Hate Crime

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mattskramer, May 21, 2004.

1. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    It would be nice if you would not define me based only on my position in regard to homosexual marriage, though that topic seems to me the most heated. Here is my position on another issue. Conservatives may agree with me.

I oppose "hate crime legislation". I never fully understood what it means. Do people what to make hate a crime. It seems like more bureaucratic paper work and excessive cost to me.

2. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167

Hate crime legislation elevates the legal status of individuals protected by it. A homosexual, for example, acting openly gay in public, recieves more legal protection, than a straight white male, under a hate crime statute.

What I mean by this, is, of course, that for any given crime, the additional penalties for being "hate motivated" are only applicable to a reasonable "target" group.

I have yet to see any hate crime apply to anything but a politically correct array of "target" groups, on any level consistent with actual crimes aainst straight, white, secular males.

Bias Motivation Incidents Offenses Victims Known Offenders
    Race 4,831 6,170 6,438 5,751
    Anti-White 1,226 1,511 1,554 2,032
    Anti-Black 2,988 3,805 3,945 3,099
    Anti-American Indian/Alaskan Native 41 59 59 38
    Anti-Asian/Pacific Islander 355 484 496 380
    Anti-Multi-Racial Group 221 311 384 202
    Ethnicity/National Origin 814 1,022 1,044 958
    Anti-Hispanic 516 680 698 685
    Anti-Other Ethnicity/ National Origin 298 342 346 273
    Religion 1,277 1,414 1,617 437
    Anti-Jewish 1,058 1,145 1,236 350
    Anti-Catholic 31 35 53 8
    Anti-Protestant 36 47 65 12
    Anti-Islamic 29 39 41 26
    Anti-Other Religious Group 102 122 196 36
    Anti-Multi-Religious Group 20 25 25 4
    Anti-Atheism/Agnosticism/etc. 1 1 1 1
    Sexual Orientation 1,019 1,266 1,347 1,273
    Anti-Male Homosexual 735 915 937 1,031
    Anti-Female Homosexual 146 189 191 131
    Anti-Homosexual 103 125 182 80
    Anti-Heterosexual 17 19 19 13
    Anti-Bisexual 18 18 18 18
    Multiple Bias 6 23 23 14
    Total 7,947 9,895 10,469 8,433

One crime prosecuted against an non-religious person.

1,226 against whites.

17 against a heterosexual.

One has to wonder why white heterosexuals are victims of most (at least 70%) of crime yet only recieve 15% of the "extra protection" of hate motivated crime. Is it because this group Whites commit most of the hate crimes against others? I think not. In fact, it is clearly the most despised group among this society, bar none. Yet still 59 percent of those charged with hate are white, while only 15% of the same are victims of hate crimes.

Either there are a hell of a lot of bigotted rednecks out there, or this law is being applied unevenly. Unless Whites hate others more than they are hated, which to me doesn't make any sense in the real world of America today.

Either way, since the penalty for a crime against me, for example, a straight white secular male, is statistically less than the potential penalty for the SAME crime against a Black, openly Gay, Jewish-borne Muslim, for example, I find this law in violation of the equal rights and protection statute and therefore unconstitutional.

3. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The Hate Crimes You Don’t Hear About

Cleveland, Ohio. A white man on a moped accidentally bumped into a truck being driven by a black man. He fell over but was not injured. A crowd of 40 white people pulled the black driver from the truck and brutally beat him. One of them climbed in the truck and ran over the driver, killing him. The crowd cheered.

Jacksonville, Florida. A group of four to six white men agreed that they would brutalize the next black person they saw walking down the street. That person turned out to be a mentally disabled 50-year-old, whom they beat and stomped into unconsciousness. He later died of his injuries.

http://www.loompanics.com/Articles/hatecrimes.html

4. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  5. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167

Well this sounded unbelievable so I actually read the rest, lol.

The exact opposite being the true story, who exactly support this legislation still? Wasn't Bubba behind all this?

Any Dems want to step up and explain these "Kill Whitey" laws on the books today?

6. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,917
    When you look at the thousands of topics on this message board, and the miniscule few here about racism, everytime I see someone calling Big D a racist I have to laugh to myself. Then I think what kind of leftist, knee jerk, liberal play book, bull shit that is.

Anyone who at this point in history is ignoring the black war on whites in Ameria today is kidding themselves if they think it isn't real. I for one appreciate the articles and the links Big D provides. Maybe if more people were made aware, something being done about it might have a better chance.

I'm with ya Bid D.... go for it. Don't let anyone shut ya up. The black crime war on whites is an important issue, and more people need to be made aware of it.

7. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  8. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Blacks arrested more
    for 'hate crimes'
    FBI report confirms higher rate than whites for racial attacks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Although "hate-crime" legislation has been championed by minority groups in hopes it would discourage racially motivated crime, a recently released FBI crime report reveals that a higher percentage of blacks than whites are charged with race-biased "hate crimes."

The FBI's "Hate Crime Statistics" for 1999 show that 2,030 whites were arrested that year for "hate crimes" against blacks, compared to 524 blacks who were arrested and charged with a "hate crime" against whites.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, blacks make up 12.8 percent of the population -- or about 35.4 million of the country's 280 million people -- so, given the arrest rate versus population percentage, the data indicates that blacks are one-and-a-half times more likely to be arrested for a "hate crime" than whites.
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=21943

9. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Pale do you also agree with his calls for genocide against minorities?

10. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Matt, I totally agree with you. Crimes should not be punished on the basis of the race, religion, or sexual tendencies of the victim and/or perpetrator. Murder is murder, rape is rape, assault is assault, regardless of why it was done.