Greenpeace Founder: No Scientific Proof for Global Warming

It should be about 12C. which is what it was in the mid 1800s. It is currently about 13.5C

It should be about 12C. which is what it was in the mid 1800s. It is currently about 13.5C
Interesting. There are other views, like from here:
The average surface temperature on Earth is approximately 7.2°C, though (as already noted) this varies. For instance, the hottest temperature ever recorded on Earth was 70.7°C (159°F),...
--or maybe from here:
The average surface temperature on Earth is approximately 14°C; but as already noted, this varies. For instance, the hottest temperature ever recorded on Earth was 70.7°C (159°F), which was taken...
--or even from here:
That would put the planet's average surface temperature in 2017 at 58.62 F (14.9 C)
--but u say they're all wrong & ur numbers best.

fwiw, we get a lot more agreement over the sun's surface temp:
The Sun is a G2V star, with G2 indicating its surface temperature of approximately 5,778 K (5,505 °C, 9,941 °F), and V that it, like most stars, is a main-sequence star. The average
--a precision down to 4 decimal places w/ widespread agreement.

At any rate, weren't we hotter a thousand years ago and hotter still two thousand years ago? I mean, where was all the suffering & death then?

I've had my share of idiots today. Go read something.
lol!! don't worry, I understand completely.

Actually, I was just dealing with a dachshund we had taken in from a neighbor. We had all been away when my daughter came home and found him trying to kill a cat we've had for 14 years. We'll be taking the cat to the vet in a little bit.

When I provided you a temperature, it was simply an estimate as to what the Earth's temperature would be if we had never burned any fossil fuel. I was not proposing that 12C is the ideal temperature for the planet and its inhabitants. The problem with global warming is not the absolute temperature, per se. It is the RATE OF CHANGE. That is a crucial point, hold on to it.

Forum List

Back