‘Government-Run’ Nonsense and other dubious right wing lies shot down

Can you drive a car without car insurance? No, your BS is refuted and yes, universal health care was the idea of the Republicans first retard, so your leftist rhetorical BS doesn't fly here, pull your head out of your rectum.

As has been pointed out 1000 times...you can chose not to drive a car and so there is no requirement for insurance. O.K. Did we get that one straight ?

Next, it has already been shown and pretty much agreed to that if the GOP wanted universal health care they would have passed it with Bush and his spend happy congress.

You heard the idea in response to Hillarycare...when Hillarycare died so did the GOP suggestions.

Here is a clue: They didn't want it.

So before you ask others to extract their heads.....

Ron Paul said he'd let you die.

And I don't begrudge him that at all.

Now you're a retard, letting people die is ok?

And you are a jackass...why don't you read and comprehend before you let your crooked little fingers loose on the keyboard.

I am O.K. with him saying he will let me die. I have every intention of taking care of myself and don't need his help.

Oh for the days when education meant something.

Can you drive a car without car insurance? No, your BS is refuted and yes, universal health care was the idea of the Republicans first retard, so your leftist rhetorical BS doesn't fly here, pull your head out of your rectum.

As has been pointed out 1000 times...you can chose not to drive a car and so there is no requirement for insurance. O.K. Did we get that one straight ?

Next, it has already been shown and pretty much agreed to that if the GOP wanted universal health care they would have passed it with Bush and his spend happy congress.

You heard the idea in response to Hillarycare...when Hillarycare died so did the GOP suggestions.

I've never seen someone so stubbornly damn stupid and brainwashed by the right, the individual mandate was originally the idea of the GOP as counter against the Democrats wanting a mandate that all employers provide health insurance for its workers. Mark Pauly, a conservative, originally came up with the idea.

Republicans Spurn Once-Favored Health Mandate : NPR

Ezra Klein - An interview with Mark Pauly, father of the individual mandate

The GOP originally wanted the individual mandate as a measure against the single payer systems that Democrats wanted and no one from the GOP questioned its constitutionality when it was proposed, now everyone wants to play like they're constitutional patriots and lawyers. The individual mandate was drawn up more as a tax, Marn Pualy the father of the individual mandate even says that.

Last edited:

I've never seen someone so stubbornly damn stupid and brainwashed by the right, the individual mandate was originally the idea of the GOP as counter against the Democrats wanting a mandate that all employers provide health insurance for its workers. Mark Pauly, a conservative, originally came up with the idea.

The GOP originally wanted the individual mandate as a measure against the single payer systems that Democrats wanted and no one from the GOP questioned its constitutionality when it was proposed, now everyone wants to play like they're constitutional patriots and lawyers. The individual mandate was drawn up more as a tax, Marn Pualy the father of the individual mandate even says that.

Whine all you want moron....you said it yourself...it was counter to Hillarycare. When Hillarycare died.....the GOP let their proposal die too.

If the GOP truly wanted federally funded healthcare, then they would have run on it and easily passed it in 2000. But they didn't did they ? Why not ?

Answer: They didn't want it.

If you don't understand the difference, talk to your local school board.

Whine all you want moron....you said it yourself...it was counter to Hillarycare. When Hillarycare died.....the GOP let their proposal die too.

If the GOP truly wanted federally funded healthcare, then they would have run on it and easily passed it in 2000. But they didn't did they ? Why not ?

BS, the individual mandate that you retards keep calling "leftist" and unconstitutional was originally proposed by Republicans *BEFORE* anything like "Hillarycare" existed and even Obama himself opposed the individual mandate before he flip flopped and signed it into law, but yes, it was originally a Republican idea and even heavily proposed by the Heritage Foundation:

History of the Individual Health Insurance Mandate, 1989-2010 - Health Care Reform - ProCon.org

How about if I simply say, I don't want health insurance....period.

I don't want so called "Obamacare" or any other kind of "care" meaning insurance.

I won't have the option of not having it...will I ?
Ron Paul said he'd let you die.

Link/Quote?

