Grassy lawns are outlawed in Las Vegas to save water

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
they have a story about in the new york times...i swear to god, what will they think of next?

Many years ago in San Diego we were suffering through a drought. If your address was an even number you'd get to water your lawn on Mondays and Thursdays. If it was an odd number you got to water your lawn on Tuesdays and Fridays. Watering on any other day carried a hefty fine...

Many years ago in San Diego we were suffering through a drought. If your address was an even number you'd get to water your lawn on Mondays and Thursdays. If it was an odd number you got to water your lawn on Tuesdays and Fridays. Watering on any other day carried a hefty fine...
Many years ago I shot Canon. These days I use Sony. In between we shot Fuji. I have not, however, gone mirrorless. Too many lenses to replace.

Looking at those overhead shots of Lakes Mead and Powell I would have thought water rationing would be at an even more severe phase by now. There are lots of lawns in San Diego - all of southern California really - landscaped in a desert style or fashionably xeriscaped. I should think that would be spreading rapidly these days. Not cheap or easy. Perhaps local and state governments could provide tax breaks for folks making such changes, based on before and after water consumption.

Many years ago I shot Canon. These days I use Sony. In between we shot Fuji. I have not, however, gone mirrorless. Too many lenses to replace.

I've been shooting Canon since the 70's. At this point, like you, I would have too much glass to replace if I were to switch systems. My daughter was shooting with a Canon 5D MKIII, but switched over to Sony for the video capabilities.

I do have a Fuji X100F that I really dig:

x-100f_main.png

Forum List

Back