Grand Funk was fucking awesome

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Rolling Stone hated them and was on a jihad to convince everyone that Grand Funk sucked. I remember being in the "yeah, they suck" camp for no reason other than that's what we were told by the music critics. I'm listening to "I'm your Captain" and they were fucking awesome.

Rolling Stone can blow me standing up, 4 decades too late.

E Pluribus Funk was a great album. Really cool looking too since they made it look like a giant coin.
GRANDFUNK.jpeg

Saw `em at Freedom Hall in Louisville early `70's

... tickets were $4...

... their opening band was...

... REO Speedwagon.

This is my favorite. Saw them one time and what I remember most was the lead singers bright red bell bottom jump suit. There were only three guys onstage making this music. This song is so basic and simple. It incorporates gospel,with rock and roll which is a real feat for the time it was in. If this can’t get your blood moving, nothing will.

I wasn't alive or I was too young when they were actually a band, but I've heard many of their songs, and I've always thought they were really good. Why would Rolling Stone say they sucked? That is obviously not true at all! :eusa_eh:

from 69 to 72 Grand Funk was on top of the hard rock world.... raw unadulterated hard rock....better live than in the studio....

Forum List

Back