Gun violence rare in U.K. compared to U.S.

BILLSANDS

Sep 14, 2018
Cleveland Ohio
The gun homicide rate in England and Wales is about one for every 1 million people, according to the Geneva Declaration of Armed Violence and Development, a multinational organization based in Switzerland.

In a population of 56 million, that adds up to about 50 to 60 gun killings annually. In the USA, by contrast, there are about 160 times as many gun homicides in a country that is roughly six times larger in population. There were 8,124 gun homicides in 2014, according to the latest FBI figures.

aw haw , so what , this is the USA and you are talking about England , Britain , the U.K. or Ireland and Wales BSands . But like i said or asked , so what BSands .

upload_2018-9-20_15-19-8.jpeg

aw haw , so what , this is the USA and you are talking about England , Britain , the U.K. or Ireland and Wales BSands . But like i said or asked , so what BSands .
thats not an argument that a bunch of childish noises
------------------------------------- i have no argument , we Americans have guns , its just the way that it is . From what i hear about Cleveland if you are in Cleveland you should have a gun or 2 also . Course i don't care if you have a gun or don't have a gun , none of my Business BSands

The gun homicide rate in England and Wales is about one for every 1 million people, according to the Geneva Declaration of Armed Violence and Development, a multinational organization based in Switzerland.

In a population of 56 million, that adds up to about 50 to 60 gun killings annually. In the USA, by contrast, there are about 160 times as many gun homicides in a country that is roughly six times larger in population. There were 8,124 gun homicides in 2014, according to the latest FBI figures.
------------------------------------ [chuckle] where did YOU go Bill Sands ?? :afro:

Also , i think that your link and sources come from foreign sources that are allowing the countries that you mention to be over run by 'muslim' refugee and other third world invaders Bill Sands .

Also , i think that your link and sources come from foreign sources that are allowing the countries that you mention to be over run by 'muslim' refugee and other third world invaders Bill Sands .
Insightful.

True. They shoot anyone and everyone in US in UK they at least punch you a few times first.

The statistics for homicides by gun in the US is about 4.62 per 100,000. Compare that with 21.9 per 100,000 in Brazil, 26.49 in El Salvador, 29.62 per 100,000 in Guatemala, 66.64 per 100,000 in Honduras, 30.38 per 100,000 in Jamaica and 59.13 per 100,000 in Venezuela and all those nations have banned the private ownership of firearms, and the US, even though awash in firearms, is positively peaceful by comparison. We're just not a violent people. There are over 300,000,000 firearms in the hands of about 90,000,000 "private" citizens who use them for hunting, target range sport and a defensive tool in the case of home robbery. I own several firearms and to date, not a one has crawled out of my safe and run amok in the community. We "millions" of firearms owners aren't committing crimes, just enjoying our sport or hunting for venison, duck, et cetera.

On the other hand... they have a lot more experience with bomb violence.

The statistics for homicides by gun in the US is about 4.62 per 100,000. Compare that with 21.9 per 100,000 in Brazil, 26.49 in El Salvador, 29.62 per 100,000 in Guatemala, 66.64 per 100,000 in Honduras, 30.38 per 100,000 in Jamaica and 59.13 per 100,000 in Venezuela and all those nations have banned the private ownership of firearms, and the US, even though awash in firearms, is positively peaceful by comparison. We're just not a violent people. There are over 300,000,000 firearms in the hands of about 90,000,000 "private" citizens who use them for hunting, target range sport and a defensive tool in the case of home robbery. I own several firearms and to date, not a one has crawled out of my safe and run amok in the community. We "millions" of firearms owners aren't committing crimes, just enjoying our sport or hunting for venison, duck, et cetera.

Very selective in the countries you choose to compare with.

Move there and take the rest of the liberal idiots with you. Get you a knife proof vest and an acid mask first.

Last edited:

I'm simply pointing out that just because countries ban the ownership of firearms, doesn't mean that it deters the determination to kill people or shrink the numbers being killed and per the ones I did select, such nations can be far more violent than the US. If our nation were so violent....being awash in guns as we are, the numbers would significantly eclipse the numbers cited in the countries mentioned. Last, there is no "logical" reason to forcefully take away so much as gun one from gun owners that never commit crimes with them, unless it's to disarm the public so that unpopular tyrannical laws can be implemented to ensure that the population would be unable to rebel.

I'm simply pointing out that just because countries ban the ownership of firearms, doesn't mean that it deters the determination to kill people or shrink the numbers being killed and per the ones I did select, such nations can be far more violent than the US. If our nation were so violent....being awash in guns as we are, the numbers would significantly eclipse the numbers cited in the countries mentioned. Last, there is no "logical" reason to forcefully take away so much as gun one from gun owners that never commit crimes with them, unless it's to disarm the public so that unpopular tyrannical laws can be implemented to ensure that the population would be unable to rebel.
You mean like when Pres Pence bans abortion ?

You mean like when Pres Pence bans abortion ?
Pence can't do that baby killer.

no comparison
population much different and poverty
...I've been to South America and Honduras --these countries are no comparison
world poverty --case closed
Percent_Poverty_World_Map.png

Last edited:

guns are used for murder/crime much, much more than self defense

If we deported all of the Democrat criminals to the UK they would have the same gun crimes

Forum List

Back