Hear POTUS Speak Spanish Today

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
Campaigning in California today, President Obama will be speaking Spanish for the benefit of Hispanic voters. (I heard this on CNN just now; will find linkiepoo ASAP.) Evidentially, Obama has already recorded ads for California in Spanish to run on Spanish TV out there.

Obama ads courts Hispanic vote – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

I found this as I was googling.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZprtPat1Vk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZprtPat1Vk[/ame]

Now, in fairness, he does say our kids should speak more than one language and no one is going to argue that'd be a bad thing (though he fails to explain why Spanish must always be that second language). But he begins by saying "I don't understand people who say Americans should speak English." Really, Mr. President?

Anyone suspect he is pandering to the illegal alien sympathizers among us? I certainly do.

This is a ginormous error; whilst on US soil, the President should always speak English. I would not object to an interpretator, etc. but to hear him suggest "one language is as good as another"?

NO.

Nothing is lost by people communicating. That is not the same as supporting official bilingualism, which I oppose.
But why should Obama, who does not speak Spanish to my knowledge, suddenly develop this facility? Amazing what a teleprompter can do for you. THis is the first time America has been governed by a teleprompter.
Bush OTOH actually could speak Spanish.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcHlXNFpr-s&feature=related[/ame]

American Presidents should speak American English on America soil. That is all I have to say about that.

Nothing is lost by people communicating. That is not the same as supporting official bilingualism, which I oppose.
But why should Obama, who does not speak Spanish to my knowledge, suddenly develop this facility? Amazing what a teleprompter can do for you. THis is the first time America has been governed by a teleprompter.
That asshole couldn't even speak English. His handlers probably had to spend 3 days training him for those few paragraphs.
His brother Jeb speaks great Spanish but lived in Mexico for some time and married a Mexican chick.He also had several Cuban business partners back in the Miami Daze.

• Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcHlXNFpr-s&feature=related

Color me *astounded*...The Rabbi is defending Obama whilst I am roasting him. Might be a great day to buy a lottery ticket, folks. This has never happened before and likely will not again for centuries.

*Laughs*

• Banned
That asshole couldn't even speak English. His handlers probably had to spend 3 days training him for those few paragraphs.
His brother Jeb speaks great Spanish but lived in Mexico for some time and married a Mexican chick.He also had several Cuban business partners back in the Miami Daze.

Jeb! is fluent; I dunno about W. If he ever spoke Spanish in public I sure don't remember.

Okay, well I can't even Begin to imagine WTF YOU are,

but we want our Madeline back!
squint-2.gif

Last edited:
  • Banned
Okay, well I can't even Begin to imagine WTF YOU are,

but we want our Madeline back!
squint-2.gif

Eu tu, fryenza?

IMO, Obama is attempting to send the message that he supports illegal immigration (which in fact he does). Burns my ass up that so many in public office think the US needs a slave class of Mexican poor or that we have the resources to support one.

arizona-20562284209.jpeg

Jeb! is fluent; I dunno about W. If he ever spoke Spanish in public I sure don't remember.

That's because you're a moron. Bush spoke Spanish quite well and used it campaigning for 2000.

If you attacking every industry with a pulse and successfull people, you better start cowtowing to the bottom of the barrell.

I'll bet money he doesn't say the same thing in Spanish as he says in English.

If you know what I mean.

Think anyone will bother to check?

:rolleyes:

no, nobody ever parses every single fucking word that comes out of his yap.

they'll probably hide the transcripts with his birth certificate and his kenyan passport.

If you attacking every industry with a pulse and successfull people, you better start cowtowing to the bottom of the barrell.

You're high already?

I wish, I read this morning $58,000 will qualify in Hawaii for food stamps. That was my tipping point. I'm looking for the nearest Tea Party sign up.
I have not been following the finance side of things because of my overwhelming desire to see more socially liberal policies which Obama has sold us out on anyway.

$58,0000 Hawaii really!!!

I was hard core republican my whole life and had never voted for a dem. Now I'm glad I haven't.

You're high already?

I wish, I read this morning $58,000 will qualify in Hawaii for food stamps. That was my tipping point. I'm looking for the nearest Tea Party sign up.
I have not been following the finance side of things because of my overwhelming desire to see more socially liberal policies which Obama has sold us out on anyway.

$58,0000 Hawaii really!!!

I was hard core republican my whole life and had never voted for a dem. Now I'm glad I haven't.

You do know that Obama is not the governor of Hawaii, right? That would be Linda Lingle -- a Republican. Food prices are skyrocketing and the cost is always much worse in Hawaii, because it all has to be imported. I agree $58,000 sounds goofy but before you join the Tea Party you may want to reflect a bit on why this economic crisis is occurring and whether they offer us any solutions.

And food stamp eligibility is (mostly) established by the states, not the feds.

No I thought Obama was the Gov of Hawaii!! thanks for pointing that out.

He did extend Unemployment to about 2 years which I thought was laughable.
He did do redistribution of Trillions of wealth and mask it as Health care reform.
He did flush billions down the drain on bailing out the Sailors in the hamptons.
He did send the country of Georgia 1 billion overnight after thier little skirmish.

Could most Americans find Georgia the country on a map, and would they vote to send them a billion. I doubt either

Last edited:
Keep in mind the cost of living in Hawaii is a lot higher than here.
But that doesn't mean gov't spending is not out of control and we need to throttle back on transfer payments in a major way.

Forum List

Back