Gunships over Miami "machine gun fire, strafing runs, troops rapelling from choppers,

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
this is the third or fourth city I've read about them doing this...

SNIP:
Gun control advocates say deadly assault weapons have no business being on the streets of America.

But, apparently, those same people who would restrict you of your ability to defend yourself have no objections to fully loaded military gunships flying over American population centers.

That’s exactly what happened in Miami, Florida recently when the U.S. military, in conjunction with local law enforcement agencies, staged an “urban training exercise,” justifying the action as as preparation of our troops for deployment overseas.

If we’re supposedly pulling our military out of Afghanistan and Iraq, which urban environment is it that the military and local police are training for?

Military “exercises” in populated urban environments are now so routine, so commonplace, they are no longer reported by the national media and are left as “human interest” stories for local news stations.

For instance, in Miami last Thursday, units of the military industrial complex staged yet another training exercise.

“Diving Blackhawks, blank rounds of machine gun fire, strafing runs, troops rappelling from choppers, and road blockades,” writes Karen De Coster. “All over the skies of Miami at night, just a few days ago. According to this local TV clown in the video, this event was for the purposes of ‘meeting requirements,’ preparing for overseas military drills, and making sure the equipment is in check.”

In the above video, we hear the staccato of door guns pounding away as “military-style choppers” swooped a couple hundred feet above traffic on I-395 in downtown Miami.

From the local CBS disinfo ministry:

The training is designed to ensure that military personnel are able to operate in urban areas and to focus on preparations for overseas deployment. It also serves as a mandatory training certification requirement.

Source: Kurt Nimmo at Infowars.com

The U.S. military has remote training installations all over the world. Why, then, would it be necessary for them to be engaging in exercises over a major U.S. city?

all of it here
Gunships Over Miami: ?Machine Gun Fire, Strafing Runs, Troops Rappelling From Choppers, and Road Blockades? - The Coming Depression

SNIP:
Gun control advocates say deadly assault weapons have no business being on the streets of America.

But, apparently, those same people who would restrict you of your ability to defend yourself have no objections to fully loaded military gunships flying over American population centers.

That’s exactly what happened in Miami, Florida recently when the U.S. military, in conjunction with local law enforcement agencies, staged an “urban training exercise,” justifying the action as as preparation of our troops for deployment overseas.

If we’re supposedly pulling our military out of Afghanistan and Iraq, which urban environment is it that the military and local police are training for?

Military “exercises” in populated urban environments are now so routine, so commonplace, they are no longer reported by the national media and are left as “human interest” stories for local news stations.

For instance, in Miami last Thursday, units of the military industrial complex staged yet another training exercise.

“Diving Blackhawks, blank rounds of machine gun fire, strafing runs, troops rappelling from choppers, and road blockades,” writes Karen De Coster. “All over the skies of Miami at night, just a few days ago. According to this local TV clown in the video, this event was for the purposes of ‘meeting requirements,’ preparing for overseas military drills, and making sure the equipment is in check.”

In the above video, we hear the staccato of door guns pounding away as “military-style choppers” swooped a couple hundred feet above traffic on I-395 in downtown Miami.

The training is designed to ensure that military personnel are able to operate in urban areas and to focus on preparations for overseas deployment. It also serves as a mandatory training certification requirement.

The U.S. military has remote training installations all over the world. Why, then, would it be necessary for them to be engaging in exercises over a major U.S. city?

all of it here
Gunships Over Miami: ?Machine Gun Fire, Strafing Runs, Troops Rappelling From Choppers, and Road Blockades? - The Coming Depression

Uh...ever been to Ft. Irwin or Ft. Polk? Training for urban combat is a little difficult in those places, wouldn't you say?

I guess had you been alive back in the 1940's, you'd have seen some sort of conspiracy behind the Louisiana Maneuver's too, huh?

Louisiana Maneuvers (1940-41)

From the Article:
when the U.S. military, in conjunction with local law enforcement agencies,
then
The training is designed to ensure that military personnel are able to operate in urban areas and to focus on preparations for overseas deployment.

Now If the training is designed to ensure that military personnel are able to operate in urban areas, why are the local authorities involved? Sure they should know what is going on. but it appears they are also involved in the training. That my friend brings up more questions.

From the Article:
then
The training is designed to ensure that military personnel are able to operate in urban areas and to focus on preparations for overseas deployment.

Now If the training is designed to ensure that military personnel are able to operate in urban areas, why are the local authorities involved? Sure they should know what is going on. but it appears they are also involved in the training. That my friend brings up more questions.

