Hatfield Mccoy Feud

Saw it all. A classic story of hubris and pride going before a fall. The only real rewrite of a character was that of Johnse Hatfield, who in real life married five times, had ten or eleven children, ran away to Oregon, and served 13 years in prison for murder. I thought the series was excellent, the characters even better.

Saw it all. A classic story of hubris and pride going before a fall. The only real rewrite of a character was that of Johnse Hatfield, who in real life married five times, had ten or eleven children, ran away to Oregon, and served 13 years in prison for murder. I thought the series was excellent, the characters even better.

yea i thought it was pretty good too....the uncle sure was an asshole....in real life Hatfields wife was pretty nasty looking.....saw a picture of her....not pretty like the actress who played her......

Part 1 and 2 were much better then part 3 in my opinion. All in all a very sold mini series.

Part 1 and 2 were much better then part 3 in my opinion. All in all a very sold mini series.

I agree...by the third night I'd had enough of all the senseless killings and knowing that it wouldn't have a happy ending. I did find it fascinating how it ended in regards to the two men's spiritual journey.

In the series they made the Costner character Devil Anse Hatfield like the good guy in the feud with the leader of the McCoys.

But in real life he was a nasty person who wasn't nicknamed "Devil" for no reason.

Hey wiki said that the Hatfields & McCoys were reunited for Family Feud in the 70s!

"
In 1979, the two families united for a special week's taping of the popular game show Family Feud, in which they played for a cash prize and a pig which was kept on stage during the games.[21] The Hatfield family won the contest 301–227.[22]"

Hatfield

yea i thought it was pretty good too....the uncle sure was an asshole....in real life Hatfields wife was pretty nasty looking.....saw a picture of her....not pretty like the actress who played her......

Yah, Uncle Jim Vance was a piece of crap, was he not? I thought it appropriately, in light that he shot each of the three McCoy brothers in the head after the execution at the paw paw trees, that a McCoy finished his dead body off with a pistol bullet to the head.

anyone check this Mini Series out on the History channel?.....

Yes. I watched all three. It was an excellent production and the acting was wonderful.

It was amazing how the Hatfields just took matters into their own hands and executed those kids. Of course they stabbed and shot the Hatfield brother but it was crazy that they just decided to do it and it was done.

Holy crap, now that was a feud.

Hey wiki said that the Hatfields & McCoys were reunited for Family Feud in the 70s!

"
In 1979, the two families united for a special week's taping of the popular game show Family Feud, in which they played for a cash prize and a pig which was kept on stage during the games.[21] The Hatfield family won the contest 301–227.[22]"

Hatfield

Nice find.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqYchj3hii8]Family Feud 11/13/79 (OC) - Hatfield/McCoy special - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

I think they're probably not all that far from launching into it again..

Love how Dawson puts down the barrel of the gun, lol. Don't point that thing at ME!

In the series they made the Costner character Devil Anse Hatfield like the good guy in the feud with the leader of the McCoys.

But in real life he was a nasty person who wasn't nicknamed "Devil" for no reason.

i was thinking along those lines myself.....they were both assholes.....all those people who were killed and went to prison for the feud between these too jerks....

Forum List

Back