Dems Bribe Ohio H.S. Students to Vote with Free Ice Cream

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
The Cincinnati Public Schools system "expressly denies" that it did anything wrong when it allowed a group of high school students to be bused during school hours to the Board of Elections, to be shown sample ballots that included only Democrats, and then to vote.

And it promises never to do it again.

Thomas Brinkman, a Republican candidate for county auditor, and a group called the Coalition Opposed to Additional Spending & Taxes filed a legal complaint after three van loads of students from Hughes High School were bused on Oct. 13 to the Hamilton County Board of Elections. The students, all registered voters, were given sample ballots that listed only Democratic candidates -- "clearly with the intention of instructing [them] how to vote," according to the complaint -- before they cast their ballots.

Then the kids were then taken for free ice cream, a move Brinkman and the coalition said was tantamount to "bribery."

School Buses Students to Vote, Gives Them Democrat-Only Sample Ballot - FoxNews.com

Did they really think they'd get away with this?

More Dem dirty tricks:

Some 6,400 staffers and students at Winston-Salem State University received e-mail exhortations Monday to take advantage of early voting and help the Democratic Party, setting off local Republicans.

After a complaint by Nathan Tabor, the chairman of the Forsyth County GOP, university officials acknowledged that the e-mail — sent from the student-affairs division — was improper.

The university cited a state law that prohibits the use of a state employee’s authority or state property to support or oppose a person or an issue in any election.

WSSU e-mail called illegal | JournalNow.com

The Cincinnati Public Schools system "expressly denies" that it did anything wrong when it allowed a group of high school students to be bused during school hours to the Board of Elections, to be shown sample ballots that included only Democrats, and then to vote.

Thomas Brinkman, a Republican candidate for county auditor, and a group called the Coalition Opposed to Additional Spending & Taxes filed a legal complaint after three van loads of students from Hughes High School were bused on Oct. 13 to the Hamilton County Board of Elections. The students, all registered voters, were given sample ballots that listed only Democratic candidates -- "clearly with the intention of instructing [them] how to vote," according to the complaint -- before they cast their ballots.

Then the kids were then taken for free ice cream, a move Brinkman and the coalition said was tantamount to "bribery."
School Buses Students to Vote, Gives Them Democrat-Only Sample Ballot - FoxNews.com

Actually its electoral fraud, they assumed they would, it shows how desperate Democrats are to win. :eusa_shhh:

I think it's pretty creative campaigning. Why give them ice cream and then promote the other side? Isn't the repugs who complain about equal time?

I think it's pretty creative campaigning. Why give them ice cream and then promote the other side? Isn't the repugs who complain about equal time?

Taking kids out of school, giving them palm sheets with only one party, then taking them for ice cream? You don't have a problem with that?

Taking kids out of school, giving them palm sheets with only one party, then taking them for ice cream? You don't have a problem with that?

Nope. I think you all are jealous the TP didn't think of it.

Let's just contemplate what would have happened if it had been a TP event. :eusa_angel:

Yeah like if they had been Republican only ballots you wouldn't be SCREAMING about vote fraud?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is your typical liberal! Of course they are fine with dishonest tactics like this.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You have a problem with that but my guess is that you don't have a problem with "vote for me and I will give you a tax cut." LOL Talk about bribery.

BTW what is so evil about taking kids to show them something about the process?? Do you have any proof that they were trying to influence ths kids to vote democratic WHEN they actually get the chance to vote??

It's just another BS smear attempt by the right based on fear and stupidity.

More Dem dirty tricks:

Some 6,400 staffers and students at Winston-Salem State University received e-mail exhortations Monday to take advantage of early voting and help the Democratic Party, setting off local Republicans.

After a complaint by Nathan Tabor, the chairman of the Forsyth County GOP, university officials acknowledged that the e-mail — sent from the student-affairs division — was improper.

The university cited a state law that prohibits the use of a state employee’s authority or state property to support or oppose a person or an issue in any election.

WSSU e-mail called illegal | JournalNow.com

Uh as far as we know ONE person sent this email and the school pulled it and then posted one giving the right equal time once they found out what had happened. So what's the problem??

It's not as if they drove them to the polls on election day and gave them ice cream IF they voted for the demcorats. So why are you righties so desperate to make something out of NOTHING??

Yeah like if they had been Republican only ballots you wouldn't be SCREAMING about vote fraud?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actualyl NO, I wouldn't.

Since no votes were cast how can this be considered voter fraud?

Seriously, are you guys so desperate that you are actually trying to make something out of even this??

But school officials "expressly" denied any wrongdoing, and Finney said a lawsuit against the school system will continue despite Wednesday's order. It seeks to have the incident declared a violation of Ohio law and district policy and to have a permanent injunction issued to never allow students to be subjected to partisan political activities during school hours. It also seeks to have Cincinnati Public Schools pay Finney's attorney fees, or at least $10,000. The case is scheduled to continue on Nov. 30.

$10,000 fine? No biggie. It won't cost the Dems a dime. Just the local taxpayers who support the school. :evil:

Those Dems just love dat "free money".

It's not as if they drove them to the polls on election day and gave them ice cream IF they voted for the demcorats. So why are you righties so desperate to make something out of NOTHING??

Hello? Read much. First post find the link:

The school didn't give them the palm cards.

A campaign staffer outside the polling place did. Canvassing isn't illegal.

Forum List

Back