Guess Who had CLOSER ties to the Russians during the Campaign..

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
Honestly -- never intended to get in the middle of this lunchroom brawl, but the wife was digging for info on the Caterpillar raid today and just brought me a Wiki article that blew my mind. I don't KNOW where this leads, but the fact that this NEVER SURFACED in all this cat screeching goin on worries me..

Podesta Group - Wikipedia

The Podesta Group is a lobbying and public affairs firm based in Washington, D.C.. It was founded in 1988 by brothers John Podesta and Tony Podesta and has previously been known as Podesta Associates, podesta.com and PodestaMattoon.[1][2][3] The firm most recently reorganized in January 2007 after current Chairman Tony Podesta split with former business partner Dan Mattoon.[3]

They also received revenue of $900,000 over the last two years from the "European Centre for a Modern Ukraine, a Brussels-based organization sympathetic to Viktor Yanukovych and his political party".[13]

They also represent the interests of Russia's largest financial institution Sberbank of Russia, which controls approximately 30 percent of Russian banking assets.[14]

OK --- any of that get your attention or is NEWS to you?? :badgrin:

The Ukranian guy was the twice deposed "russian clone" who had ties to Paul Manafort as well. Aint' that rich?? You don't suppose that's why Manafort "had to go"......................

And a client who controls 30% of Russian banking assets?? That would be worth the NY Times or NPR investigating huh.. It gets better and I only spent a 1/2 hour on this.. From Salon --- no right winger lap dog media outlet. Probably in their "Bernie is getting screwed days"...

With Saudi and Russian ties, Clinton machine’s tentacles are far reaching, according to Panama Papers

FRIDAY, APR 8, 2016 01:21 PM CDT

With Saudi and Russian ties, Clinton machine’s tentacles are far reaching, according to Panama Papers
The Podesta Group, a lobbying firm headed by Clinton operatives, has made a pretty penny working for Saudi & Russia

A key gear in the Clinton machine that has sucked in hundreds of thousands of dollars lobbying on behalf of the Saudi absolute monarchy has also worked for Russia’s biggest bank.

The Podesta Group is one of the most influential Democratic Party-linked lobbyists in the U.S. And it is headed by a top Hillary Clinton fundraiser who has been referred to as the “Hillary moneyman.”

Sberbank, the largest financial institution in Eastern Europe, hired the Podesta Group to help powder up its public image, The Observer reports.

This is just one of the many findings in the so-called Panama Papers, a trove of 11.5 million documents that expose how political and economic elites from around the planet are stashing their money in secretive tax havens.

In March, the Podesta Group registered with the U.S. government as a lobbyist for Sberbank.

The bank plays an enormous role in the Russian economy. It controls almost 30 percent of Russia’s aggregate banking assets, employs a quarter-million people and “is functionally an arm of the Kremlin, although it’s ostensibly a private institution,” The Observer notes.

In his report on the Clinton machine’s ties to Saudi Arabia, Isikoff also notes that two “of the Clinton lobbyist-bundlers, Richard Sullivan and David Jones, are principals in a firm that, until late last year, represented the Russia Direct Investment Fund, a sovereign wealth fund co-founded by Vladimir Putin when he was prime minister.”

So lemme get this straight. NO substantial business ties have been found to the Trump campaign (except maybe for Manafort) BUT --- You have the Podesta Group picking up Lobbying tasks for the LARGEST RUSKIE BANK and bringing them on as a client DURING the primaries !!!

How the fuck do we NOT know this? Why aren't the alarm bells going off in BOTH directions? And why didn't the Trump campaign retaliate with all this knowledge when OBVIOUSLY guys like Manafort and Flynn are FULLY aware of these TIGHT Russian ties on the Clinton side?

Enquiring minds want to know. But I FEAR --- something much BIGGER is afoot here and there's probably an American Oligarchy war going that us peons aren't privvy to...

IMG_0210.JPG
More wagging the dog.
Hilarious.
This country is knee deep in this Trump Russian scandal and all you bed wetters can do is point to Hillary.

You're not too obvious. Lol

Link from April 8, 2016.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
and the comrades just keep getting more desperate by the day.

Thread fail. I mean GIANT thread fail.

View attachment 115169 More wagging the dog.
Hilarious.
This country is knee deep in this Trump Russian scandal and all you bed wetters can do is point to Hillary.

You're not too obvious. Lol

It's a scandal with the Democrat lunatics. Figure it out. Anything to keep Trump busy, thats their plan all along, doesn't matter how much they make up, it's pretty effective when the media is in agreement with the DNC. Did I say agreement? the media worships the DNC

Now it all makes sense why the Dems chose to make so many pre-emptive strikes.

The Uranium to Russia.

The money to Iran to buy it from Russia

The Millions Russia donated to The Clinton Foundation.

The Russian ties to the 64 Million given to The Obamas for a Book Deal

And now Podesta in bed with Russia too.

Link from April 8, 2016.

You didn't read any of that did you? The Podesta Group was just HIRED by that largest Russian in March of 16. During the primaries. I assume they LOBBIED for them all during the campaign. And the ties of 900,000 bucks to the Ukranian Russian tool President is MORE than anything substantial tied to the Trump campaign..

That bank and the Russian Investment Company co-founded by PUTIN are essentially government/private entities closely tied to the Kremlin.

Last edited:
flacaltenn you realize we have no clue about Trump's actual ties to Russia... because he won't release his taxes. :rolleyes:

That's speculation. You were just told that John Podesta was registered as LOBBYIST for the largest Russian bank with ties to the Kremlin and they also took money from an outfit favorite to a russian puppet in the Ukraine.

