Government is full steam ahead in creating the next bubble.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Well the DOW is looking gooooooood..whohooo!! 11,440...hot damn.
I think the FED should buy some more debt and promise some more bailouts so the market can hit 12,000...let's do it!!

Seriously though, this is getting scary. 11,400?? Really? And this is sustainable and based on real-tangible growth since 2009?
Ummm..no. It's not.

The economy is slowly getting better, October and November are clearly better. But....I am afraid our government is once again creating the next fall.

More of the same Baby!

Like a third Bush term.

We have learned nothing yet.

Why do you think this is so bad?

One of the underlying problems is that the Fed is at 0%. There's no where to go..

And the congress isn't going to okay a second stimulus. The problem with the first is that it was way to small.

More of the same Baby!

Like a third Bush term.

One of the underlying problems is that the Fed is at 0%. There's no where to go..

And the congress isn't going to okay a second stimulus. The problem with the first is that it was way to small.

the stimulus was largely misspent.
It would have done more to help the economy and jobs if it had just been divided up and given to citizens.

More spending of money we do not have does not get us out of the debt problem we have in both public and private sector.

and focusing on the market is not the answer.
The old if the market is doing fine so is the US is bullcrap.

Bushanomics II.

I predicted this shit years ago and could never figure out why they didn't get it done.

Probably cuz it won't work if all the QEII cash ends up inflating stocks commodities and whatever new fake assets (leased gold) WS is cooking up.

But it might still look good on paper!

More of the same Baby!

Like a third Bush term.

It would have done more to help the economy and jobs if it had just been divided up and given to citizens.

More spending of money we do not have does not get us out of the debt problem we have in both public and private sector.

Not so sure about the first part. Lots of it was sort of investment and shoring stuff up. It was definitely to small.

But the Fed at 0% is definitely a problem. The only way to remedy that is with inflation..of some sort..so it can justifiably be raised. Buying up debt is also a 2fer..adding liquidity and snapping up T-bills.

More of the same Baby!

Like a third Bush term.

It may not be so bad. We still don't know if it will work.

The Japanese did the same thing with $20 billion a month ago and it only worked for a week.

Meanwhile the Chinese have thrown out $3 trillion to deflate the yuan and that seems to have been enough.

But there are so, so many more dollars in circulation than there are yuan that it may take $300 trillion to get the same results the Chinese have managed.

Not so sure about the first part. Lots of it was sort of investment and shoring stuff up. It was definitely to small.

But the Fed at 0% is definitely a problem. The only way to remedy that is with inflation..of some sort..so it can justifiably be raised. Buying up debt is also a 2fer..adding liquidity and snapping up T-bills.

Yep that is really the largest economic mistake Bushco made. Keeping the interest rate far too low for far too long. Because the market loved it I supposed.
But going into a recession with a near zero interest rate is gonna be very hard to correct for.

More of the same Baby!

Like a third Bush term.

It may not be so bad. We still don't know if it will work.

The Japanese did the same thing with $20 billion a month ago and it only worked for a week.

Meanwhile the Chinese have thrown out $3 trillion to deflate the yuan and that seems to have been enough.

But there are so, so many more dollars in circulation than there are yuan that it may take $300 trillion to get the same results the Chinese have managed.

Yes there are some distinct disadvantages in being the largest economy.

More of the same Baby!

Like a third Bush term.

some people never, ever learn.

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and now if I am wrong somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosper. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises. I say after eight years of this administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started. And enormous debt to boot.”

May 9, 1939. Secretary of the Treasury Henry Morgenthau’s comments in testimony in front of the House Ways and Means Committee.

More of the same Baby!

Like a third Bush term.

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and now if I am wrong somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosper. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises. I say after eight years of this administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started. And enormous debt to boot.”

May 9, 1939. Secretary of the Treasury Henry Morgenthau’s comments in testimony in front of the House Ways and Means Committee.

No they don't learn.
The "stimulus forever" fans are the same people that were big fans of Fannie and Freddie. The very same people that are all for government spending as a way to cure all ills - are the same people that created the housing bubble by endless government fund injection into this market.
That same philosophy broadened is even a worse idea (of course) - but they just don't get it.
These people believe that the government has an endless supply of money.
"The stimulus should have been bigger"
"We should have universal healthcare"
"We need to invest in infrastructure"
"We need more affordable housing"
"We can't take away unemployment"
"We need to pour more resources into green energy"
"Stopping funding for NASA? Unholy!!"

And on and on and on...and of course fewer and fewer people every year are paying income taxes. But that is OK..we need to increase taxes on the rich and those evil companies they own!

:cuckoo:

More of the same Baby!

Like a third Bush term.

Doing the same thing over and over and overandoverandoverandover again, while expecting a better result.

Doing the same thing over and over and overandoverandoverandover again, while expecting a better result.

Aw C'Mon...nothing that raising taxes on those making $250,000 and over can't pay for.
:eusa_liar:

A continuation of supply side policies is bound to create bubbles somewhere in the investment world.

Why?

Because more and more money is chasing static or declining profits

Supply side economics when inappropriately applied (I say inappropriate because there ARE times when supply side stimulus is sound policy) solves nothing.

If you're wealthy and you suddenly have a lot more money, yes, of course you will invest it.

But then too, so will all the other wealthy people who are also suddently flush with extra investment cash

So really for those investments to work, the business you're investing in actually has make more profits.

What are we doing to STIUMULATE DEMAND?

Not much far as I can see.

Forum List

Back