Guy who played Jimmy Olson on Superman in 1950s TV just died at 87

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Had no idea he was still around as that was 60 years ago. George Reeve played Clark Kent/ supey and was the best of all clark kents since he didn't play him as a useless nerd. Clark Kent was a very capable man.

'Adventures of Superman' actor Jack Larson dies at 87

sep 21 2015 Adventures of Superman actor Jack Larson has died at age 87. Larson passed away at his home in Los Angeles on Sunday, according to The New York Times.

The actor was best known for his role as young reporter Jimmy Olsen on the 1950s TV series, and later appeared in a few other projects related to the high-flying superhero including Superboy, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, and Superman Returns.

Last edited:
Had no idea he was still around as that was 60 years ago. George Reeve played Clark Kent/ supey and was the best of all clark kents since he didn't play him as a useless nerd. Clark Kent was a very capable man.

'Adventures of Superman' actor Jack Larson dies at 87

oct 21 2015 Adventures of Superman actor Jack Larson has died at age 87. Larson passed away at his home in Los Angeles on Sunday, according to The New York Times.

The actor was best known for his role as young reporter Jimmy Olsen on the 1950s TV series, and later appeared in a few other projects related to the high-flying superhero including Superboy, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, and Superman Returns.

Again? Third time this year already.

Why did you falsify the date of the article?

• Banned

I always type in the date and was sure it said october. Anyway - he's still dead. Why is that so hard for you miserable america-hating libs to understand.? THINK

I always type in the date and was sure it said october. Anyway - he's still dead. Why is that so hard for you miserable america-hating libs to understand.? THINK

You spell "October" with the letters "S-E-P-T-E-M".... and you want ME to "think"?

What a great thread. Let's do it again next month.

Makes me wonder if Jimmy from Puff'N'Stuff is still alive. And if so, is the witch still after his magic flute.

You spell "October" with the letters "S-E-P-T-E-M".... and you want ME to "think"?

What a great thread. Let's do it again next month.
you have to understand Pogo ....speedos aint to bright.....and to top it off,he is a pussy too.......

For some reason, I could never embrace the superman series....I guess because his flying seemed so damned fake to me and I was a kid then...and still I knew fake when I saw it...now batman and spiderman....their flying seemed real, cause they never flew....LOLOL...either way, my Jimmy rest in peace.

Jack Larson was gay. May he burn in hell! George Reeves no doubt was tormented having to work with the sodomite. It most likely haunted him after the series ended and drove him to suicide.

Preview

Jack Larson was gay. May he burn in hell! George Reeves no doubt was tormented having to work with the sodomite. It most likely haunted him after the series ended and drove him to suicide.

You asswipe, George Reeves committed suicide because he wanted more than anything to play a romantic role in a movie and nobody would cast him that way after Superman because they thought everyone would laugh. That's what tormented the man. He's buried in Spring Gove Cemetery in Cincinnati, Ohio. WTF is wrong with you anyway?

You asswipe, George Reeves committed suicide because he wanted more than anything to play a romantic role in a movie and nobody would cast him that way after Superman because they thought everyone would laugh. That's what tormented the man. He's buried in Spring Gove Cemetery in Cincinnati, Ohio. WTF is wrong with you anyway?
I disagree.

I disagree.

Then where's he buried? Kenya?

Forum List

Back