Gun Dealer Held Responsible

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
What did the gun dealer do wrong? No context was posted.

The context was in the linked article.

In essence the gun dealer knowingly abetted a straw purchase even after discovering that the real purchaser (who was paying for the gun) was a felon convicted of domestic violence and was prohibited by law from owning a weapon.

The fact that the gun dealer settled is an admission of guilt on his part too.

"According to testimony, store owners Joe and Patsy George allowed Graham to pay for a shotgun while his grandmother completed the federal purchase form, even after Graham told them he was a felon."

They should have been held as accessories to the boys death.

Read the article. The man was right there with his grandma filling out the paperwork in HER name , and the gun dealer KNEW he was convicted felon and that the gun was for him even though granny was paying for it so the paperwork was in her name.

In THIS case, the gun dealer was in the wrong.

Also, granny should have been charged as an accessory to murder. I dont know if she was or not.

Pro tip: Start reading the god damned links before you comment.

Sold a gun satisfying legal requirements but liberal judges ruled otherwise.

They have "liberal judges" in Kansas?

The gun dealer was complicit in supplying a felon with a gun that he then used to murder his own son.

The gun dealer was told by the felon that he was not allowed to own a gun at the time of the purchase.

There is nothing "liberal" about this decision.

This is about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.

Apparently you support gun dealers providing convicted felons with weapons.

The context was in the linked article.

In essence the gun dealer knowingly abetted a straw purchase even after discovering that the real purchaser (who was paying for the gun) was a felon convicted of domestic violence and was prohibited by law from owning a weapon.

The fact that the gun dealer settled is an admission of guilt on his part too.

Correct, this is completely different than if granny had went in alone and bought the gun then gave it to the grandson, and the dealer had no idea . In which case how could they possibly be responsible.

excuse me------I could be wrong----I do not know much about this stuff------but-----I thought that
a "shot gun" is not the same as-------pistols and assault rifles. Even an air gun that shoots little bird pellet things is called a "shot gun" ----right?

excuse me------I could be wrong----I do not know much about this stuff------but-----I thought that
a "shot gun" is not the same as-------pistols and assault rifles. Even an air gun that shoots little bird pellet things is called a "shot gun" ----right?

No, those are pellet guns.

One step above BB guns, high powered ones one step below a .22

No, an airgun is NOT a shotgun, in fact they aren't weapons at all as far as the firearms laws are concerned.

No, an airgun is NOT a shotgun, in fact they aren't weapons at all as far as the firearms laws are concerned.

OH ok----so felons can have them-----right?

yes.

in fact, a 12 y/o, or younger, can have one.

That is correct, you can just go right into Wal Mart and buy one, no paperwork needed.

some states won't let felons have a pellet rifle, or anything with a trigger, like a crossbow, nor a muzzleloader

yes.

in fact, a 12 y/o, or younger, can have one.

Have one yes, buy one no.

There ARE federal restrictions on pellet guns when it comes to kids.

COMMENT Federal Regulation of BB Guns Aiming to Protect Our Children

Any gun that is capable of firing at more than 340 feet per second must have a package that is clearly marked "recommended for ages 16 and up" and retailers are required to check ID for sales.

However, if you buy one for your child , it is not illegal for your child to use it, or possess it.

Very similar to say R rated movies. Kids can't buy them, but it's not illegal for them to have them.

Forum List

Back