Hang onto your wallets.

If anyone looks at the way things are going in thier own lives.

Then hears this admin, and it media followers tell us things are getting better, no matter what.

You have to start wondering;

Are they intentionaly screwing things up?

I am beginning to wonder that myself TT. Aren't they supposed to be the smartest guys in the room???
Compared to 'Baggers....it's a SLAM-DUNK!!!!!!

:eusa_whistle:

There is no way you can "hang on to your wallet" when the theft of your money is by inflation and your money beomes worth less every day....it might be wiser to spend money now while it is worth more and stockpile your basic supplies....

While president Obama is already claiming victory over the economic downturn, the rest of us are left scratching our heads. With the unemployment rate hovering at 9.5%, and threatening to go higher, I hardly think anyone could declare that the economy is fixed. Moreover, with a deficit of $13 Trillion and the Federal Reserve printing more worthless currency than ever, the situation only stands to get worse.

We've been warned about this development for years by economists, but their warnings have been mostly ignored. In the meantime, our monetary base has nearly doubled, our national debt is at $13 TRILLION and climbing, and the jobless rate hovers at nearly 15 million, and nothing much is happening to significantly reduce it.

We've already witnessed recently what happens when a country's economy goes into hyper-inflation and collapses. The currency turns into wallpaper, and the grocery store shelves get empty. That's when the looting and riots begin. We all saw what happened in Greece when their economy crashed, and when it happens here, in the perennial "land of plenty", it'll make the Athens riots look like a day at Disneyland.

But I didn't write this article to be a harbinger of doom and gloom. I wrote this article to share a simple tip that everyone should know to help weather this economic free-fall, and make sure that you and your family are well prepared for the difficult days to come.

There are several important steps that should be taken to prepare, but one of the most vital things to do to get ready for the coming depression is to start storing food.

In today's culture, the idea of stock-piling food may seem weird, or paranoid to you, but you should think of it as an investment. A personal food-bank that you can draw on whenever you need a little extra. You've probably noticed how much food prices have gone up in just the last year alone, and they're certain to keep going up. It's just a smart idea to store up now before costs get much higher.

Preparing For Hyper-Inflation and Rising Food Costs

If anyone looks at the way things are going in thier own lives.

Then hears this admin, and it media followers tell us things are getting better, no matter what.

You have to start wondering;

Are they intentionaly screwing things up?

I am beginning to wonder that myself TT. Aren't they supposed to be the smartest guys in the room???

What do Tea Partiers have to do with it?? Last I heard they don't run the Govt or the Fed.

OL'BO and his posse are supposed to be the "Smartest Guys in the Room."

If the state of the economy and jobs is any indication then I really don't think they are the smartest at much.

Unemployment is now at 9.8% and the economy is sputtering along at best.

They need to get a lot smarter if they hope to remedy the situation before 2012.

What do Tea Partiers have to do with it?? Last I heard they don't run the Govt or the Fed.

If the state of the economy and jobs is any indication then I really don't think they are the smartest at much.

They need to get a lot smarter if they hope to remedy the situation before 2012.

The "situation" cannot be remedied by 2012 by anyone.

....Especially if Republican-congressmen/women are gonna draw-a-check, while coasting for two (more) years. :rolleyes:

If they would just extend the Bush tax policy for another ten years and put Obamacare and Cap & Trade on the back burner indefinitely and do nothing else with taxes, that alone would give the economy a huge shot in the arm. Right now I'm in close contact with small businesses sitting on a ton of capital they're ready and willing to turn loose just as soon as they have some guarantee that the taxes and regulation will be something they can live with. Right now they don't know and they won't risk it without knowing.

And many of the larger ($1 million and more) businesses are waiting to see if they will resume business and resume hiring or whether they will start liquidating or moving all their assets to other countries now before the unfavorable tax policy kicks back in. If they do that, those jobs will be lost forever.

This isn't minor stuff they're dealing with folks. And what appears to be an intentional effort to sabotage all private initiative sure makes it look like they want government to be the end and solution to everything. And that scares me a whole lot more than inflation.

Those who remember the Carter administration however remember extreme fuel shortages, double digit interest rates, double digit inflation, and high unemployment. The people rising up in protest of that ushered in 27/28 years of pretty much unprecedented prosperity. That can happen again in 2012. We just have to hold on.

And maybe this time we'll remember our history and won't repeat the mistakes that created the current insanity.

Last edited:
just one more reason to grow your own food as if one more was needed.

Hard to do in a city.

I tried to have a small garden in buckets this year, it didn't go so well.

move out of the city. you'll be healthier and actually have more control over your life.

or try this

Build a complete home hydroponics system

hahah

The category of Illegal Drugs has been blocked by your System Administrator

haha

Can't move outside of a city. I don't own a car, so I get around by bus and bike. Besides, I live in one of the best school districts in my state.

Now how to y'all think we arwe going to have a recovery unless we start paying more for the stuff we always buy?

Ouchy

Good point. By increasing the cost on things we must by, there will/may be more taxes coming in.

Granted, we will cut back on 'want to buys'.

I'll just end up buying less and growing more [or trying].

Maybe we should all look into canning and jarring.

All his stuff is attack posts with one liners. I tried to converse with him, he just kept hi kookiness up, so I only read his stuff for a laugh.

Food inflation is real, and our government pays people to burn food for fuel.

Go figure.

Food inflation is real, and our government pays people to burn food for fuel.

Go figure.

In fact the government providing lucrative subsidies to farmers who convert corn and sugar crops from food to fuel is mostly what is driving the food inflation there. You can't take that many food crops out of production without it affecting prices. I don't buy fresh corn any more.

Forum List

Back