bushie LIED our country into a war, your proud of that?

So when bushie LIED about Weapons of Mass Destruction, your proud of that?

So when bushied LIED about Saddam "Attempting" to purchase "Yellow Cake Uranium" your proud of that?

You believed a LIAR, ARE YOUR PROUD OF THAT????

Oh, good lord, not another lefty, but welcome anyway and please when you make a statement back it up with some facts and some links, pretty please. The lefty's have a very difficult time doing that, hopefully you are different.

Welcome, Traveler. Get used to that kind of stuff ^ too.

"Another" lefty? Puleeze. The right outnumbers the left by 3-1 on this board, easily. Sometimes I feel like a voice in the wilderness. If you want a message board dedicated to your right-wing debates, there are plenty to choose from. Otherwise, deal with it when you come here.

Last edited:
Isn't "Progressive" just the new buzzword for democrats?
It doesn't really mean anything other than democrat, does it?

Want to play buzzword bingo?

P.S.
Welcome to the board.

Progressive is the new buzzword for the far left only, not all Dems. It's a "more user friendly" designation because the term liberal had developed such a negative connotation among all conservatives and, more importantly, with many independents in this country. It's a titular shell game.

OK, got it.
The regular liberals are "Regressive" instead of "Progressive".
Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

I'm old school and still call everyone either a Republican or a Democrat based on which party is in power in Washington. How individuals further define themselves is irrelevant, since they can't actually vote for a "progressive" or a "tea partier."

asaratis said:
Much like the changing of "global warming" when they finally realized it's not anything out of the ordinary...or dropping use of the term "war on terrorism" in favor of something less offensive to our enemies, the terrorists.

The word game is the liberal's idea of presenting something "new and improved" without revealing the fact that it is just the same snake oil they've been selling for decades.

Big government...big taxes...obedient, uninformed voters...what more could liberal leeches ask for?

Out of the liberal lot comes more lies than not. If the numbers don't back up what they claim, they just change the numbers.

Liberalism (progressive or not) is a mental disorder.

Yes, "global warming" became the misnomer only because too many people equated the term with climate variations, and they still do. Even this past week when the temperatures have dropped dramatically in the South, there are still those who clamor that because of that, we couldn't possibly be experiencing global "warming," when in fact it's fucking hotter than usual SOMEWHERE ELSE.

"Obedient, uninformed voters..." Oh, good one. Short memory there, fella.

Changing numbers when they don't fit the debate? Hmmm, checked recently how much the actual costs are for the mandated, but unfunded Prescription drug bill which was intentionally understated by the Republicans in order to get it passed?

Hypocrisy is thy middle name. You should always re-read what you post if I'm around if you intend to make observations that can be so easily challenged.

I've noticed that righties love to jump on the attacks right away. It seems that they cannot help themselves, must the kool-aid they like to drink

Maybe you oughta look a little closer, and drink less of it yourself.

I love progressives, they always think they know more than everyone else and without fail make themselves look completely clueless. :lol:

More hypocrisy, CG. You surprise me.

Welcome Traveler...from a proud Liberal

Please share any info you have on Zbigniew Brzezinski, the man always impressed me as extremely intelligent...

"Eighty percent of Republicans are just Democrats that don't know what's going on"
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Indeed he is. You'll find me glued to the television whenever Brzeniski or Richard Haas are guesting somewhere. They are brilliant foreign relations analysts.

Forum List

Back