Health Care Bill passes without Abortion, really?

immto

Return to Freedom
Jun 28, 2009
Danville, IL
It seems they were not able to get it done without adding verbiage that would exclude abortion services. It seems there were just enough Pro-life Democrats who took the stand on this issue and would not vote for it otherwise. This is a slight improvement but it's still nowhere near the bill I would prefer to see pass. I've already heard that this verbiage may have a built in backdoor so we don't even know how solid it will be in the long run. Even with an exclusion for abortion the bill still does not address Insurance companies ability to sell insurance across the country nor does it address portability. No tort reform, in fact there is anti-tort reform in the restrictions for states who have caps on damages one can receive in health related lawsuits.

Another interesting fact I heard on the radio this morning. Many of the congressman still had not received copies of the bill Friday night, so they were being printed. The printed copies were being taken as quick as they could get them out. The printed copies did not include the revisions, so they were not even receiving the bill they would eventually vote on.

This leads to the question I think begs to be asked.

WHY DO OUR CONGRESSMEN NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN AND READ A DIGITAL FILE???

Being limited to paper copies seems archaic to me. Do we really have people representing us that need to have a paper copy. I know this may seem like a petty thing to be upset about but I think it's just one more piece of evidence that goes to show our leaders shear inability to relate to the American people.

So here we have it, a health care bill that could lead to our health care changing in a fundemental way that may or may not exclude abortion.

I guess it's up to the Senate now.

:evil:

Last edited:
Why do they just pass bills they don't even read..at least a majority of them. I bet scammers would have a field day in Washington.

Why do they just pass bills they don't even read..at least a majority of them. I bet scammers would have a field day in Washington.

I not only want them to read the bills, I like it if the bills were required to be shorter, written in plain english and to the point.

:evil:

Forum List

Back