GREAT: Stocks Hit Record Highs On Stronger-Than-Expected Earnings...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
America is on a roll. Great again! :dance:

U.S. equities hit all-time highs on Wednesday on the back of stronger-than-expected quarterly earnings results.

The Dow Jones industrial average traded 97 points higher and rose as much as 181 points. The S&P 500 also reached an all-time high.

"We've got a pretty good earnings season under way," said Randy Frederick, vice president of trading and derivatives at Charles Schwab. "It's early but the percentage of beats we've seen thus far is pretty good."

Of the S&P 500 companies that had reported as of Tuesday morning, 77 percent have beaten earnings estimates, while 80 percent have topped revenue expectations, according to FactSet...

Stocks hit record highs on stronger-than-expected earnings
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

It is a lot of fun to open up the portfolio these days and see the gains building and building.

Hopefully I have the right mixture to ride out the inevitable “correction” we will see sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

It is a lot of fun to open up the portfolio these days and see the gains building and building.

Hopefully I have the right mixture to ride out the inevitable “correction” we will see sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Here's one thought: We're using trailing stop limit orders for clients at 5%.

So a security (we're using SCHB) can follow the market up as far as it wants to go, but automatically sells if it drops 5% from wherever it is at that time. The theory here is that, if the market were to drop 5%, we'd see at least another 5% to 10% correction because there are some nervous nellies out there.

Just a thought.

There will be a shakeout soon so make sure your positions have great fundamentals. Bullish to bearish sentiment is going the wrong way but 70% of losses hit in the Jewish high holy days Sept/Oct but no major problems before then seems likely.

There will be a shakeout soon so make sure your positions have great fundamentals. Bullish to bearish sentiment is going the wrong way but 70% of losses hit in the Jewish high holy days Sept/Oct but no major problems before then seems likely.

Folks should prepare for a correction of some kind though. Always be prepared.

Forum List

Back