CDZ Has the curve flattened?

IF everyone was doing their best to follow science guide lines my best guess would be two plus months. but their NOT so it will be more like 5 months (could be more)

We 'started' later than a lot/most/all of these countries and haven't peaked, so we're still climbing. Not any real surprise as the models forecasted it, which is why we started the efforts at social distancing and 'shelter-in-place' as those models showed the hospital system getting buried without those efforts.

That peak is supposed to happen later this month for the country as a whole and most states, and we should be on the downswing after that, according to the models out there right now.

"we started the efforts at social distancing and 'shelter-in-place' as those models showed the hospital system getting buried without those efforts"???

It seems the Federal Government and states such as Florida, Louisianan and Georgia didn't follow the lead as did other States and regions within our borders.

COVID-19

Well, yeah, the whole idea was to 'flatten the curve' or decrease the rate of spread to minimize the strain on hospital systems to the greatest extent possible. Nobody ever said it would stop it, but most, if not all models show an expansion, a peak and then a decline. Some countries are already 'over the hump', so to speak, it would seem. We're not, and not expected to peak for another couple of weeks, even with these measures.

According to this model:

"12 days until peak resource use on April 15, 2020"

This is a resource model, but it stands to reason that if the need for beds peaks and tapers off it's because infections do as well.

There are models for each individual state there too, for those that are interested

The catastrophic damage we will inflict on the working class and small business will take years to recover from if we do not re-open for business by the end of this month. They are the backbone of America. I am already seeing small companies in my city that have been in business for decades with PERMANENTLY CLOSED showing on their websites.

The catastrophic damage we will inflict on the working class and small business will take years to recover from if we do not re-open for business by the end of this month. They are the backbone of America. I am already seeing small companies in my city that have been in business for decades with PERMANENTLY CLOSED showing on their websites.

You really believe the death of a small business requires greater care than the death of people? When the all clear is finally here, Capitalism we thrive. There will be a rush for small business to hire and begin serving the people. Keep in mind, + or - 50% of our citizens are employed by small business, and a higher percentage of consumers are what move our economy.

But this recovery cannot happen if banks foreclose on loans and mortgages, these need to be regulated by The Congress, and instead of punishing those whose small business or home is in default, the loan itself must be extended for the number of months when the rent / mortgage was not paid.

In some areas the curve has flattened in some it has not this is not a one size fits all world. Not all places got hit at the same time the curve is going to vary based on population of an area how densly people are packed in an area there are many variables in play here.

Forum List

Back