Haven't we heard this before?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Bullypulpit, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    <center><h1><span style="color:red;">Haven't we heard this somewhere before?</span></h1></center>

I haven't slept as well as I usually do since out Great and Fearless Leader gave an address this last Tuesday that wasn't so much about securing Iraq as it was about dragging Iran and Syria into this whole ugly mess. Now, I'm not normally an anxiety ridden person. You can't be in my profession, that of registered nurse, and lead a normal life.

But I just woke up with this leaden feeling in my belly (<i>No, it wasn't the Taco Bell and egg-salad I had last night</i>), and the words of Secretary of Defense, Bob Gates, echoing in my ears as he testified before the Senate Armed Services Committee on Friday.

<blockquote>"Oh gosh, you sillies. Of course President Bush doesn't have any plans to attack Iran. Except...you know...as a <b>LAST RESORT</b>. </blockquote>

Now whereinthehell have we heard that before.
    <span class="body-bold"></span>
    <blockquote>"...<span class="body-bold">the President continues to seek a peaceful resolution. War is a last resort.</span>" - Scott McClellan, 11/12 /02 White House Press Briefing</blockquote>

This coming long after Chimpy McPresident and his merry band had decided to Iraq was to be plucked like an over-ripe fruit.

Given this Presidents past history, I could only wonder why someone in Congress didn't fall all over themselves trying to introduce a Resolution of Inquiry in the House to get the ball rolling on impeaching these crazy bastards before they do something we all will regret more than we already regret invading Iraq. How could they not see the rocks this President, and his administration, are steering this ship of state towards.

This administration reminds of nothing so much as a bunch of monkeys playing with a box of matches in a fuel refinery. One spark, at any moment, and the whole thing will explode in a conflagration that will engulf, not just the region, but quite possibly the entire world as well. One that will make the last world war look like a Sunday school outing in comparison, and one from which the United states will not emerge unscathed or victorious.

When Seymour Hersch wrote his article about US forces moving into Iran back in April of 2006, he and anyone who agreed with his analysis, were dismissed as being alarmists and in need of some psychotherapy. But the reality is staring us in the face...Here...Now. This President is locked into some sick, messianic vision, and he is determined to see that vision through to the end regardless of the cost in blood and treasure...Regardless of the consequences to this nation or the world. That Congress is not dropping their partisan squabbling in order to check this President and his administration is a mystery. Better we have the president and his administration declared <i>non compos mentis</i> and a constitutional crisis than an expanded war in the Middle East and likely beyond.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    wow what a surprise. That the President might have a plan to take out another member of the axis of evil and one of the largest state sponsors of terrorism in the world.

I mean how much more evil can he get then actually making the world safer by taking out the terrorists that want us dead and the states that sponsor them like he promised after 911.

I bet he even has plans for *Gasp* North Korea as well! That evil fiend. What has North Korea ever done other than threaten and kill people.

We have to stop this, we cant let the President take out the nations threatening their neighbors with genocide. I mean who does he think he is acting to prevent mass murder before it happens. He has really crossed a line now.

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Plans to invade Iraq have existed since at least 91. Plans to take out N Korea have existed since the 50s, and Iran the 80s.

President Bush must be a really powerful guy to have done all that.:rolleyes:

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    To be fair, I think that is what Avatar was saying. The government and DOD go on, with relatively minor adjustments to those elected and their terms.

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    I simply seem to think having plans to deal with hostile regimes seems more like common sense than any sort of evil plot. If we didnt have any plans im sure we would be hearing how Bush is incompetant for not thinking up multiple contingencies.

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I was agreeing with avatar.;)

7. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    We do have them, and as I stated before, most are decades old, and exist as National contingencies, not the whims of individual Presidents.

The "Bush had a plan to invade Iraq" as justification to call him a warmongerer is just misrepresentation of fact. Number one, the plan existed before Bush's first term as Governor of Texas. Second, of course he had a plan before we invaded Iraq. That's the normal sequence of events for an invasion.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Won't be the first time I misinterpreted. :redface: It would be great if it's the last, but I wouldn't count on that.

9. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
    George Orwell

10. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Getting tired of defending the indefensible, are you? Well, you can't be blamed for such fatigue. One can only reach for so long before they resort to meaningless platitudes and futile attempts at sarcasm as you have done here. Go take some Advil, have a scotch and soda, don't strain yourself any further.