Graphic Photos Sorry!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FRIKSHUN, Jun 10, 2012.

1. FRIKSHUN

FRIKSHUN VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Sorry for posting this but these wolves are out there and doing so much damage to the farmers/ranchers!

Attached Files:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    I see it as wolves being wolves... dont like them, dont live amoungst them :dunno:

I hate seeing the beautiful creatures being killed for doing what nature would have them do... being a predator.

Those pics suck... just my opinion though.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. FRIKSHUN

FRIKSHUN VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37
    “Wolves and wolf management have nothing to do with wolves,” says Ed Bangs, Northern Rockies Wolf Recovery Coordinator for the US Fish and Wildlife Service. “I think the folks who didn’t like them still don’t like them, and the folks who did like them still do. Wolves are mainly a symbolic issue that relates to core human values … I think the only reason wolf reintroduction finally happened was that people with different values moved to Montana and diluted the strong agricultural influence. Plus, the economy changed from straight agriculture and natural resource consumption to areas such as tourism. …I think in time the debate will get less shrill because living with ‘real’ wolves does moderate the strong and highly polarized, all-bad or all-good opinions.”

Bringing Back the Pack

Gray wolf populations were extirpated from the western U.S. by the 1930s, at the hands of the government agents, people who shot wolves to earn the government-paid bounty, and ranchers attempting to protect livestock—some of whose descendants continue to ranch the same lands today. In later decades, wolves from Canada occasionally walked south into Montana and Idaho, but they failed to survive long enough to reproduce.

The rise of environmentalism and specifically the passage of the Endangered Species Act (ESA) in 1973 created a new atmosphere for wolf advocacy. Organizations including Defenders of Wildlife and the National Wildlife Federation spearheaded a successful effort to have wolves listed as “endangered” under the ESA’s provisions. Not only were bounty programs discontinued, but also it became illegal to kill wolves. In addition, the federal government became obligated to implement a plan for the recovery of the wolf population.

edited

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2012
  4. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,403

Just wondering about your pics.

The first one looks like a wolf shoot.... nothing there with wolves damaging the farmers ranchers.

The second one is a bear shoot..... nothing there with wolves damaging the farmers ranchers.

I am not sure what animal the pic is... but it sure doesn't look like live stock to me.... so again.. nothing there with the wolves damaging the farmers or ranchers.

5. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,403
    And just an FYI on your second post.... a snip of the piece and a link would do just fine. I am not sure if you are allowed to post something in its entirety.

6. FRIKSHUN

FRIKSHUN VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37
    You’re probably one that of those type of folks that thinks your beef is being grown in the back of the store next to the chickens laying eggs, next to the cow that’s being milked, next to the pig that’s being cut up to bring a pork chop to your dinner table.

7. FRIKSHUN

FRIKSHUN VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Ok, I can delete this if I need to, sorry. Just speaking the truth to Infidel.

8. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,403

Are you speaking to me or infidel?

As or me...... I am under no allusions as to were my food comes from...or how it gets to my table.

I don't think food is produced in nice plastic trays all covered in plastic wrap. Food... livestock's... is a bloody business.... and predators have been part of that bloody business since the first domesticated livestock was kept.

9. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,403

Its a copy right thing...and part of the TOS. No need to be sorry.....

10. FRIKSHUN

FRIKSHUN VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37
    It's out of control!! They are a BEAUTIFUL animal, but the destruction ought to weighs the destruction they are causing here and it’s getting worse.

Attached Files: