Green Disaster bearing down on Germany

Read......do you think an economy where energy is a luxury item conducive to a strong economy .....sounds like war on the poor.....

Energy policy has been such idiocy for so long, how can anyone expect it to be reasonably untangled now? Sacrifices will have to be made. As usual, the wrong people will be making the wrong sacrifices for the wrong reasons.

Read......do you think an economy where energy is a luxury item conducive to a strong economy .....sounds like war on the poor.....

I've read. You seem to be incapable of answering questions. Do you expect a grid collapse? If so, by when?

Nice tangential question....... Which doesn't require an answer...do you think luxury power is fair.....love that word .....

Energy policy has been such idiocy for so long, how can anyone expect it to be reasonably untangled now? Sacrifices will have to be made. As usual, the wrong people will be making the wrong sacrifices for the wrong reasons.

Obama needs to set an example. No more jetting around the world. The only modes of transportation he should be allowed is those that use energy created by Solyndra.

Nice tangential question....... Which doesn't require an answer...do you think luxury power is fair.....love that word .....

You are taking for granted an article which claims that a grid collapse will occur and used that term yourself. Hardly tangential.

I'm not by the way sure what "luxury power" is, but I do think there's a danger in high energy costs being effectively like a highly regressive tax. The solution to that by the way is not to keep energy costs low just to help people but to rather have high energy costs and a decent enough welfare system that people in the lower income brackets are still ok.

Now, do you want to answer my question? Do you think a grid collapse is going to occur in Germany? If so, by when?

You are taking for granted an article which claims that a grid collapse will occur and used that term yourself. Hardly tangential.

I'm not by the way sure what "luxury power" is, but I do think there's a danger in high energy costs being effectively like a highly regressive tax. The solution to that by the way is not to keep energy costs low just to help people but to rather have high energy costs and a decent enough welfare system that people in the lower income brackets are still ok.

Now, do you want to answer my question? Do you think a grid collapse is going to occur in Germany? If so, by when?

The solution to high energy costs is not lower energy costs?

What planet do you live on?

Earth, last I checked. If you actually make energy costs really low or close to zero then poor people are terrible at saving the energy and use far more. For example, in Puerto Rico, if one is on welfare (which is a large fraction of the population) one doesn't need to pay for utilities. This means they run their air conditioners all day, leave lights on, etc. And the end result is that the electricity cost ends up going up for everyone else. To get responsible energy behavior it is better to have energy actually cost and to make the poor people have a decent safety net. This essentially lets the market forces actually work. (Oddly enough this is a policy that apparently both many liberals and many conservatives are not ok with).

Earth, last I checked. If you actually make energy costs really low or close to zero then poor people are terrible at saving the energy and use far more. For example, in Puerto Rico, if one is on welfare (which is a large fraction of the population) one doesn't need to pay for utilities. This means they run their air conditioners all day, leave lights on, etc. And the end result is that the electricity cost ends up going up for everyone else. To get responsible energy behavior it is better to have energy actually cost and to make the poor people have a decent safety net. This essentially lets the market forces actually work. (Oddly enough this is a policy that apparently both many liberals and many conservatives are not ok with).

Thanks for demonstrating that you're a numskull. Energy costs are high even for the middle class. Making them higher may be satisfying to environmental nutburgers like you, but most of use don't want to spend half our take-home pay on the utility bill.

Thanks for demonstrating that you're a numskull. Energy costs are high even for the middle class. Making them higher may be satisfying to environmental nutburgers like you, but most of use don't want to spend half our take-home pay on the utility bill.

Wanting energy costs to not be very near zero is not the same thing as wanting energy costs to be very high. In any event, a big part of my concern actually in this case isn't environmental: keeping low energy costs forces the US and its allies to get into wasteful wars and other activities. Having people actually have to pay to some minimal amount to reflect the military costs they are using is what is most relevant here.

The current middle class it is worth noting is highly energy inefficient: if much of the middle class didn't use clothes dryers and instead hung clothing to dry that would by itself be a drastic reduction in energy use. At the end of the day, having the government artificially keep down energy costs is a problem.

The term grid collapse is not present in post one......try again.

It isn't in post one. It is in your own which I asked the question about in the first place when you said:

Course not....did you read....states they are in danger of losing half of their coal and gas which will collapse their grid and economy because the greenie power can't reliably power it

Why do you persist in avoiding this question?

The disaster is not having been sane about 'dirty' energy and gone 'green' a very long time ago.

The catch is that other sources of energy have low energy returns and quantity. Meanwhile, oil production costs remain high due to peak oil. Finally, AGW has been confirmed not only by science organizations but even by various business organizations and military forces.
No costs remain high because of inadequate refining facilities.

Forum List

Back