Heart and Soul, Military and Religion demand it.

dilloduck said:
You think they might be constantly evaluating the situation but for some strange reason they don't feel a need to tell the whole world what the plan is?

Progress tells us if the plan is working. Yes, we got al-zarquawi, but insurgencies still continue and will continue for a long time. And Rumsfeld doesn't have the best track record.

liberalogic said:
Progress tells us if the plan is working. Yes, we got al-zarquawi, but insurgencies still continue and will continue for a long time. And Rumsfeld doesn't have the best track record.

Insurgency - terrorism = can't be stopped as long as they are willing to forfeit their own lives for their cause. It would be the same in this country or any other. There's no way to stop it, so the demand for a "stop" plan is unrealistic.

The best we can hope for is to get the Govenment of Iraq up and running strong and a military to support it. Then, their internal problems are their's and we should leave.

GunnyL said:
Insurgency - terrorism = can't be stopped as long as they are willing to forfeit their own lives for their cause. It would be the same in this country or any other. There's no way to stop it, so the demand for a "stop" plan is unrealistic.

The best we can hope for is to get the Govenment of Iraq up and running strong and a military to support it. Then, their internal problems are their's and we should leave.

So how have we gained substantial ground in our war on terrorism? Does a free Iraq eliminate the threat of al Qaeda?

liberalogic said:
So how have we gained substantial ground in our war on terrorism? Does a free Iraq eliminate the threat of al Qaeda?

A free Iraq eliminates the threat of Saddam Hussein, and our 13 years of tying up substantial military assets babysitting his borders.

Nothing is going to eliminate the threat of AQ. Best we can hope for is to minimize it. Another democracy in the ME places further limitations on where AQ can operate from.

Gunny, you just sound like a Rush listener and a FoxNews watcher. Both are really and fairly impaired in their views as you are.

Do you reject me because I am also a Veteran? Do you reject me because I have acquired a disability within my voluntary fighting in Viet Nam, Grenada, Panama and Iraq? Do you reject me even though I don't claim or receive a single cent from the VA or any other portion of the United States Government for the aforementioned disability? Do you reject me for my very American political views just because YOU don't agree?

I thinketh you a blind believer, Gunny. You are entitled to that as are all the rest of the more ignorant in this American society. America offered and gave me a very good education in very public schools (property taxes paid by my parents considered) and a very straightforward military career. I sincerely LOVE America and the American promises and dreams that the politicians like to talk about. I've learned that the Republicans talk alot with little action benefitting the Society while Democrats also talk a lot and do their level best to protect and benefit Society.

I've flip flopped in my political persuasions for sure during my voting years and may again. Right now, the Republicans are WRONG and I think most of them, including the pResident, should be in JAIL.

You just can't get more criminal than declaring WAR on a country with a knowingly false premise. But, we'll let the courts and congress of the future work all that out. In the meantime, I'll be working to register and represent voters that for whatever reason have been disinclined to actually cast votes.

Psychoblues

GunnyL said:
I don't reject your presumed education. I reject you, period. And just for your info, I don't listen to Rush, and rarely watch Fox News. Yet another incorrect assumption on your part.

Psychoblues said:
Gunny, you just sound like a Rush listener and a FoxNews watcher. Both are really and fairly impaired in their views as you are.

Do you reject me because I am also a Veteran? Do you reject me because I have acquired a disability within my voluntary fighting in Viet Nam, Grenada, Panama and Iraq? Do you reject me even though I don't claim or receive a single cent from the VA or any other portion of the United States Government for the aforementioned disability? Do you reject me for my very American political views just because YOU don't agree?

Gunny rejects you because you are irrational....among other things...as do I. Your statement about disability and not receiving compensation or care is a real indicator that your disability was not caused by Viet Nam, Grenada, Panama or Iraq.

I thinketh you a blind believer, Gunny. You are entitled to that as are all the rest of the more ignorant in this American society. Guess what, folks in the United States can believe anything they want, educated, ignorant, sane or crazy. There is nothing in the Constitution that sets you up as the judge or approving authority. I gather from this statement that the more intelligent in this country couldn't possibly be "blind believers". America offered and gave me a very good education in very public schools (property taxes paid by my parents considered) and a very straightforward military career. I sincerely LOVE America and the American promises and dreams that the politicians like to talk about. I've learned that the Republicans talk alot with little action benefitting the Society while Democrats also talk a lot and do their level best to protect and benefit Society. So you have all the advantages and freedoms that everyone else has/had...good for you. Your education is sorely lacking however if you really believe that the Dems do their "level best" and repubs do not.
I've flip flopped in my political persuasions for sure during my voting years and may again. Well, so much for what you have learned.Right now, the Republicans are WRONG and I think most of them, including the pResident, should be in JAIL. Maybe they belong in the same treatment facility you are in.
You just can't get more criminal than declaring WAR on a country with a knowingly false premise. Sure you can, you just have tried hard enough. But, we'll let the courts and congress of the future work all that out. This is the sanest thing you have made in any of your posts. In the meantime, I'll be working to register and represent voters that for whatever reason have been disinclined to actually cast votes. So you are going tovote for them...how nice...and how very Democratic!
Psychoblues

One VietNam vet (or Iraq war vet if you like) to another...STFU....you are making an ass of yourself.

CSM, you've got it all wrong, wrong and wrong again. You are making assumptions and making statements that you must know that you can't back up. Give it all another try and this time make it comprehensive and credible.

One Vet to another, YOU are making an ASS of YOURSELF.

Psychoblues

CSM said:
One VietNam vet (or Iraq war vet if you like) to another...STFU....you are making an ass of yourself.

Forum List

Back