There isn't one. It's bullshit. It's from the debate where Wolf Blitzer demagogued a question referring to a sick man without insurance:

(from the transcript)
Wolf Blitzer: "Are you saying society should just let him die?" (because of course the only two options are mandatory insurance and people dying in the gutter)
Ron Paul: "No"

Apparently some asshats audience said "Yeah!". But Paul clearly said no. I think Political Junky just got confused is all. That'll happen.

Can my grandchild be BORN without being required to purchase health insurance by the time she's 25?

For someone that hates insurance companies so much and how much money they make you sure want them to gain as much business as possible, huh?

Oh....That's right!!
You'd rather the government get that money from you!!
:lol:

idiot
:cuckoo:

BS, the individual mandate that you retards keep calling "leftist" and unconstitutional was originally proposed by Republicans *BEFORE* anything like "Hillarycare" existed and even Obama himself opposed the individual mandate before he flip flopped and signed it into law, but yes, it was originally a Republican idea and even heavily proposed by the Heritage Foundation:

History of the Individual Health Insurance Mandate, 1989-2010 - Health Care Reform - ProCon.org

Yeah. That's well known. So what?

Yeah. That's well known. So what?

When Republicans proposed it they raised no issue about it unconstitutional, now they are, that's my point, there are retards calling the individual mandate 'leftist' and unconstitutional while simultaneously either willing ignoring or forgetting that Republicans, some of whom oppose it now originally championed it.

It was proposed by the Heritage Foundation who caught all kinds of grief for putting this out. Republicans didn't back it.

They only held it up as shield against something they saw as being worse (and in 1993, they looked a lot like the GOP of 2009).

If the GOP wanted a mandated system, they would have had no problem passing it.

They didn't pass it......what does that tell you ?

Can my grandchild be BORN without being required to purchase health insurance by the time she's 25?

For someone that hates insurance companies so much and how much money they make you sure want them to gain as much business as possible, huh?

Oh....That's right!!
You'd rather the government get that money from you!!
:lol:

idiot
:cuckoo:

I don't hate insurance companies making so much money you jackass, I specifically said I disagree with them passing their costs on to the consumer by raising premiums and also denying care to people, that's ripping people off.

It was proposed by the Heritage Foundation who caught all kinds of grief for putting this out. Republicans didn't back it.

They only held it up as shield against something they saw as being worse (and in 1993, they looked a lot like the GOP of 2009).

If the GOP wanted a mandated system, they would have had no problem passing it.

They didn't pass it......what does that tell you ?

Yes they did to back it, what are you retarded and hard of reading? They didn't catch any flack for it and the Dems opposed the individual mandate but have since flip flopped and passed it into law but back then the Dems opposed its so no, the Republicans couldn't have easily passed one, retard.

When Republicans proposed it they raised no issue about it unconstitutional, now they are, that's my point, there are retards calling the individual mandate 'leftist' and unconstitutional while simultaneously either willing ignoring or forgetting that Republicans, some of whom oppose it now originally championed it.

Again so what? Lotsa hypocrites out there. Don't much care. I wouldn't call it 'leftist' so much as 'corporatist', which is much worse actually. It sucks ass either way.

Again so what? Lotsa hypocrites out there. Don't much care. I wouldn't call it 'leftist' so much as 'corporatist', which is much worse actually. It sucks ass either way.

I don't like the individual mandate myself personally, I prefer the single payer system, but yes, I was calling out daveman the hypocrite for being such a dumb tool parroting right wing dogma with researching the facts, he likes popping off at the mouth talking about lefty this and liberal that. I'm no hypocrite and even pointed out how Dems flip flopped on the individual mandate even though I am no Dem and am a conservative. People need to quit being willfully dishonest in these discussions.

I don't like the individual mandate myself personally, I prefer the single payer system, but yes, I was calling out daveman the hypocrite for being such a dumb tool parroting right wing dogma with researching the facts, he likes popping off at the mouth talking about lefty this and liberal that. I'm no hypocrite and even pointed out how Dems flip flopped on the individual mandate even though I am no Dem and am a conservative. People need to quit being willfully dishonest in these discussions.

Anyway, will you be supporting the fight to get the mandate repealed then?

Anyway, will you be supporting the fight to get the mandate repealed then?

I already have government health insurance as a federal employee, it really doesn't bother me personally, I prefer single payer because its fiscally less expensive and keeps doctors from ripping people off.

Forum List

Back