Great news for Crimson Tide fans! For the rest of the football fans....well, not so much.

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
Nick Saban signed an 3 year extension. He will be coaching at Alabama thru January of 2025.

Other fans will be dismayed, but all I can say is ROLL TIDE!!!

Making killer money too!
"Saban will receive a $4 million signing bonus and make $6.725 million in salary this year. He gets another $400,000 bonus for completing the season, bringing his total compensation for the year to $11.125 million. He has completion bonuses in each year of the contract, culminating in a $3.6 million payout after the 2021 season before going back down to $400,000 per year in subsequent seasons."

Well goody for him..Doesn't mean that Bama can't be beaten...

Of course we can be beaten. There has been only one undefeated season since Saban took over, and TN almost beat us that year.

But the success Coach Saban has had is pretty much unprecedented.

Of course we can be beaten. There has been only one undefeated season since Saban took over, and TN almost beat us that year.

Yeah, they have been...But it is not uncommon in the history of college football not to have a dominate team for several years and then go back to the regularities of being normal..

Yeah, they have been...But it is not uncommon in the history of college football not to have a dominate team for several years and then go back to the regularities of being normal..

As a lifelong Tide fan who remained loyal thru the ugly years between Coach Stallings and Coach Saban, I have no problem celebrating the amazing run Bama is having. Bama can be beaten. Hell, Ole Miss did it 2 years in a row. But I love what Saban has done at the UA and I'm thrilled to see it continue.

And anyone who thinks other SEC teams are happy to see Saban stay are delusional.

Good for Saban and Alabama.
Funny how the head football coaching position is the most important government job (using money as a measure) in many of our states.
But it is what it is. Football brings in a lot of money to the university, so paying for the best coach possible does make sense.

As a lifelong Tide fan who remained loyal thru the ugly years between Coach Stallings and Coach Saban, I have no problem celebrating the amazing run Bama is having. Bama can be beaten. Hell, Ole Miss did it 2 years in a row. But I love what Saban has done at the UA and I'm thrilled to see it continue.

And anyone who thinks other SEC teams are happy to see Saban stay are delusional.
I am sure that the SEC teams will just have to deal with it best they can..

I'm sure they will.

I'm sure they will.
I know that OU needs to change the coaching staff..The players are getting out of hand..

Nick Saban signed an 3 year extension. He will be coaching at Alabama thru January of 2025.

Making killer money too!
"Saban will receive a $4 million signing bonus and make $6.725 million in salary this year. He gets another $400,000 bonus for completing the season, bringing his total compensation for the year to $11.125 million. He has completion bonuses in each year of the contract, culminating in a $3.6 million payout after the 2021 season before going back down to $400,000 per year in subsequent seasons."

And even better news...Alabama no longer has to face Deshaun Watson.

Making killer money too!

As a Clemson grad, I am interested in seeing how well Clemson can "reload". Alabama seems to be able to "reload" very well.

Making killer money too!

As a Clemson grad, I am interested in seeing how well Clemson can "reload". Alabama seems to be able to "reload" very well.

The only thing I know about Clemson I learned in the days after the draft watching Deshaun Watson/Clemson videos on youtube.

Hope he can do the same thing in Houston. :texflag:

Making killer money too!

We faced him twice. Won once & lost once. Both were great games.

Making killer money too!

That two minute drive was impressive. I hope his talent translates to the NFL.

Making killer money too!

That two minute drive was impressive. I hope his talent translates to the NFL.

He is an amazing talent.

The previous year he gave Alabama all they wanted and then some too. Had Clemson won it would have been remembered as one of the single greatest performances by a college player. But they lost.

And those really were some ugly years! Dubose, Shula, who else?
Finebaum said yesterday that Saban is worth about 100 mil. But, he's worth every penny.

And those really were some ugly years! Dubose, Shula, who else?
Finebaum said yesterday that Saban is worth about 100 mil. But, he's worth every penny.

They really were some ugly years. Franchione wasn't a bad coach. But he was an asshole for convincing the players to stay and then bailing out himself. Mike DuBose was a disaster. He gave us a 3-8 season during his time there. Mike Price was hired and then fired before he ever coached a game. Mike Shua did well as a player, but was clueless as a head coach. My son was at the UA during that time. A player told him that Shula sent in a play during a game and then turned and asked a player "That's right, isn't it?".

I remember when Saban was hired for $4 million a year and people went ballistic. By the 8th game of the 2008 season, the Univ of Alabama had brought in $32 million in merchandising fees. We have been making big profits since. The last number I saw was for 2015 (I think) and the Crimson Tide had a profit of $46 million. Which is used to support the entire athletic dept and also the general student funds.

Forum List

Back