Grieg.

I would think variations on a theme, or themes should have more--- ahhhh ----- variation, Many people adore Grieg's work, and he was an adequate composer, but I can't help thinking he was a little over rated. Of course you know what they say about opinions, but for what it's worth, that's mine..

I would think variations on a theme, or themes should have more--- ahhhh ----- variation, Many people adore Grieg's work, and he was an adequate composer, but I can't help thinking he was a little over rated. Of course you know what they say about opinions, but for what it's worth, that's mine..
he managed to compose a few pieces that are considered classics like Peer Gynt and he is probably the greatest composer that Norway has ever produced....

he managed to compose a few pieces that are considered classics like Peer Gynt and he is probably the greatest composer that Norway has ever produced....

I can't, and won't even try to point out any technical flaws in his work. I just don't feel the emotion in his music. I'm not mad if you do.

I can't, and won't even try to point out any technical flaws in his work. I just don't feel the emotion in his music. I'm not mad if you do.
outside of PG and maybe one other of his works i dont know if i have heard other things...

• Banned

Solveig's Song doesn't move you, in some way?

Solveig's Song doesn't move you, in some way?

Thank you. I wasn't aware of that piece, and I can only go by what little I am familiar with.

• Banned
Guys.

I am now watching a live broadcast from London's Royal Albert Hall - Promenade Concert.

Rachmaninov's Symphonic Dances.

I'm familiar with Rachmaninov, but this is the first time I've heard this piece.

Forum List

Back