Hate crime? Man attacked at Walmart over his military service

Looks like an ANTI-GOVERNEMENT hate crime to me, based on the article.

Crazy government-hating right wingers!

Why doesn't Mr. Army Capt. fight back?
Because he knows the deal. He's an officer in the military, that mans a civilian, if he doesn't show restraint he will place his rank and career in jeopardy.
The UCMJ applies at WalMart? Since when?

Every "citizen" has the right to defend himself, you just have to make sure the other guy throws the first punch. If someone comes at me my first thought isn't "What will my Boss think?" it's Self Preservation.

What's wrong with you people? I learned that when I was a kid.

And another thing, why the fuck is the Military walking around in Camis? This aint f*ckin' Iraq, the President hasn't declared Martial Law.

Because he knows the deal. He's an officer in the military, that mans a civilian, if he doesn't show restraint he will place his rank and career in jeopardy.

Every "citizen" has the right to defend himself, you just have to make sure the other guy throws the first punch. If someone comes at me my first thought isn't "What will my Boss think?" it's Self Preservation.

And another thing, why the fuck is the Military walking around in Camis? This aint f*ckin' Iraq, the President hasn't declared Martial Law.

The Capt. obviously didn't feel threatened enough to kick the old man's ass.

I work near Ellington Field which is the home base of the Texas Air National Guard 147th Reconnaissance Wing. . In addition, Ellington also routinely hosted several college level Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps summer courses/Field Training.

I see soldiers in fatigues all the time at stores, restaurants etc....

Don't be anal.. He has been trained to show restraint. He chose to show it. If he handn't the reporting of this would have been "military officer beating a man at walmart".. And then you could have posted about that and had another crying fit..

He was most likely just getting off work and stopped at walmart. Ever have to go to the store and not have time to change out of work clothes? We have a Air Force reserve wing here, see them all the time in BDU's at the stores here.

Grow up dude, it's life, the man was an idiot and acting like a psycho. The officer showed proper restraint and saved himself trouble. If he hadn't you would have a problem with it anyway.

So someone throwing puches at you isn't enough of a threat? On what Planet?

I'm not asking if it's OK by Regulation to wear them off base. I know they may HAVE to wear them to and from off base housing.

I'm asking WHY it was made OK to wear them off base?

When I was in the Service, wearing Cami's off base to shop would get you in trouble, Class A Uniform was acceptable.

Who the f*ck thinks it's ok to wear Cami's around town like the US is some kinda' Third World, Banana Republic Nation?

When I saw this question I thought about what happened to Nicholas Cage's character at the beginning of the film that he did in 1997 named Con Air. His character's military background, I guess, is the reason why he had to go to jail for killing that guy...even though it was self defense.

God bless you and Nicholas and that man at Wal-Mart always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

So someone throwing puches at you isn't enough of a threat? On what Planet?

I'm not asking if it's OK by Regulation to wear them off base. I know they may HAVE to wear them to and from off base housing.

I'm asking WHY it was made OK to wear them off base?

When I was in the Service, wearing Cami's off base to shop would get you in trouble, Class A Uniform was acceptable.

Who the f*ck thinks it's ok to wear Cami's around town like the US is some kinda' Third World, Banana Republic Nation?

Welcome to 2013.

Oh and no, an old man throwing punches would not necessarily be a threat.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back