He did it!

Abbey Normal

Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
As a proud wife, I just wanted to post (in here) that my husband was awarded his 1st degree confirmed black belt yesterday (Tae Kwon Do). It took over 4 years to achieve, so it's a big deal to us.

:)

[/bragging]

Abbey Normal said:
As a proud wife, I just wanted to post (in here) that my husband was awarded his 1st degree confirmed black belt yesterday (Tae Kwon Do). It took over 4 years to achieve, so it's a big deal to us.

[/bragging]

:thewave: Congratulate the hubby! Nice going, Mr. Abbey! ;)

That's not bragging. That's acknowledging a hard earned accomplishment.
Congratulations to Hubby, and to you!

Abbey Normal said:

[/bragging]

Boy I bet you feel safe walking around town with him :D
Tell him congratulations!!

Abbey Normal said:
Thanks Kathianne and Joz. It often seems to me that his family doesn't appreciate him, so I will tell him your kind words.
You keep giving him kudos, it's what we all need! :thup:

Thanks, everyone.

I do feel somewhat safe, though I wouldn't want to press our luck in a place like Camden or Chester where thugs carry guns around like they're wallets.

Kathianne, you are so right. When families don't cut it, spouses need to take up the slack.

Jeff: I don't think I could ever be mad at you; your'e too decent a guy. :)

Abbey Normal said:

[/bragging]
Congratulations to the husband!!! I'm sure it is well earned.

P.S. Does he have to register his hands as a deadly weapon? :):):)

Abbey Normal said:

[/bragging]

Wow that a great achievement to accomplish. :clap1:
I am just curious, what types of test did he have to go through to achieve his first degree? Did he have to fight anyone or defend himself from 3 other black belts or something? Just curious.

shepherdboy said:
Wow that a great achievement to accomplish. :clap1:
I am just curious, what types of test did he have to go through to achieve his first degree? Did he have to fight anyone or defend himself from 3 other black belts or something? Just curious.

On his behalf, thanks!

The first part of the testing consists of lots of common physical exertion, such as running, push-ups, etc.

Followed by executing 10 different Tae Kwon Do "forms", from white belt through to black belt.

Then self-defense moves, approx. 25-30 different self-defense holds throws, etc., while being attacked by higher-level black belts.

Then he had to spar about 7 different people. One-on-one, no ganging up!

Finally, he had to break triple boards with hand and with feet.

If you make more than three mistakes, which can be as small as holding your thumb or your foot the wrong way in a form, you fail.

Forum List

Back