Uh...maybe because it's THEIR city? Or, would you prefer the federal government just come in, do what they like and tell the state and local government's to screw off?

From the Article:
then

Uh...maybe because it's THEIR city? Or, would you prefer the federal government just come in, do what they like and tell the state and local government's to screw off?

Like I said, in my previous post, It is one thing to let the authorities know what is going on, but why should the Miami Police Swat Team be riding along on the helicopters. What are they training for.

Miami is not a bad place to have these exercises since most would just assume it was another TV or movie being filmed down here.

From the Article:
then

Like I said, in my previous post, It is one thing to let the authorities know what is going on, but why should the Miami Police Swat Team be riding along on the helicopters. What are they training for.

Miami is not a bad place to have these exercises since most would just assume it was another TV or movie being filmed down here.

Do you know nothing of history? When riots or civil disturbances happen (Yes, they do), the armed forces and local law enforcement have to work together. It's prudent for them to train together too, don't you think?

Perhaps if you talked to someone wbo has actually SEEN the exercises.

The helicopters are red. That is the Coast Guard.....which is a branch of the US military.

Military personnel need to be trained in open water rescue. Especially in Miami the Coast Guard and local law enforcement need to learn and practice drug interdiction. Drug interdiction also takes place off the coasts of foreign countries.

So gunships are a good thing. Miami needs training exercises. Besides, they look awesome.

Regards from Rosie

BULLSHIT!

The U.S. military and local and state law enforcement are training for CIVIL UNREST. Period.

It's coming, and it's coming soon. They know it, and those of us who don't have CRANIAL/RECTAL INVERSION know it, too.

Perhaps if you talked to someone wbo has actually SEEN the exercises.

The helicopters are red. That is the Coast Guard.....which is a branch of the US military.

Military personnel need to be trained in open water rescue. Especially in Miami the Coast Guard and local law enforcement need to learn and practice drug interdiction. Drug interdiction also takes place off the coasts of foreign countries.

So gunships are a good thing. Miami needs training exercises. Besides, they look awesome.

Regards from Rosie

Not any more. The Coast Guard is a part of the Department of Homeland Security.

BULLSHIT!

The U.S. military and local and state law enforcement are training for CIVIL UNREST. Period.

It's coming, and it's coming soon. They know it, and those of us who don't have CRANIAL/RECTAL INVERSION know it, too.

Uh...that's a pretty sure bet. Civil unrest has been a part of our history since at least the Whiskey Rebellion.

I have been waiting for the "black helicopters" to bring in the new world order since the 1980's. I wonder what is taking them so long?

Armed Citizens Make Fewer Mistakes Than Police. Police shoot innocent people over 500% more often than armed civilians do. Civilians are there when the crime or altercation began & know who the bad guy is. Police have no clue when they finally arrive on scene & end up shooting the wrong person. Police often live on the edge, they naturally tend to shoot first and ask questions later. The Supreme Court has ruled consistently that the police are not required to protect you.

"Don't think that just because the police are trained in the use of firearms that they are less likely to kill an innocent person. A University of Chicago Study revealed that in 1993 approximately 700,000 police killed 330 innocent individuals, while approximately 250,000,000 private citizens only killed 30 innocent people. Do the math. That's a per capita rate for the police, of almost 4000 times higher than the population in general. OK, that is a little misleading. Let's just include the 80,000,000 gun owning citizens. Now the police are down to only a 1200 times higher accidental shooting rate than the gun-owning population in general.

That still sounds high. So let's look at it in a different light. According to a study by Newsweek magazine, only 2% of civilian shootings involve an innocent person being shot (not killed). The error rate for police is 11%. What this means is that you are more than 5 times more likely to be accidentally shot by a policeman than by an armed citizen. But, when you consider that citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as do police every year, it means that, per capita, you are more than 11 times more likely to be accidentally shot by a policeman than by an armed citizen. That is as low as I can get that number.

The Kleck study shows that police shoot and kill around 600 criminals each year. Yet the University of Chicago study shows that police killed 330 innocent individuals in 1993. That means that for every two criminals killed by police, one innocent citizen is killed by police. Although I have the greatest respect for the police and how they must respond under pressure, I think that I would much rather trust an armed populace."

BULLSHIT!

Uh...that's a pretty sure bet. Civil unrest has been a part of our history since at least the Whiskey Rebellion.
I'll bet you WISH you could be one of those troops don't ya' OldGuy? Rappelling down into a Major American City and just open up on ANYONE with Overalls or a John Deer hat right? Hehehe! ;)

SNIP:

all of it here

So you have a problem with the people tasked with defending this country, actually practicing doing so, in this country?

Forum List

Back