Greatest Drummer (Percussionist) of All Time

Thank God you included the descriptor "percussionist". I would NEVER have figured this out.

Pupps' nomination, Carl Palmer. Below is from 2009, at 59 years of age, the others still can't touch him.

I'll look for a video on him. Those spastic vids make me sea sick.

I saw Whiplash not along ago. Difficult movie to watch because the music teacher played an asshole so well but it was worth hanging in there.

Last edited:
Ginger Baker is definitely in the top 10.

I don't think he was ever better than Bonham however.
I do. So was Keith Moon.

Bonham was powerful and had great stamina, Moon was every bit as powerful, faster, and had better improvisational creativity. Baker was just a tad, and a very small tad at that, better than moon. But I believe that Peart is the best ever.

Got to tell you -- my all time favorite drummer is Dino Danelli from the Young Rascals. One the most under-appreciated drummers in Rock history. He blew me away every time on solos. If you get bored, in this 13 minutes, skip around, he's amazing. And you could tell from the studio tracks how expressive he was with the standard stuff.

Got to tell you -- my all time favorite drummer is Dino Danelli from the Young Rascals. One the most under-appreciated drummers in Rock history. He blew me away every time on solos. If you get bored, in this 13 minutes, skip around, he's amazing. And you could tell from the studio tracks how expressive he was with the standard stuff.

Yes, he was a very good drummer. Watch this Peart video, the solo starts at 3:58 but it get's interesting at the 5:30 mark.

Yes, he was a very good drummer. Watch this Peart video, the solo starts at 3:58 but it get's interesting at the 5:30 mark.

Fantastic. If you close your eyes towards the end, you'd swear he had 3 feet..

Forum List

Back