Gun background checks for August 2017 break record, and this is a good thing....

This may be a bellwether of confidence lost in Trump by Trump's core.

Actually, it's the renewed talk of gun control from the Democrats causing the surge.
Not sold. I would be interested to see the true impetus for this. The article just references stats without reason...superficial.

Northam in Virginia, with Bloomberg's Everytown Against Guns ... oh,excuse me - Everytown for Gun Safety shipping him a half-mil for his campaign.

Just an example.

This may be a bellwether of confidence lost in Trump by Trump's core.

Actually, it's the renewed talk of gun control from the Democrats causing the surge.
Not sold. I would be interested to see the true impetus for this. The article just references stats without reason...superficial.

Northam in Virginia, with Bloomberg's Everytown Against Guns ... oh,excuse me - Everytown for Gun Safety shipping him a half-mil for his campaign.

Just an example.
I apologize, I'm not tracking.

Good. In a country as careless and casual as ours is about guns, it's better to have a gun to defend yourself with than not. Even the pettiest of thieves will have a gun here, since they're so easy to get.

See...this is why you are dumb. Americans are not careless about guns.....our gun accident rate is going down, not up, our gun crime rate is going down, not up...you have no clue what you are talking about.

The problem we have...is people like you, who refuse to lock up violent criminals, and allow them back on the streets over and over again, and then you think you are doing something important by making more laws making it harder for law abiding people to own and carry guns....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Forum List

Back