He should have run as a war protester

Merlin1047 said:
Sorry, I was going to let this pass, but I can't. You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground about Swift boat tactics, yet you make totally unqualified and, may I add, erroneous assertions regarding kerry's service.

"He was the commander of his own swiftboat."

Obviously you think he operated in a vacuum? Rather like the lone white knight out to conquer the dragon. Swift boats seldom operated alone. Kerry's boat was almost certainly one of two or more on any given mission. This would give other commanders a first-hand opportunity to observe kerry and to evaluate his conduct.

Also, kerry didn't get on the boat, and go off on a 3 1/2 month long mission. He was most likely back at the dock every night with extremely few exceptions. Again, his interaction with fellow officers gave others their insight on kerry.

"Bush pussied out while other men were fighting and dying in the jungles of Vietnam"

You see service in the National Guard as having "pussied out". Tell that to the numerous members of the Guard and Reserves who have served in EVERY major conflict this nation has ever had. If Bush had received orders to report for active duty, his choice would have been to comply or be charged with desertion. By the way - I find it rather offensive that someone like you, who has never shot so much as a paper clip at an enemy of this country, has the gall to make value judgements about the service of others. Your assessment is based on nothing but your left wing fantasies and your hatred for Pres. Bush. Like most ultra left wackos, you have no idea what you're talking about on this subject. I find it extremely humorous that the left wing, staunch despisers of everything military, now find themselves in the uncomfortable position of praising the highly questionable military service of the troll who they are touting for president.

Just had to say one thing: :clap:

Forum List

Back