He should follow his father's lead

Durbin: Romney needs to release tax returns - CBS News

(CBS News) On "Face the Nation," Senator Richard Durbin, D-Ill., challenged the presumptive Republican nominee for president to be more transparent with his finances, including releasing more years of his tax returns.

"Mitt Romney has failed to make an economic disclosure that every president and candidate for president has made in the last 36 years. It goes back to his father, who disclosed 12 years of tax returns - he disclosed one," Durbin said.

Durbin, the number two Democrat in the Senate, also referenced a new article in Vanity Fair that provided insight into Romney's offshore bank accounts in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda and Switzerland - countries popular among the wealthy for secrecy and tax protections.

The Senator suggested that Romney's offshore accounts reflected either duplicity or a lack or faith in the U.S. dollar: "You either get a Swiss bank account to conceal what you are doing, or you believe the Swiss franc is stronger than the American dollar," he said.

DNC head calls Romney to release more tax returns detailing offshore holdings - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

George Romney, Mitt’s father and a onetime Michigan governor, released 12 years of tax returns when he ran for president in the 1960s. President Obama has also released tax returns dating back to 2000.

So - if we are SO insistent on transparency from Obama, why not expect the same from Romney.

Just as soon as Obama releases his college record. By the way has Romney violated the law?

Yes. When he dressed up in Michigan State troopers uniform and went out in public. That's a felony.

I'm still waiting for Obama to release like, anything.

He released 12 years of tax returns in 2008.

Romney's turn.

Fair enough.... personally, I don't care one way or another. But like Frank said, if he releases 12, they'll want 13, then they'll want 14. Frankly, I find this new found desire by the left to fully vet Romney quite amusing.. any questions about Obama were greeted with everything from "racist!" to "birther!".

Well, y'all just proved you only want transparency when it's Obama. Your guy gets a pass. :thup:

Romney released his returns in January, just because he doesn't release twelve years of them to be picked apart by partisan hacks surreptitiously seeking ammunition against him is what is really upsetting you.

When you run for the highest office in the land, you should expect some scrutiny.... regardless of (D) or (R). I take no issue with this... no doubt though Obama got a pass, which he should not have. Nor should Romney.

(CBS News) On "Face the Nation," Senator Richard Durbin, D-Ill., challenged the presumptive Republican nominee for president to be more transparent with his finances, including releasing more years of his tax returns.

"Mitt Romney has failed to make an economic disclosure that every president and candidate for president has made in the last 36 years. It goes back to his father, who disclosed 12 years of tax returns - he disclosed one," Durbin said.

Durbin, the number two Democrat in the Senate, also referenced a new article in Vanity Fair that provided insight into Romney's offshore bank accounts in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda and Switzerland - countries popular among the wealthy for secrecy and tax protections.

The Senator suggested that Romney's offshore accounts reflected either duplicity or a lack or faith in the U.S. dollar: "You either get a Swiss bank account to conceal what you are doing, or you believe the Swiss franc is stronger than the American dollar," he said.

DNC head calls Romney to release more tax returns detailing offshore holdings - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

George Romney, Mitt’s father and a onetime Michigan governor, released 12 years of tax returns when he ran for president in the 1960s. President Obama has also released tax returns dating back to 2000.

So - if we are SO insistent on transparency from Obama, why not expect the same from Romney.
At least he pays his taxes.

Hey, did you hear about the Obama nominee who paid their taxes? Neither have I.

Seriously, if you want to talk about transparency (something Mr Obama campaigned on), Mr Obama has been clear as mud. You know it and I know it.

I want to see Mitt Romney's college thesis. I want to see Barack Obama's college thesis.

At least he pays his taxes.

Hey, did you hear about the Obama nominee who paid their taxes? Neither have I.

Seriously, if you want to talk about transparency (something Mr Obama campaigned on), Mr Obama has been clear as mud. You know it and I know it.

I want to see Mitt Romney's college thesis. I want to see Barack Obama's college thesis.

He does? How would we know that. Anything he's socked away offshore is veiled. Nobody knows what kind of money that is, and he sure as shit isn't paying taxes on it. He doesn't have to. It's in a blind trust, offshore.

He does? How would we know that. Anything he's socked away offshore is veiled. Nobody knows what kind of money that is, and he sure as shit isn't paying taxes on it. He doesn't have to. It's in a blind trust, offshore.

If you can prove Mr Romney is violating tax law, go for it.

If Romney released 12 years of tax records you would then want 13 if he released 13 you would be asking for14 the truth is he could never release enough to satisfy the left.

His father released 12.

So what there is no law saying that a Presidential candidate has to release a specific number of tax returns in fact he didn't have to release any if he didn't want to legally tax returns are private all he legally had to release is a financial disclosure report which he did along with the tax returns he did release. This is not about transparency or openness it's about people wanting to find some scandal they couldn't find anything in his disclosure report or the tax records he did release so they want more and if they find nothing in that they will want more and more I suspect if Romney released ever tax return he has filed the left would still not be satisfied and call for more.

Last edited:
Mittopoly.jpg

I can see it now in the debates...

OBAMA: Mitt, your father released 12 years worth of tax returns when he ran for President. Why haven't you?

ROMNEY: Well Barack, I'd be happy to release 30 years of tax returns, just as soon as you release EACH AND EVERY ONE of those college records you've spent so much money hiding.

Fair enough??

Forum List

Back