Health Care - It's where the jobs are

We have an aging, obese, or both population - of course there is going to be higher demand for health care.

All ObamaCare does is divert massive quantities of health care spending into an overlord federal bureaucracy at the expense of direct patient care.

Could anyone possibly be any more wrong about a topic? You repeatedly show your complete ignorance for healthcare in this country every time you post. Please stop. :eusa_shhh:

1) Money is being 'diverted' to private insurance companies, not the Federal Government.

2) If this is at the expense of direct patient care, why is there an actual portion of the bill that mandates that insurance companies must spend at least 85% of money coming in on direct patient care?

We have an aging, obese, or both population - of course there is going to be higher demand for health care.

All ObamaCare does is divert massive quantities of health care spending into an overlord federal bureaucracy at the expense of direct patient care.

If people could afford "direct patient care" without having to worry that it will drive them into bankruptcy, I'd be all for whatever alternative would accomplish that.

Bingo. So why the hell can anyone be behind Obamacare when it not only doesn't address affordability of direct patient care but is actually going to make it worse?

If people could afford "direct patient care" without having to worry that it will drive them into bankruptcy, I'd be all for whatever alternative would accomplish that.

Bingo. So why the hell can anyone be behind Obamacare when it not only doesn't address affordability of direct patient care but is actually going to make it worse?

Because it won't make it worse but actually is better then what we had before.

The bill will force insurance companies to be competitive, thereby lowering premiums. Short of a universal single-payer health care policy, since you guys would have been screeching from rooftops if that had been proposed, the government can't force the medical profession to cap its fees. It can, however, move the profession into quality of care rather than quantity which will do a lot toward reducing health costs.

Yes, I think healthcare really is growing fast which means more people are getting sick and dying young if one has to think of it.

You don't have to take my word for it. Google "Top ten job markets" and you'll see report after report showing all kinds of openings in the health care industry, now and projected, everything from nurses aids to lab technicians. Aging baby boomers and more people having access to health care are the primary reasons.

Check out just a couple of pages verifying this.

Top Jobs and Career Trends for the Next Ten Years

Top 10 Best Hot Careers for 2010 - 2020

And this is the reason healthcare costs will continue to spiral out of control. There truly is no end in sight. It is the exact reason we must find a way to reduce costs while continuing to fill an ever increasing need for health related services. The status quo will eventually bankrupt us.

Yes, I think healthcare really is growing fast which means more people are getting sick and dying young if one has to think of it.

Actually, it means our population is getting older, that a larger percentage is older. Older people get sick and die; it's a fact of life. Now we have more of them than ever and their numbers are increasing.

With or without "Obamacare" The health care industry has been and will continue to be one of the fastest growing industries in America for some time.

with a minimum of 15% per year growth.

Except there are some on the right who are trying to convince people that tens of thousands of jobs in the health industry will be lost if Obamacare is allowed to stand.

If Obama care is revoked by the sppremes or a republican congress, it will matter not on the rising cost of healthcare. Which the right has been blaming on Obamacare.
If revoked what will they then blame the rising HC costs on?
The Dems for sure, just not sure which angle of rationalization they will take.

Actually, it means our population is getting older, that a larger percentage is older. Older people get sick and die; it's a fact of life. Now we have more of them than ever and their numbers are increasing.

and the drug industry.
for instance take Drug a which is not approved for a certain problem. So the pharma industry makes a new drug which is really just a double dose of the first drug and charges 10X as much for it.

This is not fantasy it happened earlier this year.

and the drug industry.
for instance take Drug a which is not approved for a certain problem. So the pharma industry makes a new drug which is really just a double dose of the first drug and charges 10X as much for it.

This is not fantasy it happened earlier this year.

Yes, this does happen a great deal.

Yes- it's why I chose health care as a field around 30 years ago. Back then, there was a nursing shortage and we were importing foreign nurses. I knew that there would always be sick people, thus a demand. It's such a crappy profession that many people who enter it can't stand to stay in it long-term. Never will be a fun or great job, but there will always be a job that pays the bills. :)

Forum List

Back