That's NOT speculation.. . So WHY the hell isn't there MASSIVE retaliation on this phony "Russian ties" BullShit?

Something bigger is afoot here.

All that shit about the Clintons may well be true, but the current situation is that the POTUS is evading any disclosure of his financial dealings, and his party machine has had apparently extensive dealings with the Russians.
The Clintons have been dispatched to the toilet-bowl of history, and good fucking riddance to them!
Now we have to worry about the lying, cheating flim-flam man in the WH.

Link from April 8, 2016.

You didn't read any of that did you? The Podesta was just HIRED by that largest Russian in March of 16. During the primaries. I assume they LOBBIED for them all during the campaign. And the ties of 900,000 bucks to the Ukranian Russian tool President is MORE than anything substantial tied to the Trump campaign..

That bank and the Russian Investment Company co-founded by PUTIN are essentially government/private entities closely tied to the Kremlin.
Amazing how you Americans suck up to the Despot Putin,I suppose you can no longer stand on your own two feet these days,oh long forgotten leaders of the world...the humiliation of it all..steve

Link from April 8, 2016.

You didn't read any of that did you? The Podesta was just HIRED by that largest Russian in March of 16. During the primaries. I assume they LOBBIED for them all during the campaign. And the ties of 900,000 bucks to the Ukranian Russian tool President is MORE than anything substantial tied to the Trump campaign..

Amazing how you Americans suck up to the Despot Putin,I suppose you can no longer stand on your own two feet these days,oh long forgotten leaders of the world...the humiliation of it all..steve

Obviously Steve, my bud -- there is a LOT of sucking going on. And don't you think we Americans deserve to watch every titillating bit of it??? :badgrin:

Last edited:
But the Podesta Group isn't denying and covering up the nature of its relationship with the noted bank.
the Podesta Group registered with the U.S. government as a lobbyist for Sberbank.
Unlike Trump, Kushner, Flynn, Sessions, maybe others in the Trump Organization, Podesta's firm didn't when asked expressly about it:
  • Deny having conversations/relationships with Russians
  • Attest to and later deny having a relationship with Putin
  • Attest to knowing Putin and later deny the same thing
  • Tell a Senate committee they had no contact with Russians when less than a year thus they had.
Podesta owned and properly notified the U.S. government of his involvement. It is all out in the open. The Podesta Group wasn't trying to hide the fact that it has/had that relationship. Can anyone say that of Trump and his cronies? No! Not with a straight face, and not unless they are as good a fibber as Trump.

If anyone were so concerned about it, they not only had federal filings and congressional meeting schedules to plumb to get more details, they also could have just asked about them. The matter was reported by Salon, not a random USMB member's one off post. Did Fox pick up the story and press it? Did any GOP officials make an issue out of it?

But the Podesta Group isn't denying and covering up the nature of its relationship with the noted bank.
the Podesta Group registered with the U.S. government as a lobbyist for Sberbank.
Unlike Trump, Kushner, Flynn, Sessions, maybe others in the Trump Organization, Podesta's firm didn't when asked expressly about it:
  • Deny having conversations/relationships with Russians
  • Attest to and later deny having a relationship with Putin
  • Attest to knowing Putin and later deny the same thing
  • Tell a Senate committee they had no contact with Russians when less than a year thus they had.
Podesta owned and properly notified the U.S. government of his involvement. It is all out in the open. The Podesta Group wasn't trying to hide the fact that it has/had that relationship. Can anyone say that of Trump and his cronies? No! Not with a straight face, and not unless they are as good a fibber as Trump.

If anyone were so concerned about it, they not only had federal filings and congressional meeting schedules to plumb to get more details, they also could have just asked about them. The matter was reported by Salon, not a random USMB member's one off post. Did Fox pick up the story and press it? Did any GOP officials make an issue out of it?

Actually -- no one has FOUND any ties of this magnitude to the Trump campaign. This is a SOLID conflict if the measurement is gonna be that ties to the Russians and Kremlin and Kremlin interests is a bad thing. I don't particularly subscribe to that -- but let's be consistent. To me -- it looks like the old Madison Avenue ploy of advertising that your competitor does things of which YOU are completely guilty. And letting the competitor stew in the juice.

Seems to me that MERE CONVERSATIONS with Russian officials and interests has now been deemed close to treason (again I don't neccessarily agree) and yet you have all of Ms Clinton's Uranium deals and her chief fundraiser and campaign mgr LOBBYING for what is close to being the state bank of Russia? The hypocrisy alone would kill me if I wasn't so interested in finding out WHY the Trump org refused to retaliate on this.

Now -- PERHAPS (sheer speculation) -- the reason they didn't clobber PODESTA and those clinton bundlers managing that Putin Investment company IS that BOTH SIDES are tightly tied. I'll give you those possibilities and I want to remain alive long enough to see THAT WAR erupt..

Link from April 8, 2016.

Obviously Steve, my bud -- there is a LOT of sucking going on. And don't you think we Americans deserve to every bit of it???

I agree Flacc but it is one thing to suck off a woman BUT totally different to suck off a 60+ year old former KGB Operative.steve

Link from April 8, 2016.

Obviously Steve, my bud -- there is a LOT of sucking going on. And don't you think we Americans deserve to every bit of it???

I agree Flacc but it is one thing to suck off a woman BUT totally different to suck off a 60+ year old former KGB Operative.steve

Link from April 8, 2016.

Yeah Putin is a real threat to AussieLand. That's where we're all headed when this whole sordid battle erupts. Find me a nice place on the Little River. I have friends there.

Link from April 8, 2016.

It was as soon as you entered it. How does that make you feel?

Forum List

Back